A good example of a great dog - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-01-2007, 01:57 PM

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4044905a11.html

This story made me feel quite sad actually Poor George. A good example of how faithful dogs can be to their companions. On the other hand, the other dogs it happens all too often.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
The attack was the final straw for the South Taranaki District Council, which says it intends hunting down all dangerous and unregistered dogs and neuter them.

I was very scared reading the first half of that sentence, but then when I saw the word "neuter" instead of the word "kill" I was enthralled that a common council actually understands for once.

And that's a Jack Russell for you, loyal, feisty, and never once thinking of itself as a little dog. Very sad.
#3 Old 05-01-2007, 02:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Poor George.

I did want to add though that I've heard of a pitbull being on the hero side of a similar story, protecting it's owner from an attack by another, non-pit dog.

It's seldom the dog's fault. Ninety-nine percent of the time, the problem is the owner.

And I too am glad they're neutering instead of killing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-01-2007, 02:14 PM

That's true, it's most always the owners. The people in NZ most likely, as far as I am aware, to own pitbulls are gang members who train them to fight. It's sad to see all pitbulls getting tainted with the same brush.
#5 Old 05-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Awwww that's sad
#6 Old 05-01-2007, 07:21 PM
Veggie Regular

When I worked for the Humane Society, pit bulls were actually the tenth (my memory may be off, but it was somewhere around there) most agressive breed. Everyone pegs them as being the first most agressive breed, it's not true. Pit bulls are big sucks and very lovable. I adore pit bulls. Unfortunately there are idiot pitbull owners out there giving these dogs a bad name. Pit bulls are abused horribly as owners try to train them to be vicious. It's so sad.
#7 Old 05-01-2007, 08:29 PM
Veggie Regular

#8 Old 05-03-2007, 02:31 PM

Apparently this story has been picked up all over the world. The children involved and Georges owner were on tv last night and I felt so sorry for the owner, he was crying

The two pitbulls involved were destroyed yesterday. It's policy here basically, dogs involved in attacks are destroyed.
#9 Old 05-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becks06 View Post

Apparently this story has been picked up all over the world. The children involved and Georges owner were on tv last night and I felt so sorry for the owner, he was crying

The two pitbulls involved were destroyed yesterday. It's policy here basically, dogs involved in attacks are destroyed.

Hmmm i wonder if their owners got any punishment?
#10 Old 05-03-2007, 03:23 PM

I believe they're getting prosecuted. Their dogs were unregistered, which is illegal here in NZ. It'll be followed up by the local news there I daresay, the legal proceedings that is.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page