Clif Nectar bars. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-14-2005, 12:48 PM
Veggie Regular

http://www.clifbar.com/eat/eat.cfm?location=nectar

I had part of one yesterday/the other part for my first breakfast this morning...

They're pretty tasty. I had the "dark chocolate & walnut", but also bought the "cinnamon pecan". The chocolate one was like a chewy, not-overly-sweet brownie...with a few crunchy chunks of walnuts.

Has anyone else tried them? I'm not sure what Clif's "target market" was for them...beside those who seek out minimally processed food products...one bar counts as two servings of fruit (mainly dates) so.../shrug. They're not as high in carbs as regular clif bars (but the one still has 27g), so I guess maybe those who do some cardio/training, but don't necessarily run 80-mile marathons (*cough-markc7-cough*).

Next time I get a chocolate craving I'll probably snatch up one of the chocolate flavor as opposed to a candy bar b/c it was 160 calories, vs. [I don't want to know] in a "regular" chocolate bar.

Okay well that is my post on the Clif Nectar bars. The one I had was good

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-14-2005, 12:52 PM
Veggie Regular

I love the Nectar bars! To me they are just a cheaper version of Larabars in different flavors but the same basic idea. I love the cinnamon pecan one.
#3 Old 07-14-2005, 01:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Ooh! A 160 cal Clif bar!? ROCK ON! Where can I get these? I haven't seen any around NJ, yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-14-2005, 11:40 PM

whole foods has them

they're yummy
#5 Old 07-15-2005, 12:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_vegan View Post

Next time I get a chocolate craving I'll probably snatch up one of the chocolate flavor as opposed to a candy bar b/c it was 160 calories, vs. [I don't want to know] in a "regular" chocolate bar.

The same amount of dark chocolate by weight has about 220 calories, but much less moisture. Seems like a wash to me. Chocolate protects you from cancer and heart disease too.

[/chocolate propaganda]
#6 Old 07-15-2005, 07:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by remilard View Post

The same amount of dark chocolate by weight has about 220 calories, but much less moisture. Seems like a wash to me. Chocolate protects you from cancer and heart disease too.

[/chocolate propaganda]

AND, as a side benefit, you'll hardly ever want as much dark chocolate b/c it is so satisfying.
#7 Old 07-15-2005, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catswym View Post

AND, as a side benefit, you'll hardly ever want as much dark chocolate b/c it is so satisfying.

Apparently you haven't seen me put away some dark chocolate. I want it. Lots of it!
#8 Old 07-15-2005, 08:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by missleigh View Post

Apparently you haven't seen me put away some dark chocolate. I want it. Lots of it!

I'm gonna second her on this one

Cheers!
#9 Old 07-15-2005, 09:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by missleigh View Post

http://chezlatina.com/I/chezlatina_1705_17968101.jpg

Try this one. You will probably eat it somewhat slower than you would a cliff bar. One of my favorites, though.
#10 Old 07-15-2005, 11:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Whoa, dark chocolate is some serious stuff if you get the ones up there on the percentage scale. When my <now> ex-boyfriend broke up with me, I was a good girl and went out for vegan layer cake and a nice, big bar of dark chocolate. I was sad, so when I saw the one labeled 90% dark chocolate...I was like ooooh yeah baby. I couldn't finish it! Me...the girl who can DOWN Newman's Own espresso dark chocolate bars by the barrel couldn't finish it! I was appalled and stunned.

That was some mind-blowing chocolate though.
#11 Old 07-16-2005, 10:06 AM
Banned

If you are going to eat 99%s or 100%s quality become pretty important. I find Puro to be pretty palatable, the Cluizel blend in 99% is pretty good too.

I had one of these nectar bar thingies, it was pretty good but I have a hard time justifying $.01 per calorie, and that was on sale.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page