Heather Mills dumped by animal rights group - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-21-2007, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Heather Mills told today of her shock after animal rights group Peta dropped her without telling her.

The estranged wife of Sir Paul McCartney was reportedly dumped by the group after Sir Paul's photographer daughter Mary threatened to stop working with them.

Full story...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...=1766&ito=1490

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-21-2007, 05:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Meow. Table for two and a saucer of milk please. This is an unfortunate position to put PeTA in. Seems like Mary McCartney could have been a bit more mature about the whole thing. I mean geesh, doesn't PeTA's work weigh more heavily than her dad's marital problems? Sir Paul is a big boy. Surely he can fight his own battles.

I am the user formerly known as MrsKey
#3 Old 02-21-2007, 07:00 PM
Veggie Regular

I think it was a pretty easy decision.

at this moment in time, noone wants to be associated with heather mills so shes not exactly the best person to have working for you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-21-2007, 08:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Ferret View Post

I think it was a pretty easy decision.

at this moment in time, noone wants to be associated with heather mills so shes not exactly the best person to have working for you

True. But it doesn't exactly make Mary look like a mature adult.

I am the user formerly known as MrsKey
#5 Old 02-26-2007, 02:17 PM

Bull. Heather Mills McCartney's only crime (the same as Paul's) is that she only threw peanuts of her (their) mega fortunes to the animals.

It shows Mary in a bad light.

It shows PETA in a bad light.

But this unhappy triangle of millionaires is a scam any way. Let's not deify McCartney. His music stinks and he has enough money to buy out every slaughterhouse in the UK (and close the doors)!
#6 Old 02-26-2007, 04:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachry View Post

His music stinks and he has enough money to buy out every slaughterhouse in the UK (and close the doors)!

Um, and then those companies would take that money and build new ones to meet market demand. Pay attention.
#7 Old 02-26-2007, 08:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tame View Post

Um, and then those companies would take that money and build new ones to meet market demand. Pay attention.

Thats the dumbest thing I have seen you type, and have seen you type plenty of dumb things LOL

"Snake Savers"
Venomous & Non-Venomous Snakes Removed & Relocated. Unharmed.
#8 Old 02-26-2007, 08:13 PM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

I'm not sure Heather Mills was ever a great ambassador, was she?

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#9 Old 02-26-2007, 08:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah she has done some good things. In March 2006, She and Paul went to eastern Canada to bring attention to the country's annual seal hunt. Sponsored by the Humane Society of the United States, they claimed the hunt was inhumane and called on the Canadian government to put it to an end. Their arrival on the floes sparked much attention in Newfoundland and Labrador where 90% of the sealers live, and where the hunt is of cultural and economic significance. Due to the intense media attention, the couple debated with Newfoundland and Labrador's Premier Danny Williams on Larry King Live

She also campaigns against the trade in dog fur (which is often passed off as fur from other animals), and particularly the live skinning of dogs.

She posed with her dog, in an anti-fur advertisement for a PETA campaign, which had the catchline: "If you wouldn't wear your dog, please don't wear fur" campaign.

"Snake Savers"
#10 Old 02-26-2007, 09:04 PM
Veggie Regular

This was about publicity and politics ... not animal welfare. Douchebags.

She can find a better organization to support if she so chooses. There are plenty out there that are more focused than PeTA.

Besides, PeTA has Pam Anderson!

How stupid.
#11 Old 02-26-2007, 09:27 PM
Banned

(edited to remove reference to deleted post) I will explain the economics of the matter. Sir Paul cannot end the slaughterhouse industry by simply "buying" all of the current slaughterhouses and closing their doors. If he were to do so, someone else (likely those companies he purchases the current slaughterhouses from), would simply open/start new ones to meet the market demand for meat products. It is a quite simple concept.
#12 Old 02-26-2007, 10:25 PM
Veggie Regular

I'd dump her as a rep too, she's makes for lousy PR.
#13 Old 02-27-2007, 08:13 AM

Quote:

(edited to remove reference to deleted post) I will explain the economics of the matter. Sir Paul cannot end the slaughterhouse industry by simply "buying" all of the current slaughterhouses and closing their doors. If he were to do so, someone else (likely those companies he purchases the current slaughterhouses from), would simply open/start new ones to meet the market demand for meat products. It is a quite simple concept.

uhhmm, you're reading me too literally. Obviously I wasn't seriously proposing that McCartney should buy up every slaughterhouse: for one thing, he could probably only afford a few. I was making the point that we shuld be cautious about demonising Heather through CANONISING Paul, which is what the British press tends to do: heather is a ***** because paul is god, etc. I was also making the point that, actually, none of the McCartney's have done much for animals (that I know of). When it comes to activism, and dedication to the cause, they are not up there with, say, the Paul Watson's of the world.

