6Likes
  • 1 Post By jessandreia
  • 1 Post By oldmanveggie
  • 1 Post By etherea
  • 1 Post By Gliondrach
  • 1 Post By KyttenBrinkman
  • 1 Post By silva

#1 Old 06-27-2018, 03:03 AM

Wink do you use Deodorant ? Which one you will recommend?

I generally don't wear deodorant, I'm luckily enough to not smell or at least shower before I get the chance to start smelling. But, It's starting to get warmer and I'm a little more active than I used to be so I'm in need of deodorant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-27-2018, 05:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Been using Lafes and Crystal Essence.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#3 Old 06-27-2018, 07:46 PM
Beginner

I remember hearing a co-worker once saying that being a vegan means your body odor will go away. That did not happen with me, I still get body odor especially under the arms despite eating a vegan diet.

I don't use anti-perspirant because it makes my underarms itch, but use deodorant like Old Spice. Not as strong as anti-perspirants though.
Ijinendra likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-30-2018, 03:06 AM
Veggie Regular

I use earth conscious natural deodorant. It is a mixture of coconut oil, arrowroot, shea butter. sodium bicarbonate and beeswax.
Ijinendra likes this.

There is joy and beauty in everything around us, just take time to see it!

#5 Old 07-02-2018, 07:32 PM
Fellow Hummusapian

I use Schmidt's Natural Deodorant, and I'd recommend it to anyone. Obviously it's vegan/cruelty-free, does not contain aluminum and it does not irritate my sensitive skin like other brands do.
#6 Old 07-03-2018, 03:21 PM

I make my own. I put a tiny amount of water in a cup. Add a fraction of a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda and mix it in with the spoon. Then I dampen under my arms with water (helps to spread the bicarb solution more easily) and spread the solution under my arms with a bit of tissue paper/kitchen towel. People no longer move away from me on buses. Although they still do when I start muttering to myself and growling.
Ijinendra likes this.
#7 Old 07-07-2018, 03:53 PM

If you look on the back there are animal testing free symbols (little &#x1f407 I use Tomms it's vegan and cruelty free and available in most drug stores.
Ijinendra likes this.
#8 Old 07-08-2018, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliondrach View Post
I make my own. I put a tiny amount of water in a cup. Add a fraction of a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda and mix it in with the spoon. Then I dampen under my arms with water (helps to spread the bicarb solution more easily) and spread the solution under my arms with a bit of tissue paper/kitchen towel. People no longer move away from me on buses. Although they still do when I start muttering to myself and growling.
Man, that is harsh! I mix coconut oil with baking soda (bi-carb) and cornstarch and my first mix was half and half and that was so irritating I got a rash! I reheated it and added a lot more cornstarch and oil to get a better PH. Baking soda is so alkaline! Our skin is on the acidic side.
Ijinendra likes this.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#9 Old 07-16-2018, 06:07 AM

Quote:
oh is it natural, as you did not mention any natural ingredients and i also looking for deo which is natural so would you like to share complete making process
#10 Old 07-23-2018, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
Man, that is harsh! I mix coconut oil with baking soda (bi-carb) and cornstarch and my first mix was half and half and that was so irritating I got a rash! I reheated it and added a lot more cornstarch and oil to get a better PH. Baking soda is so alkaline! Our skin is on the acidic side.

I know that it can irritate some skins but I've never had any problems. It would probably sting a bit in people who shave under their arms.
#11 Old 07-23-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ijinendra View Post
oh is it natural, as you did not mention any natural ingredients and i also looking for deo which is natural so would you like to share complete making process

It's a naturally occurring substance but I've recently learned (today) that it is commercially produced in factories. It is used in baking and drunk in water for indigestion. I put a fraction of a teaspoon in about a thimble-ful of water. I mix it with a spoon and then dab some tissue paper in and then apply that to my underarms. I wet my underarms with water first to help it spread more easily. I know that some people with mix the bicarb in some sort of oil and keep it in a jar. Perfume could be added if wanted. If you want to try it I suggest using it under one arm to compare it with whatever you are using now.
#12 Old 07-23-2018, 09:42 AM

Here's a recipe for a fancier one:
https://wellnessmama.com/1523/natural-deodorant/
#13 Old 07-23-2018, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I know that it can irritate some skins but I've never had any problems. It would probably sting a bit in people who shave under their arms.
I guess I'm just more sensitive. When I started with my formula I quit shaving my underarms. Just a couple years after using this creme I hardly have any hair there at all!
I should try this on my legs in the winter when I don't shave. Using it while shaving would be irritating to me

#14 Old 05-27-2019, 02:02 AM

I personally use MARKS AND SPENCER floral collection lavender. I can suggest that. EARTH CONSCIOUS is also a good choice.
#15 Old 06-13-2019, 07:57 AM

I have been using a crystal salt stick for years. I bought this salt stick over 19 years ago and it's not even half way used up!!! Just wet your hand and get the salt stick wet in your hand and rub under your arm. I don't have body odor, but use it in the warm weather to keep dry. So cheap to use a salt crystal stick too.
#16 Old 06-14-2019, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

I've had a Crystal stick for years--it works as a deodorant, but not an antiperspirant!

#17 Old 06-15-2019, 03:05 PM
Vegan since 1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
I've had a Crystal stick for years--it works as a deodorant, but not an antiperspirant!

I use a pyramid/karma deodorant. Crystals are so 1992.

Disclaimer: Joking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________

Specific recommendations for a healthy diet include: eating more fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains; cutting down on salt, sugar and fats. It is also advisable to choose unsaturated fats, instead of saturated fats and towards the elimination of trans-fatty acids."
- United Nations' World Health Organization
http://www.who.int/topics/diet/en/
#18 Old 10-12-2019, 09:06 AM
haimen

I would recommend these 2 Best Deodorants for you. Just try these.

Bali Secrets Natural Deodorant

Suave Antiperspirant Deodorant

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page