dead cats all over Miami FL - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-10-2009, 07:37 AM
Veggie Regular

20 cat deaths leave Fla. communities worried

MIAMI The black cat's body was found in the grass, just feet from the hedges where she slept each day.

Miss Kitty was still warm to the touch when the South Florida couple who cared for her found her in the yard next door. Her head was smashed and her back legs skinned, like pieces of chicken in a grocer's freezer. And she was not the only one to suffer such a fate.

Horrified owners have been finding their cats killed and mutilated for the past month in two south Miami-Dade County communities. Many of the cats were missing fur and appeared to have been cut with a sharp, straight instrument, police said. In all, investigators are looking into about two dozen deaths, with enough evidence to try to prosecute at least 15 of the cases.

link to full story:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_cats_m...m4nFNVfQh0fNdF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-11-2009, 11:10 PM
Veggie Regular

I hope the police step up the investigation and find this monster. He/she (I'd prefer IT) is bound to slip up at some point. Let's hope and pray it's soon.
#3 Old 06-12-2009, 10:51 AM
Veggie Regular

heart breaking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-12-2009, 05:57 PM
Beginner

future serial killer that NEEDS to be caught ASAP!!!!!
#5 Old 06-14-2009, 02:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Update:

http://www.justnews.com/news/19747620/detail.html

What a piece of ****. I hope he gets locked up for life! Psychopath.
#6 Old 06-14-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyomally View Post

I hope the police step up the investigation and find this monster. He/she (I'd prefer IT) is bound to slip up at some point. Let's hope and pray it's soon.

totally
#7 Old 06-14-2009, 04:32 PM
Veggie Regular

This guy is an idiot, however I never understood why people let their cats roam around with no supervision outside.... I'm allergic to cats but it if I had one it wouldn't be outside without me... I do see there are 4 charges of burglary... doesn't explain the other. ;(

Pinterest: AquaLoveBird
#8 Old 06-14-2009, 04:58 PM
Banned

Oh. My. God. WHO IN THE NAME OF ANYTHING would do anything as stupid and cruel as that???? Even most omnis would freak out if that happened. I hope this loser - wait, I mean complete idiot psychopath - deserves a death sentence. Same with that other psychopath who baked that poor kitten in the oven - They both should either die or be left in prison in high solitary confinement the rest of their lives.
#9 Old 06-14-2009, 05:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsalive View Post

Oh. My. God. WHO IN THE NAME OF ANYTHING would do anything as stupid and cruel as that???? Even most omnis would freak out if that happened. I hope this loser - wait, I mean complete idiot psychopath - deserves a death sentence. Same with that other psychopath who baked that poor kitten in the oven - They both should either die or be left in prison in high solitary confinement the rest of their lives.

Yes, because sick people need to be killed, not cured.

Oh, wait-

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#10 Old 06-14-2009, 05:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post

Yes, because sick people need to be killed, not cured.

Oh, wait-

well... I'm pretty pro-life, a reason I'm a vegan, but... These people... They are breaking the limit for me. Curing their 'sickness' would be useless. the world needs to be less filthy... and these people's absence would take away some of that filth.
#11 Old 06-14-2009, 05:39 PM
Veggie Regular

I hope the DA can stick those burglary charges and not agree to a plea bargain. This budding little Dexter Morgan needs to be locked away from society for a very long time.

Support your right to arm bears. ~Cleveland Amory
#12 Old 06-14-2009, 09:21 PM
Veggie Regular

IMO, if you're dismembering carts, something is seriously, seriously wrong with you and you are a danger to society.

He needs help. And until he is cured, he needs to be locked away from the rest of us.
#13 Old 06-15-2009, 01:48 AM
Veggie Regular

Honestly, I do think that letting people get away with these sorts of things is very dangerous. This is, in fact, something I argued on another site with someone else:

(NOTE: this was regarding the creature/Cheyenne Cherry who threw a kitten in an oven as a "joke" but could apply to this as well):

Just imagine having something like her living in your building. Think about your cats, or your friend's/neighbor's cats. I lost three of my greatest friends all last year, and their deaths changed my life forever. I have more companions now, one that I view almost as a son. And the thought of one of them being thrown into an oven and tortured to death...it makes me physically ill. This story, right here, happened in a different state, but if it had happened to me, I don't know what I would have done. I probably would have killed her.

Now, imagine her being set free again. Imagine the kinds of things she will do in the future because people were too naive, too soft to put a stop to her evil. Think about the innocent animals/people that she is going to torture. The blood of those innocent animals/people will be on the hands of those who did not act out, who did not take a stand despite having the power and the opportunity to do so.

As for curing the guy who killed the cats in this article, or the girl who baked the kitten...honestly, at this point, there is no cure. If it's come this far, there's no hope for people like this. They aren't even people anymore. They're just monsters. Either lock them away or kill them. Just don't give them the chance to hurt more innocents.

Volke: You there, in the bushes. You have until the count of five to show yourself before I start throwing sharp objects. One... two... four...
#14 Old 06-15-2009, 01:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Also, since a lot of people are intent on attacking people whose cats aren't inside 24/7...

I don't approve of having outdoor/indoor cats, but accidents DO happen people.

My cats have found ways to get outside before.

I try to keep them as safe as I can, but this is one area that I don't have a lot of control over, and I worry about a lot, espcially since I'll be gone for a few weeks in the summer and don't want anything to happen.

My mom likes to leave her windows open, but the kittens have a history of busting screen doors. When we leave the house, sometimes for several hours a day...she leaves the window like that, and I worry a lot about the kittens getting out while we're gone.

The world is extremely cat-unfriendly, and this is something that scares me, a lot. No race better understands hatred and torture than the human race, and I worry about my brothers being harmed a lot.

Volke: You there, in the bushes. You have until the count of five to show yourself before I start throwing sharp objects. One... two... four...
#15 Old 06-15-2009, 11:10 AM
Banned

Ugh, that's exactly why my cats are inside cats. I know what you mean, the simple idea of them being tortured just makes me sick. Thanks for agreeing with me These people can't exactly be cured, unless you're some kind of miracle worker. "Meet Your Meat" would be childish to them. Ugh. They need to die. Being locked up forever would just be more torture, which we want less of, but killing them would just end it without any more suffering. And their families? It's their fault also for bringing them up like this. I wouldn't shed a tear at the sight of their grieving families. And this is coming from a usually-very sweet person, so these people need to die. seriously.
#16 Old 06-19-2009, 08:17 AM

I think if it is him, he does need a LOT of psychiatric help, possibly including being admitted to an inpatient program at a mental health facility. It may be a long time before he's well enough to be trusted, but with therepy, and possibly medication, he could probably be helped.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page