• 2 Post By LedBoots
  • 4 Post By tokyobags
  • 2 Post By LedBoots
  • 2 Post By no whey jose
  • 3 Post By silva

#1 Old 11-25-2015, 04:58 AM

Question High-quality cloth briefcases with no leather parts

Are there

I'm looking for a high-quality and good-looking cloth briefcase, similar to what Filson and Property Of make, and while there are plenty available, virtually all of them feature leather trim. I tried checking vegan brands, and found out they offer almost no briefcases, and what they do offer does not look good at all.

Filson 257 (check it ar http://www.filson.com/briefcase-computer-bag.html) is what I consider a perfect briefcase. Do you know any non-leather analogue to it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-27-2015, 12:09 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

This is not what you asked about (lol sorry) but look at this cool cork bag.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/2509728...r_listings_row
#3 Old 11-27-2015, 12:34 PM
Veg-head since 10/14/14

Send a message via Yahoo to MadamSarcastra
Would anything here work? http://www.luggagepros.com/supercat_...d=2393&cat5=43

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~ MadamSarcastra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-27-2015, 05:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Some of the military style canvas messenger bags/briefcases are completely canvas, with no leather trim, but perhaps the style is more rugged than what you are wanting?

Example: http://www.amazon.com/Rapiddominance...+messenger+bag
#5 Old 12-06-2015, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Joe View Post
Some of the military style canvas messenger bags/briefcases are completely canvas, with no leather trim, but perhaps the style is more rugged than what you are wanting?
Messenger bag and canvas briefcase are too quite different styles.

There are some nice canvas briefcases on Amazon, like this one: http://www.amazon.com/National-Geogr...nvas+briefcase but none seem to be as good as Filson's.

From what I understand it is widely accepted in the society that high-end luggage even when made of canvas must feature authentic leather trim and no manufacture dares to break this rule. My hope was to find one that does.
#6 Old 01-02-2016, 12:17 PM

Hello,

I wouldnt want to hijack this topic, but if you are looking for vegan bags of any sorts, I would be really humbled if you can check out my family's vegan bags store at tokyobags.co We do have great looking vegan briefcases too.

My name is Jun and I am an architect. I work for a sustainable architecture firms which design for sustainable architecture between Asia and California.

Back at home, I run our family store tokyobags.co with my wife. We designed and make bags for both men and women, ranging from briefcases to messengers and backpacks.

We have been vegans for more than 10 years. We decided to start a vegan store because we wish to help people around us to understand the lifestyle, health and psychological benefits of living the vegan way. To us, it is important to live in harmony and respect with our environment and planet.

Please feel free to contact me if you need any help in getting our vegan bags, we ship worldwide and we will be glad to help you out in anyway we could.

Thanks!
Jun

Proudly Asian Vegan for 10 Years

Visit Our Family Store:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for 100% Vegan Bags.

We handcraft bags ranging from backpacks to briefcases for all men and women.
We ship worldwide too.
#7 Old 01-02-2016, 02:14 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyobags View Post
Hello,

I wouldnt want to hijack this topic, but if you are looking for vegan bags of any sorts, I would be really humbled if you can check out my family's vegan bags store at tokyobags.co We do have great looking vegan briefcases too.

My name is Jun and I am an architect. I work for a sustainable architecture firms which design for sustainable architecture between Asia and California.

Back at home, I run our family store tokyobags.co with my wife. We designed and make bags for both men and women, ranging from briefcases to messengers and backpacks.

We have been vegans for more than 10 years. We decided to start a vegan store because we wish to help people around us to understand the lifestyle, health and psychological benefits of living the vegan way. To us, it is important to live in harmony and respect with our environment and planet.

Please feel free to contact me if you need any help in getting our vegan bags, we ship worldwide and we will be glad to help you out in anyway we could.

Thanks!
Jun
Wow, your site is beautiful! The bags are absolutely gorgeous! Bookmarked to be in before the next new vegan here asks about good vegan bags!
no whey jose and tokyobags like this.
#8 Old 01-02-2016, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyobags View Post
Hello,

Thanks!
Jun
Your bags are gorgeous! I wish we could afford them. Maybe one day!
LedBoots and tokyobags like this.
#9 Old 01-02-2016, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

@tokyobags --I came here to link your site!
Very nice bags!
We only dislike when folks only join to sell things, but you've become a very valued contributor!
Actually it's okay to have one-time posts if the site fits our specs as being veg'n and ethical.
#10 Old 01-06-2016, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no whey jose View Post
Your bags are gorgeous! I wish we could afford them. Maybe one day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post
Wow, your site is beautiful! The bags are absolutely gorgeous! Bookmarked to be in before the next new vegan here asks about good vegan bags!
Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
@tokyobags --I came here to link your site!
Very nice bags!
We only dislike when folks only join to sell things, but you've become a very valued contributor!
Actually it's okay to have one-time posts if the site fits our specs as being veg'n and ethical.
Thanks nowheyjose, LedBoosts, and silva! I appreciate you guys for checking out our little family store. Sorry for checking back late, I was on a long hour flight with my family on a little new year vacation. We strive to be together during the new year, for us it is an auspicious way to start the year

For our family store, we decided to create these bags due to our passions and involvement in various areas. Back then in college, I majored in Architecture design while my wife was in fashion and bags crafts design. After our studies, we have been involved my jobs which actively promotes environmental friendly awareness. I was designing sustainable buildings for an architecture company for a few years, and we are currently looking to make environmental friendly architecture more wide spread and available to the general public. It is our common goal want to do our part in sharing the way of living in harmony and respect with our environment.

Sorry for digressing, anyway, with us being a vegan for many years, we decided to put together all our passion of design, bag craft and our vegan lifestyle in hoping to help people around us to understand the lifestyle, health and psychological benefits of being vegan. This was our goal of creating our family vegan bag store.

We believe when people are willing to try vegan products, they will gradually realised that there was in fact no need to animal-based products in the first place. Other organic, natural and semi-synthetic products are able to serve their needs just as well, while being friendly to both animals and environment.

Creating and sourcing the right materials that are animal-free and environmentally friendly takes much more work and time for us to create a bag. But we believe that it is the right thing to do, than to go the easy way out.

Thanks again for the positive support and kind words. If anyone is looking to get a bag from us, we will really be thankful. We have a coupon which we gives to returning customer, which we attached a note and thank them for taking a step in using vegan products. You may also use it when checking out. The coupon is GOVEGAN, it will be a 10 percent storewide discount.

Feel free to contact me for anything vegan, architecture or bags craft related. I would love to discuss my passions. I believe that sharing allows both myself and people around to learn and discover new insights.

Thank you!

Jun

Proudly Asian Vegan for 10 Years

Visit Our Family Store:
for 100% Vegan Bags.

We handcraft bags ranging from backpacks to briefcases for all men and women.
We ship worldwide too.

Tags
briefcase

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page