Vegan Mary-Jane Shoes - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-13-2004, 07:46 AM
Veggie Regular

I am looking for some nice, comfortable mary-jane shoes that I could wear with pants and with skirts/dresses. I've been looking around where I live (in Halifax, Nova Scotia), and I can't find any that are made of a good quality synthetic leather. With the exception of Payless (which seems to be full of sandals right now), all of the stores around here carry really cheap, hard uncomfortable synthetic leather shoes. I don't really like the idea of buying shoes online (especially when it likely means buying from the states and paying duty), but if I could get a good deal on a pair that someone could personally recommend then it might not be so bad.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-13-2004, 07:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Wooo...I just found these:

http://www.sears.ca/cgi-bin/so_itm.c...day=0&hr=0&fv=

I really wish that they were in black and came in half sizes (another one of my problems with a lot of shoes), but for the price, I just might have to buy them anyway...
#3 Old 07-13-2004, 11:34 AM
Veggie Regular

I love mary jane shoes I might go check out sears sometime.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-13-2004, 12:35 PM
Veggie Regular

i just got some in the mail today from veganessentials... they're pink and floral and really pretty
#5 Old 07-13-2004, 04:23 PM

The Kenneth Cole Unlisted brand has several different vegan mary jane and t-strap style shoes (I have a couple of pairs of each in brown and black!). They're fairly reasonably priced: 40 USD or so. You can buy them online at Nordstrom, and probably other places as well.

Here's one example, and another
#6 Old 07-14-2004, 07:53 AM

Try Ebay
#7 Old 07-14-2004, 07:56 AM
Veggie Regular

I buy my mary janes from http://www.natashascafe.com/html/shoes.html they come in cotton, silk or velvet and many different colors. They are very light weight, versitle and affordable. The only problem I have had with these shoes is the buckle slips and loosens the shoe while wearing, but I just saftey pin it where I want them to stay. I highly recommend these shoes.
#8 Old 07-14-2004, 11:16 AM

Yah!!! I've bookmarked more shoe shopping sites! Thanks, guys.
#9 Old 07-14-2004, 04:01 PM
Veggie Regular

The cotton mary janes look soooo comfy! Unfortunately, the shipping would cost me more than the shoes.
#10 Old 07-14-2004, 04:17 PM
Veggie Regular

#11 Old 07-14-2004, 04:55 PM

Hi.

I bought MJ's at The Shoe Company in Toronto for $30 about 6 months ago. They're by L.A. Underground. Try there, if they are in Halifax. (see pic below - sorry, didn't shoot it so well)

You may also want to check out Gothish/Vintage/Underground type stores that sell DEMONIA products. (see other pic)

I also have a bunch of links for shoe stores up on my website (www.soulfulbeadia.ca/veglinks.html). I've purchased over the net without much fuss or muss. (Rawganique, The Birkenstock Shop & JestelKG). Duty charges will be about $20 on top of your order for something that costs about $60.
LL
LL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page