VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   Animal Issues In The News (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/22-animal-issues-news/)
-   -   Celebrities justifying fur. (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/22-animal-issues-news/93882-celebrities-justifying-fur.html)

jAded 02-01-2009 09:10 PM

I don't normally pay too much attention to Hollywood and know we shouldn't be taking most of these rich, over-pampered people too seriously but I recently saw that Khloe Kardashian had done a PETA campaign against fur. I googled her and found her sister's website in which she defends wearing fur herself.



http://kimkardashian.celebuzz.com/20...-not-given.php



All her fans are defending her "right" to wear fur which infuriates me. I know I'm preaching the choir but I just can't understand how someone just has this sense of entitlement to do whatever they want, no matter what the cost to others, and be PROUD of the fact that they're so indifferent, so long as they look good and lead comfortable lives.



Urgh. Sorry, not a real point to this but I needed to vent

sybaritik 02-02-2009 12:54 AM

Yeah, it's annoying and frustrating isn't it.



Some celebs at least have the sense to stop wearing fur because they recognize it as being socially unacceptable and not good for their image even if they personally like fur, but Kim K seems like one of those hi-maintenance type of women who's only reason for existing is to wear makeup and clothes....they just don't seem to think about much outside of that.



.

Kiz 02-02-2009 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybaritik View Post

Kim K seems like one of those hi-maintenance type of women who's only reason for existing is to wear makeup and clothes....they just don't seem to think about much outside of that.



.



What a remarkably polite way of saying "ho-bag".

sybaritik 02-02-2009 08:48 AM

^^ But I didn't say that, you did.



At worst, I'm calling her a superficial person, but being superficial doesn't make her a whore or whatever other insulting slang term springs forth from your mind regarding a woman's sexuality.



I think you need to put some more thought into the comments you make on VB sometimes because you frequently miss the mark.





.

delicious 02-02-2009 09:51 AM

mean people wear fur

rainforests1 02-02-2009 10:15 AM

I have no idea who Chloe is. Is she an actress? Most people don't have a problem wearing fur, so I choose to ignore them rather than get angry over it.

cstadt 02-02-2009 10:51 AM

^^ I didn't think she did much more than be there. Probably has some kind of "line." Like ugly clothes or shoes. Or smelly 'perfume'.

jAded 02-03-2009 12:54 AM

She and her sisters are kind of like Paris, famous just for being famous, from what I know anyway. And they have their own tv show.



I'm mostly frustrated because, although there's nothing remarkable about Kim aside from being pretty and rich, she has a lot of influence over young girls/women especially when it comes to fashion. And if someone of her status makes those comments, it just seems to make the everything surrounding animals and their welfare regress.

hypnos 02-27-2009 12:44 PM

It's quite saddening to see how fur is beingt made 'acceptable' this way. Celebs have much influence over the choices young people make, which makes this all the more damning.



Why don't people think? If I read those reactions of those fans...

GhostUser 02-27-2009 07:50 PM

People like that make me sick.

Eikon 03-01-2009 06:49 AM

I think more important, is for us to raise our kids looking up to real idols rather than these self absorbed celebs. Then they won't care if they wear fur, they will already know the truth about many things.

GhostUser 03-02-2009 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eikon View Post

I think more important, is for us to raise our kids looking up to real idols rather than these self absorbed celebs. Then they won't care if they wear fur, they will already know the truth about many things.



*claps*

Yes.

ParrotGirl 03-02-2009 11:34 AM

thats so dumb. I dont like this woman already, and I dont even know who she is.



Its one thing wearing leather that you already have, but fur gives out such a strong message. So many people are wearing fur now, its sick.



She looks like a chav with a lot of new money. Not a good look if you ask me. The fur is just her screaming - "look! Im really rich and sophisticated!"



and most of the commenting fans dont sound like the brightest sparks in the world



Quote:
to treat HUMANS with NO respect, ARA have NO respect for HUMANITY at ALL! respect URE own kind before U ask anybody to respect creatures GOD created to serve humans in a way or another!



Quote:
ONE LAST QUESTION: what R ARA recommendations on what to feed wild lions? lettuce and cucumber MAYBE?





these ones are great though!

Quote:
lisalee said to: LeticiaMichaels | Reply

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU. LET'S BREAK KIMS NECK AND SKIN HER ALIVE AND SEE HOW SHE FEELS. HAVE YOU SEEN THE VIDEO OF THE DEER SKINNED AND IT'S STILL ALIVE AND ALL THAT'S LEFT IS IT'S EYELASHES AS IT'S DYING IN PAIN?



I HATE KIM! AND HOPE ACTIVISTS GET HER!



Quote:
You're just another selfish, self-absorbed airheaded twit. You will be punished for your greed. I guess you've already been punished with looking like a tranny


PlaybackGuru 03-02-2009 11:52 AM

Why does everyone get up in arms about celebs wearing fur, but don't bat an eye when they show up in leather?

tk* 03-02-2009 12:12 PM

*sigh*



Getting upset over every stupid person on the planet gets tiring after a while. I just learn to accept that there are stupid and evil people on this planet and that I can only change myself so to not be like those people.

tk* 03-02-2009 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaybackGuru View Post

Why does everyone get up in arms about celebs wearing fur, but don't bat an eye when they show up in leather?

