VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   Product Reviews (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/23-product-reviews/)
-   -   do you use Deodorant ? Which one you will recommend? (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/23-product-reviews/228716-do-you-use-deodorant-one-you-will-recommend.html)

Ijinendra 06-27-2018 03:03 AM

do you use Deodorant ? Which one you will recommend?
 
I generally don't wear deodorant, I'm luckily enough to not smell or at least shower before I get the chance to start smelling. But, It's starting to get warmer and I'm a little more active than I used to be so I'm in need of deodorant.

jessandreia 06-27-2018 05:59 PM

Been using Lafes and Crystal Essence.

oldmanveggie 06-27-2018 07:46 PM

I remember hearing a co-worker once saying that being a vegan means your body odor will go away. That did not happen with me, I still get body odor especially under the arms despite eating a vegan diet.

I don't use anti-perspirant because it makes my underarms itch, but use deodorant like Old Spice. Not as strong as anti-perspirants though.

etherea 06-30-2018 03:06 AM

I use earth conscious natural deodorant. It is a mixture of coconut oil, arrowroot, shea butter. sodium bicarbonate and beeswax.

phoenixrising 07-02-2018 07:32 PM

I use Schmidt's Natural Deodorant, and I'd recommend it to anyone. Obviously it's vegan/cruelty-free, does not contain aluminum and it does not irritate my sensitive skin like other brands do.

Gliondrach 07-03-2018 03:21 PM

I make my own. I put a tiny amount of water in a cup. Add a fraction of a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda and mix it in with the spoon. Then I dampen under my arms with water (helps to spread the bicarb solution more easily) and spread the solution under my arms with a bit of tissue paper/kitchen towel. People no longer move away from me on buses. Although they still do when I start muttering to myself and growling.

KyttenBrinkman 07-07-2018 03:53 PM

If you look on the back there are animal testing free symbols (little 🐇) I use Tomms it's vegan and cruelty free and available in most drug stores.

silva 07-08-2018 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gliondrach (Post 4118078)
I make my own. I put a tiny amount of water in a cup. Add a fraction of a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda and mix it in with the spoon. Then I dampen under my arms with water (helps to spread the bicarb solution more easily) and spread the solution under my arms with a bit of tissue paper/kitchen towel. People no longer move away from me on buses. Although they still do when I start muttering to myself and growling.

Man, that is harsh! I mix coconut oil with baking soda (bi-carb) and cornstarch and my first mix was half and half and that was so irritating I got a rash! I reheated it and added a lot more cornstarch and oil to get a better PH. Baking soda is so alkaline! Our skin is on the acidic side.

Ijinendra 07-16-2018 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gliondrach (Post 4118078)
I make my own. I put a tiny amount of water in a cup. Add a fraction of a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda and mix it in with the spoon. Then I dampen under my arms with water (helps to spread the bicarb solution more easily) and spread the solution under my arms with a bit of tissue paper/kitchen towel. People no longer move away from me on buses. Although they still do when I start muttering to myself and growling.

oh is it natural, as you did not mention any natural ingredients and i also looking for deo which is natural so would you like to share complete making process

Gliondrach 07-23-2018 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silva (Post 4118134)
Man, that is harsh! I mix coconut oil with baking soda (bi-carb) and cornstarch and my first mix was half and half and that was so irritating I got a rash! I reheated it and added a lot more cornstarch and oil to get a better PH. Baking soda is so alkaline! Our skin is on the acidic side.


I know that it can irritate some skins but I've never had any problems. It would probably sting a bit in people who shave under their arms.

Gliondrach 07-23-2018 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ijinendra (Post 4118260)
oh is it natural, as you did not mention any natural ingredients and i also looking for deo which is natural so would you like to share complete making process


It's a naturally occurring substance but I've recently learned (today) that it is commercially produced in factories. It is used in baking and drunk in water for indigestion. I put a fraction of a teaspoon in about a thimble-ful of water. I mix it with a spoon and then dab some tissue paper in and then apply that to my underarms. I wet my underarms with water first to help it spread more easily. I know that some people with mix the bicarb in some sort of oil and keep it in a jar. Perfume could be added if wanted. If you want to try it I suggest using it under one arm to compare it with whatever you are using now.

Gliondrach 07-23-2018 09:42 AM

Here's a recipe for a fancier one:
https://wellnessmama.com/1523/natural-deodorant/

silva 07-23-2018 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gliondrach (Post 4118376)
I know that it can irritate some skins but I've never had any problems. It would probably sting a bit in people who shave under their arms.

I guess I'm just more sensitive. When I started with my formula I quit shaving my underarms. Just a couple years after using this creme I hardly have any hair there at all!
I should try this on my legs in the winter when I don't shave. Using it while shaving would be irritating to me

katebrownell 05-27-2019 02:02 AM

I personally use MARKS AND SPENCER floral collection lavender. I can suggest that. EARTH CONSCIOUS is also a good choice.

vegangal55 06-13-2019 07:57 AM

I have been using a crystal salt stick for years. I bought this salt stick over 19 years ago and it's not even half way used up!!! Just wet your hand and get the salt stick wet in your hand and rub under your arm. I don't have body odor, but use it in the warm weather to keep dry. So cheap to use a salt crystal stick too.

silva 06-14-2019 06:59 PM

I've had a Crystal stick for years--it works as a deodorant, but not an antiperspirant!

David3 06-15-2019 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silva (Post 4121632)
I've had a Crystal stick for years--it works as a deodorant, but not an antiperspirant!



I use a pyramid/karma deodorant. Crystals are so 1992.

Disclaimer: Joking


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haimen 10-12-2019 09:06 AM

I would recommend these 2 Best Deodorants for you. Just try these.

Bali Secrets Natural Deodorant

Suave Antiperspirant Deodorant


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.