I need a moisturizer! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-25-2005, 09:21 AM
Veggie Regular

Could someone recomend a good moisturizer for my face please? My skin is so dry right now and none of the moisturizers I have now are working. My skin does not usually get dry. It is probably from the extremely cold weather here. Please help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-26-2005, 02:36 PM
Beginner

I just discovered Lush Skin Drink it is super rich.

-Cosmo
#3 Old 01-26-2005, 02:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Arbonne has bio-hydria moisturizers, which are super rich. If you'd like a sample, pm me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-26-2005, 03:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Kiss My Face has a strong "All Night Creme de Nuit", but it has a strong rose fragrance that I'm not crazy about. I use J/A/S/O/N brand's "Quick Recovery Re-Hydrating SPF 15 Lotion", level 3, for dry/sensitive skin. It does the job for me. What kind of cleanser are you using? It could be too drying.
#5 Old 01-26-2005, 03:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, April's right. You should definitely be using a cream type cleanser vs. anything with foam or lather.
#6 Old 01-26-2005, 05:00 PM

I have been using the Paula's Choice brand items for several years and can't say enough good things about them. The website is www.cosmeticscop.com--she was a makeup artist that became the "ralph nader" of beauty products. The best thing is that they are very reasonable and fragrance free.

If you are vegan, you can email their customer service people and they will give you a whole list of vegan/non-vegan products.

They are the best!
#7 Old 01-26-2005, 05:15 PM

I like Garden Botanika myself. The products are plants based and not tested on animals. Plus, they last a long time, which justifies the slightly higher price to me.
#8 Old 02-02-2005, 12:57 AM
Beginner

I really like Complex 15 - Found it at my pharmacy. Has been a god sent. Works well in Winter without over-moisturizing, or undermoisturing. Reading from front and back of label: Complex 15 cream is a non-greasy formula that hydraes skin while maintaining its natural moisture balance. Ideal for unse under makeup.. Can be used with or w/o makeup. Is Hypo-Allergenic, Unscented, Non Greasy Formula, and Non Comedogenic (Won't clog pores ). Is oil free, and lanolin free.

However I'm not sure if the company has tested on animals. Its name: Schering-Plough Healthcare Products

Also, what their ingrediants are, aren't listed. Another Similiar product (instead of daily, its theraputic) listed this: Active Ingredients

Water; Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride; Glycerin; Squalane; Glyceryl Stearate; Propylene Glycol; PEG-50 Stearate; Cetyl Alcohol; Dimethicone; Glycol Stearate; Myristyl Myristate; Stearic Acid; Carbomer; Magnesium Aluminum Silicate; Diazolidinyl Urea; Lecithin; Sodium Hydroxide; C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters, BHT; Tetrasodium EDTA

Could someone let me know if this a good one or a no -no?

Should I be switching to something else? I have extremely sensitive skin, and even glycerin soap left me feeling dry, and chapped. Finding a lightweight moisturizer that won't make me oily, the way that oil of olay used to is key. I'm also bad when it comes down to my Facial Wash and Scrubs - both St. Ives. Gimme a good alternative that isn't harsh on skin, or any suggestions really, and I'll be indebted

Skyla
#9 Old 02-02-2005, 08:19 AM
Beginner

Skyla,

Arbonne's washes and moisturizers are safe for sensitive skin. You can order them through www.arbonne.com. They are also available in Canada. If you have any questions, PM me.
#10 Old 02-05-2005, 12:58 PM

Beauty w/o Cruelty has an awesome face moisturizer and a great cream cleanser, I get them from www.pangeaveg.com they save my skin from the winter.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page