veat - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-27-2003, 06:16 AM
Beginner

has anyone tried the Veat gourmet chicken? i made the recipe on the back for sweet and sour chicken and now i am addicted!!! hehehe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-27-2003, 11:53 AM
Veggie Regular

I've used the Veat gourmet bites. They're perfect in curries. ^_^
#3 Old 07-27-2003, 02:39 PM
Veggie Regular

They're pretty good, but I don't get them anymore because they're not vegan. Why can't they just take out the darn whey protein? grrrr. It couldn't be that important. I liked the one that looks like half a chicken, kinda sick but cute.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-06-2003, 02:05 AM
Veggie Regular

I just wrote this email to Veat:

To me, and everyone that I know, 100% Vegetarian means that the product does not contain meat, fish, eggs, or DAIRY products. I've noticed that your website advertises Veat as 100% Vegetarian, which is false. You have a wonderful product, and I believe that you would gain much more success if you eliminated one ingredient, whey protein. How important is this ingredient to your recipe? Vegan diets are becoming more and more popular by the minute. Do you really want to miss out on their purchases, since they are a significant part of your target customers? As a vegan, I have discontinued buying all of your products, which had been a staple in my diet as a vegetarian. I would gladly buy your products again if you made this small change. I think your company has a great message and image, but this ingredient is tainting it significantly. Please write back to me and let me know where you stand on this issue. Thank you for your time.

-Eva

[email protected]
#5 Old 08-06-2003, 02:51 AM

does it bother anyone else that veat sounds like a combination of veal and meat?
#6 Old 08-06-2003, 02:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Wouldn't that make it 100% vegan, rather than vegetarian?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page