VeggieBoards banner

Vegan shoe experts...

2K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  GhostUser 
#1 ·
help! ^_^

Okay, I recently purchased this blouse and this skirt.

The blouse and skirt I purchased are black and olive green respectively, NOT the colors shown.

I need some casual, but not too casual vegan sandals to go with it. I have a pair of non-leather Birkies, but I think they are too dingy.

I have been poring all over shoe sites on the net, vegan and not, trying to find something suitable. Here's what I've found so far:

These are possible, although I'd have to verify the materials.

These are a style I really like, but they appear to have suede lining, which is a

Finally,these appear to be all man-made and may be okay, but I'm not sure if they will go with the outfit.

So here are my questions:

A) What are your opinions on the stuff I've posted above?

B) In your browsing of various vegan shoe sites, have you seen anything better? If so, would you please post a link?

C) Am I stressing over this too much?

Thanks in advance! ^____________^

See less See more
#10 ·
This outfit will be for a lot of places, but the debut is on my date not this weekend, but next weekend.

If I wear the outfit to work, I don't mind wearing the dingy Birkies since I don't have anyone at the office to impress.

Although guys don't tend to notice shoes too much, I doubt my shoe style will make or break my date. I'll feel better if I think I'm pulled together and looking cute, though!

So far, I like SallyK's suggestions the best, but the ones that Monkeyandbunny posted are very cute too, and very cheap, so I may have to swing by Target on the way to work today. ^^

#13 ·
I stopped at Target today to look at a pair of shoes, and I didn't like them as much in the store as I did on the website.

On the upside, I did find a pair of shoes, although I can't seem to find a picture to post for you. They are very similar to the first pair that SallyK recommended, in black, with a sort of stretchy material that I think will be very comfortable.

I got them at Target, and I think the brand is Cherokee? The upper is fabric, and the rest is rubber and some kind of synthetic. They are cute, and I think they will be comfortable, also.

I did find a picture of a similar pair on payless, if you want to get an idea.

Somewhat like these, but in black, and the soles don't have those ridges, they are smoother.

Now I just have to figure out how to avoid stinky feet. You know how having your bare feet rubbing up against that synthetic stuff can sometimes create problems? I'm worried about that. Any ideas?

Aside from that, my next project is to find a pair of sturdy, comfortable boots that are at least ankle high, with flat heels, so that I will have appropriate footwear for the motorcycle riding class I plan to attend in a few months.

ETA: Oh, in case you're curious, this is the pair I went in to look at, but when I saw how high the platforms were, I opted against them.

Not that I don't like platform shoes, but I don't think I need that kind of height with a mid-calf skirt. I tend to like platform shoes with shorter skirts, I think.

#15 ·
Oooh, fishnets!

I think I'm going to get a garter belt and some stockings to wear with another outfit I'm putting together for a special occasion. Although I doubt anyone will be looking up my skirt, they make me feel sexy, and that's always a good thing for confidence and such. ^^;;

And I have deemed discussion of stockings to be on-topic because they go with shoes and this is a thread about shoes. *firm nod*

#16 ·
So the point of that previous post was that those sock things would help you avoid stinky feet.

And I can hardly wait to wear my fishnets! They had lots of cool ones to choose from at Target. I hope I have an opportunity too soon!

Ceryna, feel free to post a picture of you in your new fabulous outfit!!

#18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyK View Post

So the point of that previous post was that those sock things would help you avoid stinky feet.
Oh, I know! ^_^

But then I went off on my garter belt and stockings tangent. *g*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.