Lil Debbie Cake donuts - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-17-2004, 07:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi. On PETA's "Can't believe it's Vegan" site, it lists Little Debbie cake donuts as Vegan, but I am concerned about the artificial/natural flavors. I emailed to McKee foods (parent of Little Debbie) but they never responded. Does anyone here know? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-17-2004, 08:00 PM
Administrator

If they don't respond you could e-mail PETA and ask what their criteria were, they may have already checked into it.

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3 Old 09-17-2004, 08:56 PM
Veggie Regular

I know some VBers looked into this before, and turned them up as Vegan A-OKay. So... go ahead and indulge. (And if you do, tell me where you got em!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-17-2004, 10:10 PM
Veggie Regular

I just ate one today - yum!

CharityAJO: When I decide to indulge on occasion, I buy them across the street from where I work at CVS Pharmacy.
#5 Old 09-18-2004, 03:24 AM
Veggie Regular

I've been on the look out for these a long time now ever since PETA posted them. Nobody seems to sell them in my hippie neighborhood

“There is a distinct difference between having an open mind and having a hole in your head from which your brain leaks out."-James Randi

#6 Old 09-18-2004, 08:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh my gosh. I did *not* need to know this.... I have not had a donut in at least 4 years - maybe more.
#7 Old 09-18-2004, 12:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks, guys! I did email PETA, however they did not respond yet. BTW it was difficult for me to find these also
#8 Old 09-18-2004, 09:08 PM
Veggie Regular

I love those little donuts. Here in Las Vegas they usually sell them in gas stations/7-11's and other convenience type stores. They are miniature donuts (have like 6 per package I think) and sell for 2 packages for a $1.00. If you are having trouble finding them look in places like that...
#9 Old 09-18-2004, 09:52 PM
Veggie Regular

I've found that the miniature cake donuts that look just like the regular-sized ones are not vegan.
#10 Old 09-18-2004, 09:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnelian View Post

I've found that the miniature cake donuts that look just like the regular-sized ones are not vegan.

I've never seen a full size Little Debbie cake donut. If they are there I would think they are made from the same stuff as the miniature one's- and they are tasty!
#11 Old 09-18-2004, 10:14 PM
Veggie Regular

They do not contain the same ingredients...doesn't make sense to me.
#12 Old 09-19-2004, 05:43 PM
Veggie Regular

the packs with 6 in a pack are not vegan, at least the ones that I see around. The only cake donuts that I know of the the ones called cake donuts, and they are regular sized donuts not minis.
#13 Old 09-20-2004, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkrk View Post

the packs with 6 in a pack are not vegan, at least the ones that I see around. The only cake donuts that I know of the the ones called cake donuts, and they are regular sized donuts not minis.

Agreed. The full size, and the mid-size (come in a two-pack) are vegan, but the mini donuts are not. As I recall, the non-vegan ingredient is a fairly obvious one, so it should be easy enough to tell when you take a look at the packages.
#14 Old 09-27-2004, 01:02 PM
Veggie Regular

When the list first came out I checked, and in my area they contain eggs and milk. The ones I looked at were in a big box with like 10 or 12. What is the deal?
#15 Old 09-27-2004, 01:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelena View Post

When the list first came out I checked, and in my area they contain eggs and milk. The ones I looked at were in a big box with like 10 or 12. What is the deal?

Same here, the only vegan doughnuts I can find are the nutraclious ones(totally misspelled that) they're really good but they're not krispy kreme
#16 Old 09-30-2004, 06:37 AM
Veggie Regular

I saw these at a gas station when I was going to Minnesota, but I haven't seen them anywhere else. Check gas stations. They were vegan, just make sure they're the "Cake Doughnuts."

Check out my webcomic! www.GrammarComic.com
#17 Old 09-30-2004, 09:13 AM
Beginner

someone said krispy kreme...droool I live 2 blocks from Dunkin Donuts... ANyone know how bad it sucks to have to drive right past them Multiple times a day? Not to mention I have to park right next to them when the parking lot is full at the store? waaah donuts....
#18 Old 07-09-2007, 09:54 AM

I know this is an old thread, but I figured I would update with the info I received from Customer Service. See the quoted email body below.

"Dear Ms. ******:

Thank you for your interest in LITTLE DEBBIE(r) Cake Donuts. We

appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

The ingredients in this product have recently changed and now contain milk

and eggs. We apologize for any disappointment.

The following products in our SUNBELT(r) line of snacks are free of milk

and eggs:

Fruit Jammers

Crunchy Oats & Honey Granola Bars

I hope this information is helpful to you. If you need further assistance, please

call us at 1-800-522-4499.

Sincerely,

MCKEE FOODS CORPORATION

Sandra Walterhouse

Consumer Care Representative

[email protected]"

NOT VEGAN (or no longer vegan). There ya go.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page