Got sick from Vega protein - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-26-2020, 09:51 AM

Got sick from Vega protein

Last night was the second time I threw up and felt sick for a whole day after eating Vega one all in 1 protein French vanilla, the first time I ate some other things I thought were he cause, this time I had nothing but the powder in water for a meal and the same thing thing happened It sapped all my energy I threw up everything for a couple hours major stomach ache and couldn’t even keep water down till the next day, I’ve had progressive veg essentials and a few other vegan all in 1 proteins and felt normal, it seems to be the Vega one although I don’t know what’s in it that does it

Has anyone else had reactions this this product?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-01-2020, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

No, but that happens if I eat avocado.
Sounds like you should avoid it!
It has pea protein, mushrooms....go through the ingredient list and see if you spot anything.
All food can cause a bad reaction to some people

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#3 Old 11-03-2020, 06:49 PM

Uh oh. I just bought a pound of the chocolate flavor Vega from Target... will be curious to see what happens.

It's not exactly the same type of product, but I've been drinking Soylent for months now for a quick breakfast.. I like it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-12-2020, 07:09 AM

You might be allergic or sensitive to one or more of the ingredients. I have eaten gluten foods my whole life and about 2 1/2 years ago I started waking up in the early morning hours (like midnight or 1 am) and felt like I needed to throw up, but nothing was in my stomach for hours. I went through the motions of throwing up, but only saliva and a bit of stomach acid came up and I felt better after that. This went on for the next week or so. Then one day I was watching my grandson at my daughter's house. Not much to eat in the house, so I had some toast for breakfast, a peanut butter sandwich for lunch and burrito for dinner. The next day I watched him again and had toast, cream of wheat and a PB&J. That night I threw up a lot! I made the connection that I was allergic or sensitive to gluten and gave it up and haven't had an issue of throwing up or feeling nauseous since. So many people have gluten sensitives these days.
Other people are allergic to soy, and now pea protein is the thing turning up in all kinds of vegan products. Since these things tend to be concentrated foods, I think we overdo the food and it's not something to eat at all or very often.
If you have ever eaten Beyond Burgers, it too is pea protein. Did you have a problem eating it? Sometimes things build up in your system before you feel bad, as was the case with me and the gluten foods. You must be a detective and write down things you eat and keep track so you can figure it out, because most doctors never even ask what you eat. It could be something in the Vega protein and if you were to eat a food that contained one of those ingredients, you may or may not get sick. Such as eat peas in their nature state might be fine, but eating the concentrated protein could be your body cannot handle the excess amounts. And why do you need the excess protein in a powdered drink anyhow? Eat a healthy veg diet and your protein needs are more than met. People are too obsessed with protein.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page