Food Fight - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-05-2005, 01:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey, I saw that ad on here for Food Fight (vegan grocer in Portland) and placed on on line order for some stuff. The prices seemed really reasonable. Anyone else ordered from there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-05-2005, 01:24 PM
Veggie Regular

No, but when you yelled food fight i threw my lunch across the room.

#3 Old 01-05-2005, 02:48 PM

I did, and got my order yesterday I got some jerky, gummy candy, alfredo mac and chreese, and two pins. All I wanted origionally was the pins, but I figured I'd have to get more to make up for the shipping
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-05-2005, 05:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothic Sponge View Post

No, but when you yelled food fight i threw my lunch across the room.

LMAO. Well I hope someone thru some food back
#5 Old 01-05-2005, 05:50 PM
Veggie Regular

I've never ordered from them, but I've been to the store a lot. They rock! I'm so glad they have online ordering now, it gives me hope that they're going to be sticking around for a while.
#6 Old 01-05-2005, 11:43 PM
Banned

I like food fight because they have good stuff and when I go there I walk by Otsu...
#7 Old 01-06-2005, 03:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, the store is cool. And I got a great wallet at Otsu. And Kalga Cafe across the street will make you fab pizza with Vegan Gourmet!
#8 Old 01-08-2005, 11:48 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm in the SE area and always wanted to check them out but I'm so lazy and live closer to a couple of other health food stores. You guys have reminded me to head up there soon.

Molly, did you like the Kalga? I went there once and was disappointed because they don't have hummus even though they have a falafel sandwich. Plus, they don't sell diet soda. Kinda weird. Never went back.

I like the Golden Jade Chinese resturant on Belmont a lot. Not veg but lots of cheap-o options for about $5 during lunchtime.

“There is a distinct difference between having an open mind and having a hole in your head from which your brain leaks out."-James Randi

#9 Old 01-09-2005, 12:36 AM
Veggie Regular

I haven't ordered from them yet but I did send them an email asking about shipping to Canada. For those that may be interested, they'll ship either via UPS, (if you want it quickly or you've ordered perishables) or via the post office. You can specify on the order form.

I can't wait to try some of that vegetarian caviar!
#10 Old 01-09-2005, 01:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarro View Post

I'm in the SE area and always wanted to check them out but I'm so lazy and live closer to a couple of other health food stores. You guys have reminded me to head up there soon.

Molly, did you like the Kalga? I went there once and was disappointed because they don't have hummus even though they have a falafel sandwich. Plus, they don't sell diet soda. Kinda weird. Never went back.

I like the Golden Jade Chinese resturant on Belmont a lot. Not veg but lots of cheap-o options for about $5 during lunchtime.

Kalga is all organic/natural so no diet soda is understandable. They have a very good tea list though.
#11 Old 01-09-2005, 02:04 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm annoyed with WFM. They didn't have any Follow Your Heart cheeses at ALL this evening. :cross:
#12 Old 01-09-2005, 03:01 AM
Veggie Regular

Kalga's got a GREAT dish - chana masala with a samosa. Heavenly. I highly recommend that, and their chai. It's made with soymilk and is *wonderful.*

I miss food fight. BUT I'll be in portland next week & will be sure to make a trip. Pity they don't let you bring food into Australia. I'd come back home with an extra suitcase full of tings.
#13 Old 01-09-2005, 01:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by epski View Post

I'm annoyed with WFM. They didn't have any Follow Your Heart cheeses at ALL this evening. :cross:

Thank you Mr. Non Sequitur.
#14 Old 01-10-2005, 02:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Jess, see this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyGoat View Post

Yeah, the store is cool. And I got a great wallet at Otsu. And Kalga Cafe across the street will make you fab pizza with Vegan Gourmet!

ETA: Follow Your Heart manufactures Vegan Gourmet "cheese." They have a pretty good restaurant, too, though it's a bit of a drive for me.
#15 Old 01-14-2005, 12:01 AM
Veggie Regular

Ok I went to Food Fight and bought a bunch o stuff. I'm so happy they have those vegan doughnuts, always wanted to try one. I love doughnuts but haven't had one in +10 years so this really made my day.

I also bought the vegan shrimp. I'm going to try to trick my meat eating husband by telling him it's the real thing and see if he can tell.

Anyhow, Food Fight is pretty cool I will definately go back!

“There is a distinct difference between having an open mind and having a hole in your head from which your brain leaks out."-James Randi

#16 Old 01-14-2005, 01:02 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarro View Post

I also bought the vegan shrimp. I'm going to try to trick my meat eating husband by telling him it's the real thing and see if he can tell.

I've had the vegan shrimp in a shrimp fried rice dish at Vegetarian House and it was good, but it definitely wouldn't pass as real shrimp. Although, if you breaded and deep fried it, you might have a chance.
#17 Old 01-16-2005, 02:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Thanks for the shrimp tip. I'm going to try it in the Zatarans Jumbalaya. If the old man doesn't like it I might try to finish it. Although I never liked shrimp.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page