Soy Delicious - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-06-2004, 08:59 AM
Beginner

Has anyone tried the fruit sweetened Soy Delicious products? I've stared at them in the hfs lately but been too wimpy to try them without knowing if they're worth the $$.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-06-2004, 10:37 AM

Yes, they are very yummy and worth it.
#3 Old 06-06-2004, 10:46 AM
Veggie Regular

I haven't had the fruit sweetened in a while, but I remember thinking it was just "ok" when I did try it. If you're looking for something a little lighter you might want to try Whole Soy's Frozen Cultured Soy. From your body's perspective sugar is sugar is sugar and it treats fruit sugar the same as cane sugar, so the fruit sweetened vareties aren't really any healthier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-06-2004, 05:10 PM
Veggie Regular

I have always found soy delicious to be sweet in an odd way that doesn't work for a soy cream. I really like Soy Cream brand. One of my omni friends said it tastes exactly like ice cream. The flavors are better, and it costs the same as soy delicious.
#5 Old 06-06-2004, 05:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Oooh. I was wondering about Soy Delicious, do most of ya'll vegans on VB buy it? I do, but it says on the back that it's processed with machines that also process dairy products or something like that. So, I was wondering what you all think about that?

It bugs me a little bit... but I still buy it anyways.
#6 Old 06-07-2004, 09:57 PM
Veggie Regular

It's all about Soy Decadence. It's kind of like the Ben and Jerry's of Soy...mmm....need to get some tomorrow
#7 Old 06-08-2004, 03:24 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineDreamer View Post

Oooh. I was wondering about Soy Delicious, do most of ya'll vegans on VB buy it? I do, but it says on the back that it's processed with machines that also process dairy products or something like that. So, I was wondering what you all think about that?

It bugs me a little bit... but I still buy it anyways.

I have zero problem with the use of shared equipment in the making of vegan products. The machinery is always throughly cleaned in between uses, so there is no dairy in the finished product. The shared equipment information is there as a warning for anyone who might have a severe dairy allergy that would make them sensitive to dairy proteins on a parts per million level.
#8 Old 06-08-2004, 03:31 AM

every time i go to our HFS, they're sold out What do these people do? Get up at 6 am lined up at the door?
#9 Old 06-08-2004, 10:50 AM
Banned

I don't eat it regularly because it contains way too many calories for the amount of food. As a special treat a few times a year is sufficient, I think.
#10 Old 06-08-2004, 11:04 AM
Veggie Regular

I don't think I've tried the fruit sweetened ones. I buy the Soy Delicious Simply Decadent ones quite often. They're very good.
#11 Old 06-08-2004, 11:16 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm a tofutti person, myself... Soy Delicious is too sweet for my taste and the texture is more like a sorbet than an ice-cream.
#12 Old 06-08-2004, 12:46 PM

The fruit sweetened rasberry is terrific. (But then, I loooooooooove rasberry.)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page