Method Laundry Detergent - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-08-2004, 09:21 AM
Veggie Regular

This is a new product at Target. It's concentrated and I remember reading in another thread on VB that Method is not tested on animals. Does anyone know if it is environmentally friendly (biodegradable - no petro)? I know the the packaging is more environmentally friendly because it is concentrated (3x) so you don't use as much and the bottle is very small compared to conventional brands. Currently I use Restore (locally made) laundry detergent for regular clothes and Ecover for delicates. But I wouldn't mind finding a product that I didn't have to drive into the city for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-08-2004, 09:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh, and you can see the ad for Method at www.target.com/method
#3 Old 09-27-2004, 01:28 PM
Veggie Regular

I was just at Target and looked at the back of the bottle of Method Laundry Detergent. It states that it is free of phosphates, biodegradable, and cruelty free!! How cool is that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-27-2004, 01:57 PM
Heart Beet

i have Method dish soap. it makes almost no suds but boy it cuts greasey things (avocado and olive oil) like nothing else!
#5 Old 09-27-2004, 04:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Ooooh! That might be our new thing. Thanks for the heads up.
#6 Old 09-27-2004, 05:08 PM
Veggie Regular

I am using the grapefruit scented dishwashing pods right now. I'd prefer powder or gel, they probably contain gelatin. I was a little suspicious of cruelty free. I only assume it means no testing.
#7 Old 09-28-2004, 07:34 AM
Veggie Regular

I use Method disposable moist wipes... like Wet Ones... for bathroom cleanups. They're biodegradable and non-toxic. I also have Method candles, which are made with vegetable wax and lead-free, all-cotton wicks.
#8 Old 09-28-2004, 07:48 AM
Veggie Regular

toadstool, very cool! I wish I had heard of Method sooner. Well, I had heard of Method, but had no idea that they offered biodegradable non-toxic products! I just assumed since it was for sale at Target, it was just like all the other conventional stuff.
#9 Old 09-28-2004, 11:36 AM
Veggie Regular

I use a product called "Granny's Power Plus". I know, very sexy. Anyway, I have a problem with most fragrances that are added to products and this stuff has none. It is about $25 a gallon but it only takes a tablespoon for a whole load of laundry so a gallon lasts a long time. It is great stuff. It was the only detergent I could find to wash diapers with when my kids were little that allowed me to skip the extra rinse cyces and would not give them rashes.

I do like some of the method products but if I am not feeling tip-top I can't take the smell. they are a HUGE improvement over most though.

Sunny
#10 Old 10-01-2004, 01:13 PM
Veggie Regular

i stuck this in another thread but thought i would share it here as well. it's part of the response i got from a method rep when i emailed about the new laundry products.

"In response to your question regarding animal ingredients, all of our products are animal-free except for one new addition to our laundry care line: our dryer sheets. The first batch of dryer sheets that were manufactured contains tallow, which is a beef derivative. Our fabric softener, on the other hand, is made with canola oil instead. The plan is to get the formula just right to where we can roll out the next round of dryer sheets using a canola base, as well."
#11 Old 10-01-2004, 01:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild blackberry View Post

i stuck this in another thread but thought i would share it here as well. it's part of the response i got from a method rep when i emailed about the new laundry products.

"In response to your question regarding animal ingredients, all of our products are animal-free except for one new addition to our laundry care line: our dryer sheets. The first batch of dryer sheets that were manufactured contains tallow, which is a beef derivative. Our fabric softener, on the other hand, is made with canola oil instead. The plan is to get the formula just right to where we can roll out the next round of dryer sheets using a canola base, as well."

Good to know, thank you wild blackberry!
#12 Old 03-11-2005, 04:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by renaissancesun View Post

I use a product called "Granny's Power Plus". I know, very sexy. Anyway, I have a problem with most fragrances that are added to products and this stuff has none. It is about $25 a gallon but it only takes a tablespoon for a whole load of laundry so a gallon lasts a long time. It is great stuff. It was the only detergent I could find to wash diapers with when my kids were little that allowed me to skip the extra rinse cyces and would not give them rashes.

I do like some of the method products but if I am not feeling tip-top I can't take the smell. they are a HUGE improvement over most though.

Sunny

I hate this! I have been using this stuff for years and I can find nothing like it. they company has closed it's doors. grrrrr.
#13 Old 03-11-2005, 05:33 PM
Beginner

After reading this and getting excited about Method, I did a quick search- is this the company you are talking about? (hope link works!)

http://www.methodhome.com/

I just quickly read a few things, but looks good!
#14 Old 03-12-2005, 12:09 AM

Whats the prices like?
#15 Old 03-12-2005, 09:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagginabit View Post

Whats the prices like?

Generally, high compared to Ecover, 7th Generation, Earth Friendly Products etc. I remember reading this thread here and thinking its at Target it must cheap, notsomuch.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page