Police dogs are civil servants, Norwegian supreme court rules - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-06-2008, 05:19 AM
Ex-*****

Quote:
OSLO (AFP) - Police dogs should be considered civil servants and any acts of violence against them therefore merits the same punishment as attacks on human police officers, Norway's Supreme Court ruled Thursday.

ADVERTISEMENT

"The police officer and dog work ... as a single unit and ... an attack on the dog must be viewed in the same manner as an attack on the officer," the court said in its ruling.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080605...t_080605162649

This is perhaps especially interesting as the Norwegian term for "civil servant" is "offentlig tjenestemann" where "mann" obviously means "man". So it would seem that according to the ruling a dog is to be considered a man while it's doing police work.

I no longer post here after VB was sold in 2012. (See my profile page for details.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-06-2008, 08:56 AM
Veggie Regular

*waits for an outrage about such a semantical carelessness, involving the quoting of dictionary definitions*

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#3 Old 06-07-2008, 01:18 AM

Quote:
This is perhaps especially interesting as the Norwegian term for "civil servant" is "offentlig tjenestemann" where "mann" obviously means "man".

So, where do women fit, in this scenario?

It will be interesting to see what happens to this fellow when he goes back to the Appeals Court.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-07-2008, 06:20 AM
Beginner

So much to learn from friendship of Europeans toward animal.
#5 Old 06-07-2008, 06:58 AM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

So I guess it's ok, then, to call certain female Norwegian civil servants "*****es" and not get in trouble for it.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page