Hamilton Beach Single Serve Blender - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-04-2010, 05:40 PM
Veggie Regular

I just ordered one of these and wondered what your experiences have been...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hamilton-B...el-Lid/5924588

It has gotten great reviews, it's very cheap, and since I'm a single guy I thought it would be great for making smoothies.

Anyone have one?

What are your thoughts?

Dig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-04-2010, 07:13 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't have that brand but I have the "knock off" version of it. It's super convenient and I use it on a regular basis. My only issue is that the blades aren't sharp enough to break down a lot of ice or big frozen fruit chunks. When I make iced coffees/iced chais there are still ice cubes that I can't get to blend. I also have to defrost frozen strawberries and bananas a bit before adding them to the blender or else they don't break down either. My friend just recently gave me her old Magic Bullet and I have the same problem with that also. It's not a big deal though just a bit annoying at times. I paid around $15 for the brand I have and it's worth it since I use it a lot.
#3 Old 07-09-2010, 10:58 AM
Veggie Regular

Hey again,

On the off chance that others read this thread I wanted to post back that I've had this little blender for a few days now and it works great. I have not fed it ice chunks and to be honest I probably won't try that, but it handles frozen berries and chunks of fruit very well. My first smoothie was just a cup of unsweetened soy milk, frozen blackberries, and a packet of truvia sweetener. Holy cow it tasted just like blackberry ice cream! I'm totally addicted to 'blending stuff' now.

Obviously I can't speak to its durability yet but for 15.88 it seems to be a great single-serve blender. If it lasts me 6 months to a year and I have to buy a new one I'd say I got my money's worth out of it.

Dig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-09-2010, 12:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Hope you continue to enjoy it!
#5 Old 07-12-2010, 01:53 PM
Veggie Regular

I have a Magic Bullet and love it, though this single-serve blender looks really cute too... and can't go wrong for that price if it holds up!!

Blog: www.imarriedanomnivore.com
Twitter: @vegwife

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page