Soy Delicious... - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-01-2004, 12:45 AM
Veggie Regular

I am in love with this ice cream. My current obsession is Turtle Tracks which has carmel, chocolate and vanilla. My god its incredible.

What are your favorites out of their purely decadent line?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-01-2004, 12:52 AM
Beginner

I can't remember it's name but it is chocolate with almonds in it. Pure blissful sin.
#3 Old 03-01-2004, 01:04 AM
Veggie Regular

mmm yes, I love their "Purely Decadent" line of ice cream! I never did care for their regular ice creams, but the Purely Decadent ones are amazing. Vanilla still needs some work though.

Chocolate Brownie Almond, Peanut Butter ZigZag, Mocha Almond Fudge are all wonderful. But my favorite is Cookie Avalanche. Though, as I said their vanilla flavoring isn't quite right, but the cookies make up for it.

Turtle Tracks is my least favorite. It's mainly vanilla with not enough caramel mixed in, so it doesn't quite taste right. With more caramel it'd be better. But the other problem is that those chocolate covered pecans when frozen will nearly break your teeth.

Oh and visiting their website I see they're jumping onto the Low Carb bandwagon with a new "Carb Escapes" line of ice cream coming out this summer. So that's good news for all of you vegetarians on the Atkins diet. !

BTW, for non-dairy vanilla ice cream, nothing beats Mocha Mix brand. Though off hand I don't know who makes it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-01-2004, 03:14 AM
Veggie Regular

PB Zig-Zag. I've honestly tired of the same flavors and lust after Double Rainbow's Soy Cream line, particularly Mint Chocolate Chip, always my favorite flavor back in my dairy days.
#5 Old 03-01-2004, 04:40 PM
Veggie Regular

COOKIE AVALANCHE! soooooo good.
#6 Old 03-01-2004, 05:06 PM
Banned

I don't get the Cookie Avalanche thing. What's so good about it? It tastes like the crappy icemilk my parents buy. I'm pissed at Soy Delic' though - they discontinued the best flavor ever: Chocolate & Peanut Butter!
#7 Old 03-01-2004, 06:15 PM
Veggie Regular

"COOKIE AVALANCHE! soooooo good."

I agree!
#8 Old 03-01-2004, 06:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Mocha almond fudge gets my vote, with chocolate brownie almond coming in second. Also, the Rocky Road is pretty decent. And not to mention raspberry a la mode... actually, I don't think there's a flavor I dislike.
#9 Old 03-01-2004, 06:48 PM

Guess I'm boring, I like the Almond Pecan.
#10 Old 03-01-2004, 10:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Cookie Avalanche Chunky Mint Madness Turtle Tracks

Sorry, I've made a mess with all of this drooling!
#11 Old 03-01-2004, 11:08 PM
Veggie Regular

My store only has the PB one and vanilla...next time I go I think I'm gonna grab some of the PB
#12 Old 03-02-2004, 03:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Maxpower, My store carries chocolate PB! It's gotta be the one you're thinking of. I bet you'll find it...somewhere.
#13 Old 03-02-2004, 06:11 PM
Veggie Regular

I am ashamed to say that the pints of Cookie Avalanche and the Chunky Mint Madness I bought last weekend were gone within 48 hours.All the fiber made for quite a stomach ache too. But it was worth it.
#14 Old 03-02-2004, 09:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkpumpkin View Post

Maxpower, My store carries chocolate PB! It's gotta be the one you're thinking of. I bet you'll find it...somewhere.

According to TJ's and Whole Foods, it's discontinued. This is real recent, so maybe there's still some around. Maybe it's not discontinued. Either way, no worries. I can't afford it anyways.
#15 Old 03-03-2004, 12:07 AM
Banned

i'm the biggest cookie avalanche fanatico out there! also great are peanut butter zigzag, chocolate obsession, and cherry nirvana.
#16 Old 03-03-2004, 06:46 AM
Veggie Regular

Argh, I've never even SEEN the flavors you guys are talking about...I want them! I never used to buy the tubs though, I would only buy tofutti bars (cuties, too-toos, etc.). That was because I didn't have space in my freezer, but now that I moved, I have room. I need to look when I'm at Whole Foods next time. I always liked Tofutti ice cream *way* better than Soy Delicious, but I've only had Chocolate SD, so maybe that's why.

