Veat fillets - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-10-2003, 11:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Anyone try these? I was all excited to see something new at the store so I picked it up and made it for dinner. They were suposed to be like a salmon fillet, but tasted nothing like salmon or fish for that matter, and the texture was also nothing like fish....but I liked it!!! Preparred it as suggested on the box and had it with some rice and a jarred masala sauce. It was a tasty meal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-11-2003, 12:50 AM

I LOVE Veat! (I've always had the 'chicken' kind) The only store around here that carried it, stopped carrying it. >_< My friend and I both love it. I'm going to ask my regular store to carry it. (I was going to another store just to get it)
#3 Old 04-11-2003, 08:16 AM

I got those once and we liked them, even though they weren't anything like real fish. They have egg white, though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-11-2003, 09:52 AM
Veggie Regular

I checked the ingredients and they don't have any egg white in them...but they do have whey protein.
#5 Old 04-11-2003, 10:08 AM

I knew it was something objectionable!
#6 Old 04-15-2003, 01:04 PM
Veggie Regular

I've never tried the veat filets, but I'm a big fan of the veat nuggets (chik'n style). I tried the veat breast once--it's supposed to be like chicken breast, but it was awful. The nuggets are great, though--made enchiladas with them and my bf and my mom both thought they were great.
#7 Old 04-15-2003, 11:33 PM
Veggie Regular

I'll have to check for those and try them out.
#8 Old 04-16-2003, 01:07 AM

I tried the Veat un-salmon last week, just out of curiosity. It actually turned out pretty well, though I thought it was a little too sweet.

I liked it even better as leftovers--I diced it fine, added minced onion and breadcrumbs, and made un-salmon patties out of it. Even my omni husband was impressed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page