awesome vegan protein bar - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-08-2010, 01:59 PM
???

It's really hard to find non-gross vegan protein bars (any other recommendations?) so I was so surprised to taste this. Anyhow, it's the Nugo Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip bar it looks like this:

The 'double chocolate' and 'mocha chocolate' by the same company are good for protein bars but they aren't as near as good as the chocolate chip ones.

I get mine at whole foods, but you can probably also get them online.

here are the nutrition facts, but as it says 190 calories on my packaging and 200 online, I guess it may have changed since the site was made or something: http://store.nugonutrition.com/products/52102.html

I hope this helps anyone looking for a protein bar- personally, there aren't many higher protein options that I can conveniently bring to school for lunch besides peanut butter and protein bars, so I'm always looking out for new vegan ones
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Veggie Regular

I really like these. They are like protein-infused candy bars! My daughter likes them too. The chocolate mint are the best IMO.

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#3 Old 12-08-2010, 04:35 PM
???

I haven't actually tried the chocolate mint yet because I hadn't seen them, but I saw them online when I was looking for the nutrition facts for mine. I can't wait to try them! Apparently I have become very enthusiastic about protein bars all of the sudden, as I felt the need to share the existence of these lovelies online and now I'm using exclamation points while talking about them...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Veggie Regular

I can't remember if I've tried those or not, I'll be sure to get them and see what they're like. Protein bars do have a tendency to taste like junk, so if these are better than others that would be great.
#5 Old 03-14-2011, 10:33 AM
Banned

I make no bake protein bars using Protein Powder from Arbonne, organic peanut butter & organic honey. They are a big hit in this house!
#6 Old 03-15-2011, 04:10 AM
Veggie Regular

I love the pomegrante flavor and luna bars. These are delicious.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page