Silk Soy Coffee Cream - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-30-2004, 09:17 AM
Beginner

This stuff rocks... I bought the vanilla and it works just like Diary cream used too. And it taste great!

I saw it in chocolate as well but I didn't pick that up... Chocolate coffee? hmmmmm...

Plus! It's CHEAPER (at least at my store) than any of the Dairy Creams that I saw! wooo hooo!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-30-2004, 09:20 AM
Veggie Regular

I saw that. I don't drink coffee, but I used to love milk in my tea. I wonder if that would work.
#3 Old 09-30-2004, 10:42 AM
Veggie Regular

I cannot drink coffee without it! I can't drink black coffee- it makes my stomach sour. I love the Silk creamer. This is the first time I've heard of the chocolate! I'll have to look for it- thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-30-2004, 10:50 AM
Veggie Regular

It works and works happily rincaro.

Just wait until they come out with their annual stash of egg nog badrash!
#5 Old 09-30-2004, 11:09 AM
Veggie Regular

Yummy. If it ever cools down here I will start drinking tea for the "winter". Yay!
#6 Old 09-30-2004, 02:18 PM
Veggie Regular

i try not to buy it because i will keep drinking small amounts of it (french vanilla) plain and it will be gone in a day or two without ever being used for its intended purpose!
#7 Old 09-30-2004, 02:58 PM
Veggie Regular

I tried it once a few years ago and it curdled in my coffee so I haven't had it scince. Yesterday someone at my school was walking with an iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts that was white from the cream. It looked so good! Cream is one thing I really miss. Maybe I should give the Silk Cream another chance.
#8 Old 09-30-2004, 05:50 PM
Veggie Regular

lijahbaby, to keep it from curdling, I've found that putting it in your mug before the coffe helps. I have no idea why, I guess just adding the hot coffee to the cold creamer works better than vice versa. I've noticed the same thing with regular soymilk in coffee as well. Maybe if you try the Silk again, put the creamer in first
#9 Old 09-30-2004, 05:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Ahh. Thanks for the tip, punkmommy. I'll definitely try that.
#10 Old 09-30-2004, 07:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkmommy View Post

lijahbaby, to keep it from curdling, I've found that putting it in your mug before the coffe helps. I have no idea why, I guess just adding the hot coffee to the cold creamer works better than vice versa. I've noticed the same thing with regular soymilk in coffee as well. Maybe if you try the Silk again, put the creamer in first

I have found the same thing.
#11 Old 10-05-2004, 11:27 PM

I'm in love with this stuff! I love to shake the carton like crazy, pour it in the mug, then add coffee and it kind of looks like a yummy foamy latte. It's great.
#12 Old 10-06-2004, 07:43 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamila View Post

Just wait until they come out with their annual stash of egg nog badrash!

Soy egg nog is the best thing ever, especially with rum and extra nutmeg.

I haven't tried soy creamer yet, but it sounds good. I wish Tim Horton's (Canadian chain) would start stocking soy milk.
#13 Old 10-08-2004, 10:05 PM
Beginner

would chocolate flavored make a mock-mocha???
#14 Old 10-09-2004, 05:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lijahbaby View Post

I tried it once a few years ago and it curdled in my coffee so I haven't had it scince. Yesterday someone at my school was walking with an iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts that was white from the cream. It looked so good! Cream is one thing I really miss. Maybe I should give the Silk Cream another chance.

At least at the store near me, they have soymilk now. Ask them next time you go!
#15 Old 10-17-2004, 11:30 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieShul View Post

would chocolate flavored make a mock-mocha???

sure would!

Soy eggnog? >gasP< Thank god it exhist! lol I will have to find some... Last year I was only "veganish" lol so I bought some organic eggnog But this year I shall find the soy version.

I noticed that curdling in my coffee thing you all were talking about today, I have never had it happen before though... I thought maybe because this certain container of the silk stuff has been in my fridge for awhile (i bought 2 last time I went in because they were the last two and i'm selfish ahaha) but I drank it anyway lol I figure how can soy bad kill me right?
#16 Old 10-17-2004, 02:42 PM
Veggie Regular

I have used silk creamer in some cake recipes and stuff that called for cream...worked pretty well... I love the stuff!
#17 Old 10-18-2004, 07:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Well, I finally tried it. I just want to know how I've lived so long without it! It is so yummy. The only bad thing is that I have been drinking much more coffee and that is not good for my acid reflux. But damn it's good.
#18 Old 10-19-2004, 02:35 PM
Veggie Regular

My dad lives on Silk Creamer, and he is a hard-core omni with high bp, cholesterol and borderline diabetes. He thinks it is healthier than cream (and i agree). He pours it on fruit, drinks it in coffee, last time I was over the fridge was stocked and my dad said he was making cream of potato soup with it. i was going to buy some last time i was at the grocery, but since it has some fat in with it, I thoguht i should stick w/ff soymilk. But i am definately going to buy it soon to make something decadent.
#19 Old 10-21-2004, 11:46 AM
Veggie Regular

I'be been using the Hazelnut flavor. It's good stuff! I've never seen the plain (to use in baking or for soups), but maybe I'll search a littler harder next time I'm at the store.
#20 Old 03-30-2005, 05:17 PM
Veggie Regular

I finally found Silk for coffee and IT IS DELICIOUS! I usually drink coffee with vanilla soy but the Silk creamer tastes more decadent...and only 1 gram of fat! The carton's small enough to bring to work and I won't have to worry about anyone filtching it.
#21 Old 03-30-2005, 05:57 PM
Veggie Regular

I've been wondering about that stuff.

I have a hard time getting past the cream in my coffee. I'll drink it black, but I don't enjoy it anywhere near as much and soymilk in coffee just doesn't cut it.

I am definitely going to pick some up the next time I see it.

One baby step closer! Thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page