ABC lost their minds: Conservative Ladies Pretty in Mink - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-23-2008, 10:38 AM
Veggie Regular

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Beaut...=1&start=false

I wasn't even sure where to post this.. but... what the....?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-23-2008, 10:43 AM

Disgusting.
#3 Old 11-23-2008, 11:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Those ladies look like they smell bad.

"If you want to know where you would have stood on slavery before the civil war, don't look at where you stand on slavery today, look at where you stand on animal rights." - Paul Watson.

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-23-2008, 11:59 AM
Veggie Regular

Thank goodness I saw all that BEFORE breakfast, because had I waited until AFTER breakfast I would have upchucked all over my keyboard.

And btw, what the F is "politically correct healthcare"?

*this space not for sale*
#5 Old 11-23-2008, 12:01 PM
Veggie Regular

i like how the first one is Ann Coulter, only one of the most vile people in the media.
#6 Old 11-23-2008, 01:00 PM
Veggie Regular

What else should we expect from these "well dressed-conservative women" especially Ann Coulter.

And as a man I find none of the to be sexy or distinguished....

#7 Old 11-23-2008, 02:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Personally, I'm glad to see Conservative women doing this considering that nearly 40% of Americans already consider wearing fur to be morally wrong, and I imagine that the further the economy goes into the toilet, the fewer people will consider this kind of conspicuous consumption to be acceptable. People are losing their homes, children are going hungry, and these stupid cows think a fur photo spread is a good idea? Yay for being completely out of touch with the average American!
#8 Old 11-23-2008, 02:25 PM
Vegan Police Officer

Oh jesus. Just what I needed. To see a photo of Ann Coulter.

She is stuff that nightmares are made of.
#9 Old 11-23-2008, 06:38 PM
Veggie Regular

I think the were posed in a retro fashion like the starlets of the 20s and 30s but still it is not flattering....
#10 Old 11-23-2008, 08:26 PM
Veggie Regular

I agree that it's disgusting, but also kinda weird and creepy.
#11 Old 11-23-2008, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DgyJff View Post

i like how the first one is Ann Coulter, only one of the most vile people on the planet.

Fixed that for you.
#12 Old 11-23-2008, 10:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana View Post

Oh jesus. Just what I needed. To see a photo of Ann Coulter.

She is stuff that nightmares are made of.

...she?
#13 Old 11-23-2008, 10:59 PM
Veggie Regular

As long as we can judge women on how they look, as opposed to what they may actually think and believe, it's a fair world.
#14 Old 11-24-2008, 06:13 AM

What a depressing link :/

Seems like every time I think the world has moved forward I'm reminded that it's moving backwards at a faster pace.
#15 Old 11-24-2008, 06:55 AM
Beginner

The irony on my end being that one of the advertisments underneath was of one of those "donate to the poor kids in Africa" and the picture was of a scruffy looking child laying in rubbish sleeping. Just a few inches above... Ann Coulter imagining she's Marilyn Manson feeling confidently sexy - whilst looking like someone just stabbed her in her bum cheek lol
#16 Old 11-24-2008, 09:02 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy_Mar View Post

The irony on my end being that one of the advertisments underneath was of one of those "donate to the poor kids in Africa" and the picture was of a scruffy looking child laying in rubbish sleeping. Just a few inches above... Ann Coulter imagining she's Marilyn Manson feeling confidently sexy - whilst looking like someone just stabbed her in her bum cheek lol

Hmmm..... ?

Yep. Same thing.
#17 Old 11-26-2008, 10:48 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalestral View Post

What a depressing link :/

Seems like every time I think the world has moved forward I'm reminded that it's moving backwards at a faster pace.

Now this is the one post in this thread I disagree with. I really do think the world's moving in the right direction. It's slow progress, and idiots like this are intentionally trying to reverse the trends, but it is progress. Remember, change is unavoidable. That's why liberals always win in the long run.

--Fromper

#18 Old 11-27-2008, 09:41 AM
Veggie Regular

The 2009 Reaction Calendar to Pretty in Mink:

http://www.236.com/news/2008/11/24/2...ives_10391.php

Brilliant.

"If you want to know where you would have stood on slavery before the civil war, don't look at where you stand on slavery today, look at where you stand on animal rights." - Paul Watson.

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

#19 Old 11-27-2008, 11:56 AM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

Yikes. They're not very flattering photos. They looking nothing like 20s and 30s glamour girls at all to me. Totally different lighting and facial expressions. I have no idea what expressions some of those ladies think they are pulling.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#20 Old 11-27-2008, 01:06 PM
Banned

so what is the purpose of this photoshoot? is it an ad for the conservatives, or for millers furs?
#21 Old 11-27-2008, 03:01 PM
Veggie Regular

... I would buy the reaction calendar. I would.
#22 Old 11-29-2008, 08:48 AM
Veggie Regular

Am I the only one who has no idea who most of those women are? I don't know a lot about Coulter, but she's I think the only one who I'm familiar with.
#23 Old 11-29-2008, 08:51 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

I really do think the world's moving in the right direction.

The demand for meat is expected to increase greatly in the next few decades, and 50% of the world's species are expected to become extinct by the end of the century. In what ways do you think we're moving in the right direction?
#24 Old 12-01-2008, 12:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainforests1 View Post

The demand for meat is expected to increase greatly in the next few decades, and 50% of the world's species are expected to become extinct by the end of the century. In what ways do you think we're moving in the right direction?

Well, I was going to answer with a comment about there being other issues to consider that are moving in the right general direction, but let's talk about the ones you brought up.

Yes, the human race is continuing to expand at an unsustainable rate and destroy the environment as we do so. This has been going on for hundreds of years, at a rate that just keeps increasing. But how many people realized this was a problem 100 years ago? The first step in solving any problem is realizing that there is a problem. In these modern times, we've taken that first step. Even that's an improvement compared to 50 or 100 years ago. Now we need to get more people to take action to do something about it. That'll take some work.

--Fromper

#25 Old 12-01-2008, 12:50 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

Yes, the human race is continuing to expand at an unsustainable rate and destroy the environment as we do so. This has been going on for hundreds of years, at a rate that just keeps increasing. But how many people realized this was a problem 100 years ago? The first step in solving any problem is realizing that there is a problem.

Overpopulation is not a new awareness

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Malthus

it was big news in the 60's and 70's too

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Population_Bomb

but people want to reproduce, no matter

(unless I'm misunderstanding your point)

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

#26 Old 12-01-2008, 04:26 PM
Veggie Regular

My original point was in response to someone saying that the conservatives posing for these pics were taking our country backwards. I said that I think the world is improving, just in small steps. Rainforests1 pretty much changed the subject by talking about large scale problems that have been going on for hundreds of years, rather than the smaller scale political issues that are usually the subject of short term political debates. But I responded to that by saying that even large scale environmentalism is in a better place than 100 years ago. The problems continue to get bigger, but at least we know about them and are starting to work on them more than ever before. Heck, just in the last couple of years, the mainstream American media is acknowledging and publicizing that veg*nism is good for the environment. That's a step in the right direction.

--Fromper

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page