Celebrities justifying fur. - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 04-01-2009, 08:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali View Post

^^^ this woman certainly seems to be a card carrying self absorbed celeb and should receive some criticism for the fur wearing, bit i dont see how being critical of her physical appearance is productive at all. in the long run, i think that kind of intense public humiliation only serves to make them even more obsessed with their looks.

On ya Kal - ken oath.

m8itcanw8.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 04-26-2009, 08:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaybackGuru View Post

Why does everyone get up in arms about celebs wearing fur, but don't bat an eye when they show up in leather?

I think leather is just as horrible, but at least people can plead a bit of ignorance about the leather thing with "oh, but at least it's just a bi-product of it's meat so it's not going to waste." Wheras fur is a blatant FU to the whole animal welfare movement, everyone knows how sick the industry is and her blog in particular was her saying I DON'T CARE. If she wrote the same thing about meat, I'd be just as pissed. Fur just is more loaded symbolically than leather, I think.

Sorry for a belated response, I thought this thread had died.
#33 Old 04-26-2009, 08:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlily View Post

Yah, I am actually a big Khloe Kardashian fan, and I LOVE her peta ad, it's gorgeous as is she, and she had to overcome a lot of issues in her own life to pose for it. It's so nice to see that she has decided to take a stand against fur. Kim, drives me insane, Khloe has shown her videos and everything, and for her to be proud and defend her fur wearing makes me sick, something has to be very wrong with you if you can see those videos and be aware and still wear fur. Good job Khloe...hopefully your sister gets a reality check very soon.

Yeah, I remember they showed the unveiling of her poster, and Kim said she "looked forward" to seeing the videos. Maybe there's something wrong with me, but I can't say I ever look forward to seeing an animal being tortured?

And yes, her fans don't come across as the brightest tools in the shed but she isn't famous for her intellect either so I guess that's the kind of fan base you attract, when you exist simply for being seen.

And I kinda like her arse. But I just find that kind of real hourglass figure aesthetically more pleasing than the current ideal. And she obviously keeps herself in good shape so even if she isn't teaching anyone compassion, she at least offers a different 'type' of beauty, even though she's still conventional.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 04-29-2009, 09:29 PM

She is stupid..A stupid hypocrite.
#35 Old 05-01-2009, 12:11 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainforests1 View Post

I have no idea who Chloe is. Is she an actress? Most people don't have a problem wearing fur, so I choose to ignore them rather than get angry over it.

The Kardashian family has there own show on the E channel called "Keeping up with the Kardashians". Her father was also O.J. Simpson's lawyer or something like that.
#36 Old 05-01-2009, 12:27 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessican3267 View Post

The Kardashian family has there own show on the E channel called "Keeping up with the Kardashians". Her father was also O.J. Simpson's lawyer or something like that.

Bruce Jenner is the daddy too of the reality show.
#37 Old 05-02-2009, 04:09 AM
Veggie Regular

^^And a walking warning sign for plastic surgery addiction.
#38 Old 05-10-2009, 05:52 AM

The reason why they only go to PETA is for publicity, so people will think that they have a "cause" that they stand for. But not really. There are so many celebrities who claims that they are animal lovers but often times you can see them luxurious and expensive fur coats.
#39 Old 05-12-2009, 12:13 AM

Thanks for sharing this - what is interesting to me is that most people (even those who criticise vegetarianism) will actually say that FUR IS WRONG. Is this because they can't stand the thought of a 'cute' seal pup being clubbed (merely because it reminds them of a cute human baby??) or do they actually support animal liberation???

The Kardashian sister and all fur lovers around the world need to be subjected to the pivotal scene in "Earthlings" where the animal (a fox?) is stripped of its skin and sits there blinking alive and waiting to bleed to death. it is extreme and it is horrific. it is also very real. True horror. But as many people say "I can't watch that... its too extreme" while they happily go on parading DEATH around their shoulders...

It would be interesting to visit the earth in 500 years time to see if humans look back on the attitudes of today as barbaric and disgusting. Thankfully there are many people who are WAKING up to reality and this is the positive side.

Thanks again!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page