Singing the praises for Primal Strips!! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-16-2003, 02:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Long time ago in a galaxy far far away, I loved beef jerky. Now, I can have Primal Strips! They are so yummy! I just had to share my excitement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-16-2003, 02:04 PM
Veggie Regular

hmmmm never heard of them.
#3 Old 12-16-2003, 02:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-16-2003, 02:57 PM
Veggie Regular

I used to love beef jerky. Where do you get them?
#5 Old 12-16-2003, 03:36 PM
Veggie Regular

I got one at a heath food store...and it looked/smelled/tasted like dog food. I know theres a few flavors...which did you try?
#6 Old 12-16-2003, 04:11 PM
Veggie Regular

I buy them at the concession stand at where I work out, however you can find them at www.veganessentials.com. I have never ordered from the site, so I can't give you a review.

Eva, I tried the Hickory Smoked Soya, Terriyaki Flavored Seitan was good. I also tried something like Thai Peanut which did smell like dog chow. It didn't taste like it smelled.
#7 Old 12-16-2003, 04:18 PM

I've never had beef jerky, but I thought I'd give these a try. They're pretty good!
#8 Old 12-16-2003, 05:15 PM
Veggie Regular

I've had 3 flavors of this stuff - the teriyaki, hot & spicy, and the hickory smoked. The only flavor i personally cared for at all was the terriyaki, which was pretty darn good.

and for the record - the people behind Vegan Essentials are really cool & nice, so don't hesitate to order from them
#9 Old 12-17-2003, 03:26 PM
Veggie Regular

I haven't had Primal Strips, but Tofurkey Jerky is really good. The packages have about 8 to 10 round pieces in each and comein ginger, pepper, and original flavor. They are very good, even my omni brother in law likes them.
#10 Old 12-17-2003, 09:09 PM
Veggie Regular

I tried the hickory smoked kind and thought it was really good. I'm kind of afraid to try the seitan kind because it looks so realistic. I'll probably try the teriyaki flavor next since people like it.
#11 Old 12-18-2003, 12:35 AM
Veggie Regular

I just tried em today. Our product rep from our main distributor came in today with lots of new products for us to try, and I got to try the Primal Strips! I LOVED it!!!!!!! so much better than the Tofurkey Jerky (which was my fave before) and TONS better than the Stonewall Jerky...

yum!

Nec Aspera Terrent
#12 Old 12-18-2003, 12:52 AM
Administrator

I was never a fan of jerky but I loooove tofurky jerky.

Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
#13 Old 12-18-2003, 01:34 AM
Veggie Regular

Oooh, I used to love jerky. Might have to try that!
#14 Old 12-20-2003, 09:13 AM
Veggie Regular

I wasn't much of a jerky fan as an omni. But I discovered these last year at Healthy Express in the Mall of America. I bought one of each flavor and thought they were each pretty yummy! There was one flavor that was too realistic for me, so I gave it to my husband. He enjoyed it. We both decided that hickory was our favorite.
#15 Old 12-20-2003, 10:03 AM
Veggie Regular

I tried the hickory one about a month ago and I really liked it. I don't think I've ever had "real" jerky when I ate meat. I like the Primal Strips more than the Stonewall Jerky (never had tofurkey jerky).
#16 Old 12-25-2003, 08:21 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't think i ever ate jerky as an omni...

I tried the Seitan primal strips once and it was very good though!
#17 Old 12-25-2003, 10:04 PM
Veggie Regular

hmm...I never tried jerky as an omni and usually the fake meats make me feel sick but who knows, maybe I'll try it
#18 Old 12-29-2003, 11:01 PM
Veggie Regular

I got a few of these for Christmas...Texas BBQ, Mesquite Lime and Thai Peanut flavours. I tried the Texas BBQ one tonight, and all I can say is WOW! I just ripped off a little piece to try at first because I have been disappointed with a lot of fake "meats" that I have tried and I wasn't sure if I'd like it. After that first bite I was literally cramming it into my mouth as fast as I could! I haven't tried the other flavours yet, but the BBQ definitely gets a big thumbs up from me.

I've also tried the Stonewall jerky (not impressed) and the Tofurkey one that comes as a part of the feast (ok, but nothing to rave about).
#19 Old 01-12-2004, 11:53 PM

I LOOOVE the Teriaki flavor!! I hated beef jerky when I ate meat, but the teriaki Primal Strips I crave! Much better than that Stonewall crap...That stuff tastes like straight up dog food (or what I would imagine dog food tastes like anyway..I dont go around eating dog food ....hehehe..drunken rambling... )
#20 Old 01-13-2004, 12:57 AM
Veggie Regular

I tried the other two flavours I had...I thought the Thai peanut seitan was disgusting and Mesquite Lime was not much better. Texas BBQ soy is definitely a winner though. I also liked the texture of the soy BBQ one a lot better.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page