Silk Pure Almond Milk - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-16-2010, 07:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Has anyone tried this yet? It's a new almond milk made by Silk. I haven't seen it yet but I'm curious how it compares to Almond Breeze.

www.silkpurealmond.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-16-2010, 10:28 PM

I tried it and loved it. I was sad that my normal grocery store didn't carry it when I looked for it today. I haven't had almond breeze, so I can't make a direct comparison, but I thought it was pretty great, especially in coffee.
#3 Old 01-17-2010, 02:39 AM
Veggie Regular

I was actually on the consumer review panel for the product during its testing phase....so I may be a little biased....but I think it's good. You should try it...can't hurt to try things out at least once, right?

The Vegan ABC's: East Meets West, VEGAN STYLE! A blog detailing the edibles in the life of an ABC (American-born Chinese) vegan.
http://theveganabc.blogspot.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-17-2010, 06:12 AM
Veggie Regular

What about Almond Breeze (which is new to me)... what do you people think of that?
#5 Old 01-17-2010, 08:37 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Begonia View Post

What about Almond Breeze (which is new to me)... what do you people think of that?

Almond Breeze is delicious. I love the unsweetened chocolate. It's great for cereal, tea, coffee, hot chocolate and just drinking by the glass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nontoxicglue View Post

I was actually on the consumer review panel for the product during its testing phase....so I may be a little biased....but I think it's good. You should try it...can't hurt to try things out at least once, right?

Wow that's really cool that you were on the consumer review panel for it! I will definetly pick it up once I find it. According to the site one of my local grocery stores carries it but I was in there last week and they didn't have it yet. I will be checking back though. I like Silk and almond milk so I'll probably like this too.
#6 Old 01-17-2010, 08:43 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nontoxicglue View Post

The obvious question has to be asked - how did you get yourself onto this panel, and where can I sign up (and/or con my way in) in the future?
#7 Old 01-17-2010, 09:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Im posting this link, only because it came up in another topic.

http://blog.taragana.com/pr/dean-foo...of-alpro-3839/
#8 Old 01-18-2010, 10:40 AM

Unsweetened Almond Breeze is my milk of choice. I have to scope this one out too... I second Semicharmed's question. I loves me some veggie samples.
#9 Old 01-19-2010, 11:59 AM

I've seen this at my local grocery store and I was 2 seconds away from buying it but I remembered how the shelf stable version of almond breeze tasted and I picked up soy milk instead. But next time I go shopping I will try this out.
#10 Old 01-19-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherbie View Post

I've seen this at my local grocery store and I was 2 seconds away from buying it but I remembered how the shelf stable version of almond breeze tasted and I picked up soy milk instead. But next time I go shopping I will try this out.

Almond Breeze has a version in the refrigerated section of some stores as well now.
#11 Old 01-19-2010, 05:48 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerFoxx View Post

Almond Breeze has a version in the refrigerated section of some stores as well now.

The refrigerated version tastes a hundred times better to me than the shelf stable version. I haven't seen the silk one yet.

‎"One meal, soon forgotten, in exchange for a whole life." Author Unknown
"Fur is worn by beautiful animals and ugly people"

#12 Old 01-23-2010, 07:22 PM

Ok I tried the vanilla today and I hated it. Way too sweet.
#13 Old 01-24-2010, 11:29 AM

I got Almond Breeze this week, and now after having both I can say that I prefer the Almond Breeze to the Silk, but there isn't a HUGE difference in my humble opinion. If you like one, you'll probably like the other.
#14 Old 02-03-2010, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator

I had both, and like Almond Breeze better. Silk almond was good, but I thought sweeter, and more of an almond flavor.

Good thing I like Breeze better, BJ's wholesale club just started carrying it.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#15 Old 02-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Veggie Regular

I bought Almond Breeze and nearly had to spit it out. It was disgusting. It wasn't the almond taste, because I love almonds. At first, I was like 'hey this tastes good', then 5 seconds later it has this TERRIBLE taste. I want to try Silk's though, it may be better!
#16 Old 02-11-2010, 12:04 PM
Veggie Regular

I think Silk's Almond Milk is thicker and tastes more like home-made almond milk, with sugar added, whereas Almond Breeze seems a bit watered down to me. The Silk version, here, is 70 cents cheaper per carton and that's enough for me.
#17 Old 02-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Beginner

Silk Almond milk is delicious!! never tried almond breeze
#18 Old 02-21-2010, 11:01 PM

