Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By VeganMel
  • 1 Post By meg moo
  • 1 Post By silva

#1 Old 06-03-2016, 02:29 PM
Veggie Recycler

V05 Shampoo vs OGX

So for a year or two I had been buying these Organix/OGX shampoos because they aren't tested on animals, and I assumed they were of superior quality. These can run 8-9 dollars per bottle, and 5-6 on sale. I will say it's still totally worth it with the Morrocan Argan Oil leave in conditioner/detangler.

But the rest is a complete scam. I say this because the bottles announce they are organic and sodium laurel sulfate free...um, but the first ingredient is ammonium laurel sulfate, and the ingredients are very similar to V05...right down to using coloring for the appearance of the shampoo.

So do yourself a favor and avoid this scam buying V05 which is vegan, not tested on animals, runs 75 cents to 1 dollar a bottle, and has essentially very similar ingredients (however I'm still avoiding the ones with red dyes).

Aside from the leave in detangler I will no longer recommend Organix to anyone. Lush products are the only ones actually worth the higher price range.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-03-2016, 03:18 PM

I read online recently that OGX now sells in China, too, and is therefore no longer cruelty-free. Here's the link: http://www.crueltyfreekitty.com/news...-cruelty-free/ This was disappointing because I also used to love that brand a while ago. I don't know too much about V05.
I have heard great things about Lush and will therefore have to try out their hair care products! I've been using the Yes To line for shampoo which is Leaping Bunny certified (and most products are vegan), but it's also a little pricey in my opinion.
Thanks for sharing this!

Last edited by VeganMel; 06-03-2016 at 03:20 PM.
#3 Old 06-03-2016, 09:22 PM
cinnamon bun

good to know!
Thalassa4 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-03-2016, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

I've seen what looks exactly like OGX in Dollar Tree stores. They've got the bottles, and types, the same- my son got the tea tree mint shampoo and conditioner- for $1.00. I know they're labeled cruelty free.
I didn't think that about vo5.
I've used White Rain
Thalassa4 likes this.
#5 Old 06-03-2016, 11:26 PM
Veggie Recycler

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
I've seen what looks exactly like OGX in Dollar Tree stores. They've got the bottles, and types, the same- my son got the tea tree mint shampoo and conditioner- for $1.00. I know they're labeled cruelty free.
I didn't think that about vo5.
I've used White Rain

The Dollar Tree sometimes has great finds!

Tags
cruelty free , shampoo , value shopping

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page