Good point! Wearing a whole dead animal on your back looks more barbaric than just sporting its skin, I guess.

GhostUser 03-04-2009 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicious View Post

mean people wear fur



exactly

hypnos 03-04-2009 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk* View Post

Good point! Wearing a whole dead animal on your back looks more barbaric than just sporting its skin, I guess.



To me there is still a clear difference between wearing leather and wearing fur. Fur is clearly not necessary and everybody knows it and can't even debate it.



I also hate how people defend it with: you eat meat too don't you...



Those tactics are nothing more than straw man arguments. You can justify just about anything using that argument...including bull fighting and ****/dog fighting. And off course, if you say you are a veg...then you are an extremist.



I can use their argument too by the way: If a guy dumps oil into the sea, perhaps they can defend it by asking people if they drive cars. Because cars pollute the environment as well. So it must be right.



It's the same kind of screwy logic.



And from my experience...people who wear fur ussually don't give a damn about animal suffering. Especially younger people that wear. Those discussions are insane. And nothing you say seems to sink in.

dont_eat_bambi 03-04-2009 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainforests1 View Post

I have no idea who Chloe is. Is she an actress? Most people don't have a problem wearing fur, so I choose to ignore them rather than get angry over it.



i think that more people have a problem wearing fur than leather... it is just as bad either way

Kiz 03-04-2009 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaybackGuru View Post

Why does everyone get up in arms about celebs wearing fur, but don't bat an eye when they show up in leather?



I have no idea. This one often puzzles me. Leather jackets, handbags or tight leather pants are no more "necessary" than fur. Fur and leather are pretty much the same product. One just has the hairs plucked off and one leaves the hairs on.

PlaybackGuru 03-04-2009 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiz View Post

I have no idea. This one often puzzles me. Leather jackets, handbags or tight leather pants are no more "necessary" than fur. Fur and leather are pretty much the same product. One just has the hairs plucked off and one leaves the hairs on.



Thank you from saving me the typing

Moonlily 03-24-2009 02:45 PM

Yah, I am actually a big Khloe Kardashian fan, and I LOVE her peta ad, it's gorgeous as is she, and she had to overcome a lot of issues in her own life to pose for it. It's so nice to see that she has decided to take a stand against fur. Kim, drives me insane, Khloe has shown her videos and everything, and for her to be proud and defend her fur wearing makes me sick, something has to be very wrong with you if you can see those videos and be aware and still wear fur. Good job Khloe...hopefully your sister gets a reality check very soon.

sblthin 03-27-2009 01:33 AM

God I cannot stand that girl (notice I said girl, not woman)

Neoveggie 03-27-2009 12:01 PM

honestly I can not stand kim kardashian, yes she is beautiful but she has to be the most self-absorbed, ignorant, attention whore ever. just reading her stupid blog made my blood boil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I find her despicable and she needs some good humiliating, this is one time where I actually hope Peta activists douse that (u know what) with red dye to stain her for two weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'm pretty frustrated.

Mycoolcats 03-31-2009 08:40 PM

people will justify anything as long as its not "illegal" , in that case, its Legal to wear fur so who the hell are you to tell them otherwise? I know it sucks, they think that its their god given right to do whatever they want legally and thats that.



If there was a law against the sale of furs... which there frekking should be, the entire public would have outrage if anyone was sought wearing it.

Mycoolcats 03-31-2009 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoveggie View Post

honestly I can not stand kim kardashian, yes she is beautiful but she has to be the most self-absorbed, ignorant, attention whore ever. just reading her stupid blog made my blood boil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I find her despicable and she needs some good humiliating, this is one time where I actually hope Peta activists douse that (u know what) with red dye to stain her for two weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'm pretty frustrated.





i agree, and her arse is just too damn big, what is this J-Ho all over again?

sblthin 03-31-2009 09:14 PM

At least J-lo's ass fit her body type, Kim's just looks odd, I'm thinking fat injections...ugh

GhostUser 03-31-2009 11:07 PM

^^^ this woman certainly seems to be a card carrying self absorbed celeb and should receive some criticism for the fur wearing, bit i dont see how being critical of her physical appearance is productive at all. in the long run, i think that kind of intense public humiliation only serves to make them even more obsessed with their looks.

sblthin 03-31-2009 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali View Post

^^^ this woman certainly seems to be a card carrying self absorbed celeb and should receive some criticism for the fur wearing, bit i dont see how being critical of her physical appearance is productive at all. in the long run, i think that kind of intense public humiliation only serves to make them even more obsessed with their looks.



I'm critical of everyone's appearance, including my own, well especially my own

Damn today's society!

zombina 04-01-2009 07:37 AM

I don't understand why PETA would take her endorsement. People who don't eat red meat for "moral" reasons make me laugh. Awesome, you just took cows out of your diet and replaced them with chicken and fish. Ask any kid over the age of 2 cows are bigger than chicken. So great, you just created a demand for even MORE animals to be slaughtered.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.