Bought the Silk almond milk today because it was on sale with an introductory price so I chose it over regular soy milk . Won't happen again. It tastes disgusting. I kinda dig the thicker mouthfeel but it has a real disgusting taste to it. I'm not the biggest fan of almonds but I like them, and this tastes almondy but that wasn't the problem. Just did not dig the taste at all. Now I've gotta figure out what to do with the rest of the carton minus the glass I forced down with my banana bread.
#19 Old 02-24-2010, 04:18 PM
Veggie Regular

I finally got to try it and I got it for only $1.05 because I had coupons. Gotta say while I love Almond Breeze, I find Silk so much better. It's so much thicker and almondy. Unfortunately it's too expensive to buy on a regular basis (unless I have more coupons) so I'll be buying the Almond Breeze instead plus there's no chocolate almond Silk.
#20 Old 02-25-2010, 11:41 AM

Its absolutely delicious and it was cheaper than the almond breeze when I went shopping (which I normally buy) so I bought that instead because I had a dollar off cupon!
#21 Old 02-25-2010, 11:44 AM
Veggie Regular

I've avoided buying Silk products ever since Dean's bought them out.
#22 Old 02-26-2010, 08:35 PM

I like the Silk one better....I like the Silk version of everything better....I Love Sweet...The Sweeter The Better and Vanilla Soymilk is my fave.....I cant stand the original one.
#23 Old 02-26-2010, 10:41 PM

Oh my god, gag, gag, gag! We bought Silk "Pure Almond" today, and it was REVOLTING. We make almond milk every 3 days or so (ok, I make the almond milk, everyone else just drinks it), and we enjoy it immensely, so I wondered... Silk makes some pretty good milk alternatives--I mean their soy milk does not taste like soy milk--it's just a good alternative and it's great with cereal. I haven't had fresh Almond Breeze before, but I can't imagine it's worse than Silk Pure Almond. It tastes like artificial roasted almond flavor, and has a thick oil like consistency which is NOT normal for almond milk--they clearly added an excessive amount of carrageenan or some other thickening agent. I'm sorry, but it is revolting. I'm actually filling out a form to get a refund right now I really wanted to like it too.
#24 Old 02-27-2010, 06:04 PM

There is a Coupon in My Local Sundays Paper ( I get My papers early on Saturday) for a Dollar Off Blue Diamond Aseptic or Chilled Almond Breeze and a Money Back Guarantee that If You dont like it better than Silk...They Will Refund Your Money.
#25 Old 03-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenni-anti-fur View Post

There is a Coupon in My Local Sundays Paper ( I get My papers early on Saturday) for a Dollar Off Blue Diamond Aseptic or Chilled Almond Breeze and a Money Back Guarantee that If You dont like it better than Silk...They Will Refund Your Money.

That's pretty cool. We didn't have that coupon in our papers but I like Silk's better than Almond Breeze now anyways.
#26 Old 03-02-2010, 01:10 AM

Actually there is a difference, when it comes to ingrediants. Silk PureAlmond has NO SOY of any kind. It is SOY FREE, which is great for those who cannot eat SOY PRODUCTS of any kind. So, I am thankful for that. Also, I appreciate the Low Carb Count too. It is only 8 carb for 8oz/1cup glass of milk, with the one fiber it brings the carbs down to 7 carbs for 8oz/1cup of milk. I know it is better to make you own almond milk from raw almond, but this will be a nice short cut for baking and save some time. Thank you Silk for thinking about those who cannot have SOY. I use to use another brand, until it slipped in Soy Letchin into the ingrediants list. So, I hope Silk will NEVER that!
#27 Old 03-02-2010, 01:14 AM

[QUOTE=louclem52]Actually there is a difference, when it comes to ingrediants. Silk PureAlmond has NO SOY of any kind. It is SOY FREE, which is great for those who cannot eat SOY PRODUCTS of any kind. So, I am thankful for that. Also, I appreciate the Low Carb Count too. It is only 8 carb for 8oz/1cup glass of milk, with the one fiber it brings the carbs down to 7 carbs for 8oz/1cup of milk. I know it is better to make you own almond milk from raw almond, but this will be a nice short cut for baking and save some time. Thank you Silk for thinking about those who cannot have SOY. I use to use another brand, until it slipped in Soy Letchin into the ingrediants list. So, I hope Silk will NEVER that!

["Worry does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, it empties today of its strength"]
#28 Old 03-02-2010, 01:15 AM

[Worry does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, it empties today of its strength"]
#29 Old 03-02-2010, 01:16 AM

Worry does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, it empties today of its strength"]
#30 Old 03-21-2010, 08:19 PM

I like the Silk Almond Vanilla. I like Almond Breeze better but usually buy the Silk version out of accessibility. All the grocery stores around here carry it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page