Check out my webcomic! www.GrammarComic.com
#17 Old 03-03-2004, 06:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh yeah, the regular, old, Soy Delicious is not very good. It's the new small Simply Decadent ones that are so good.
#18 Old 03-03-2004, 06:54 AM

They should make a pistachio flavor. Soy Delicious is better than any ice cream I have ever had in my life. Since going vegan, I have only tried theirs and Tofuuti's. I have to say both blow away any dairy ice cream ever created.
#19 Old 03-04-2004, 12:40 AM
Veggie Regular

I've decided this thread has been made purely to made those in soydelicous-free-countries jealous. *pouts* lol.
#20 Old 03-04-2004, 12:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epinephrine View Post

peanut butter zigzag

I GOTTA find summa dat!!!
#21 Old 03-04-2004, 09:34 PM
Veggie Regular

I found the Cherry Nirvana this past fall...has definitely thrown a bump in the weight loss road.

About a month ago, the Chunky Mint Madness appeared in my local HFS (hadn't seen it before). Oh....my...gosh....mmmm

They're enough to make you say "Ben and Jerry who?"

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#22 Old 03-04-2004, 09:35 PM
Veggie Regular

click here:

http://www.soydelicious.com/products...ydecadent.html

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#23 Old 03-04-2004, 09:43 PM
Veggie Regular

I got some "awesome chocolate" after quite the hiatus from "ice creams." as usual, AWESOME. (fruit sweetened) pick it up! this classic will rock you!
#24 Old 03-04-2004, 11:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Got some of that Double Rainbow Mint Chocolate Chip Soy Cream on my way home tonight. That'll satisfy the craving this thread has caused me! Love the HUGE chocolate chunks. That's where Double Rainbow beats Soy Delicious hands-down.
#25 Old 03-05-2004, 02:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Okay new favorite obsession is Raspberry ala mode...raspberry and chocolate. Yummy. They also had advertised for a Rocky Road that I'd never seen before, has anyone tried that yet?
#26 Old 03-05-2004, 06:25 PM
Veggie Regular

I tried the regular vanilla Soy Delicious a couple years ago, but it tasted off. Haven't tried any other flavors. Maybe I'll get one of the new Purely Decadent flavors in August for my nephew's birthday party. He's not veg*n, but is allergic to dairy. A quart size container is $2.99, so that's not too bad for a special treat. As for the Double Rainbow brand, I've only seen the dairy ice creams available. Where are you buying the soy versions, epski?
#27 Old 03-05-2004, 07:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Whole Foods Markets carries them. Wild Oats used to, but I haven't seen them there for months now. My perfect HFS would be a combo of the best of both those stores...
#28 Old 03-05-2004, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalafelsRule View Post

They should make a pistachio flavor. Soy Delicious is better than any ice cream I have ever had in my life. Since going vegan, I have only tried theirs and Tofuuti's. I have to say both blow away any dairy ice cream ever created.

I concur with this whole post. hehe
#29 Old 03-06-2004, 12:37 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm eating the Purely Decadent Rocky Road right now, and it's seriously making me miss real dairy. And this is the best soy ice cream I've had yet.
#30 Old 03-06-2004, 01:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by epski View Post

Whole Foods Markets carries them. Wild Oats used to, but I haven't seen them there for months now. My perfect HFS would be a combo of the best of both those stores...

Thanks. At least you have a Wild Oats in your area. All the WO in my area went out of business 2-3 years ago. But, we have several Whole Foods and Trader Joe's in the area, so I guess it all evens out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page