Paul gives a few peanuts of his ill-gotten mega fortune to peta, peta pockets most of this and then gives loose change to pretty girls to strip in public. If I had 800million pounds in my wallet, I'd be doing a lot more with it than that, that's all.
#14 Old 02-27-2007, 08:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Sounds like Mary McCartney has a leg up.
#15 Old 02-27-2007, 09:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Well, yeah, of course. It's easier to mark your territory that way.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#16 Old 02-27-2007, 04:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

uhhmm, you're reading me too literally. Obviously I wasn't seriously proposing that McCartney should buy up every slaughterhouse:

LOL I know he was. Thats why I said What I did to him ( got deleated) LOL

Guess you can call someone "Douchebags" and "stupid" but you get deleated for saying something typed was "dumb"

HandcuffedAngel, This was about publicity and politics ... not animal welfare.?? First I disagree with you but even so , so what!! it still got the media involved and let people know about this horrible slaughter!

"Snake Savers"
#17 Old 02-27-2007, 06:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I was also making the point that, actually, none of the McCartney's have done much for animals (that I know of).

None of the McCartneys have done much for animals?? No way! Do some research into the heydays of Paul and Linda. They were early vegetarians, some of the first celebrities to speak consistently in favor of ethical vegetarianism and animal causes. They would show animal rights films before their concerts. Linda introduced a line of meatless frozen meals, long before the dominance of Boca and Morningstar Farms. Paul has recorded songs with pro-animal messages and also included a graphic photo of animal experiments within his CD "Off the Ground" (rather uncommon for such a mainstream artist). When speaking on behalf of animals Paul and Linda were an eloquent and likeable pair.

Sure, they haven't done the work of full-time activists, but let's face it they are celebrities. And far, far more non-advocate people recognize the name of Paul McCartney over the leaders of any animal protection groups.

slops, gloops, and gruels.
#18 Old 02-27-2007, 06:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Olexa View Post

HandcuffedAngel, This was about publicity and politics ... not animal welfare.?? First I disagree with you but even so , so what!! it still got the media involved and let people know about this horrible slaughter!

Why dump a member? Why?

Because some immature brat said she doesn't like her?

Dumping Heather proved nothing. They dumped her in hopes it would bring good publicity because she is apparently held in the hateful eye of the public as a Hell demon.

I personally don't give a crap about her or Paul or anyone else in that "family". I'm just pointing out the fact that dumping Heather didn't save any animals or get any laws passed. It didn't even bring them a millimeter forward in their so-called journey to better lives for animals. A vision I believe they were born without thanks to Ingrid's extreme fear of bulldogs.
#19 Old 02-27-2007, 07:25 PM
Banned

Quote:

LOL I know he was. Thats why I said What I did to him ( got deleated) LOL

Guess you can call someone "Douchebags" and "stupid" but you get deleated for saying something typed was "dumb" :

What you "did" to me? You didn't "do" anything to me. You simply made a personal attack, which was correctly deleted per the TOS.

I just did a search of all of my posts for the past 6 months. I cannot find where I have called anyone a "douchebag" or "stupid." I imagine the results are the same for longer time frames, but I didn't feel like reading that many of my old posts, no matter how fantastic they are.

Please refrain from future false accusations or personal attacks. Thanks!
#20 Old 02-27-2007, 07:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

What you "did" to me? You didn't "do" anything to me. You simply made a personal attack, which was correctly deleted per the TOS.

I just did a search of all of my posts for the past 6 months. I cannot find where I have called anyone a "douchebag" or "stupid." I imagine the results are the same for longer time frames, but I didn't feel like reading that many of my old posts, no matter how fantastic they are.

Please refrain from future false accusations or personal attacks. Thanks!

I didn't say YOU said those words now did I? huh? WAKE UP!!

Please refrain from saying things that you don't understand LOL

"douchebag" or "stupid were said by someone a post later I think. My point was I guess someone can say those words but not dumb.

Fantastic?? ROTFLMBO Since when?

Fine where I said YOU said it! I swear, Some peoples children.

"Snake Savers"
#21 Old 02-27-2007, 08:54 PM
Veggie Regular

MOD POST

Okay, two things

FIRST: Please leave the personal attacks/disputes/pissing matches out of the discussion. I don't care who started it, or who said what in which post, and I don't care who gets the last word. This is NOT the place for petty bickering and arguing. Knock it off!

SECOND: Please keep the discussion in this thread on the topic of Heather Mills and her relationship to PeTA. I don't know why it has turned into a discussion about pitbulls, but if you want to have a discussion on THAT topic, please do so in the appropriate thread. I believe there was an active discussion on Pitbulls very recently. Go find that thread and have the debate there. Or, if you don't care for that thread, by all means start one of your own.

The rules are simple people. Please try to abide by them.

<<-- tired, ill, and grumpy....

Nec Aspera Terrent
#22 Old 02-27-2007, 09:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderRandy View Post

MOD POST

Okay, two things

FIRST: Please leave the personal attacks/disputes/pissing matches out of the discussion. I don't care who started it, or who said what in which post, and I don't care who gets the last word. This is NOT the place for petty bickering and arguing. Knock it off!

SECOND: Please keep the discussion in this thread on the topic of Heather Mills and her relationship to PeTA. I don't know why it has turned into a discussion about pitbulls, but if you want to have a discussion on THAT topic, please do so in the appropriate thread. I believe there was an active discussion on Pitbulls very recently. Go find that thread and have the debate there. Or, if you don't care for that thread, by all means start one of your own.

The rules are simple people. Please try to abide by them.

<<-- tired, ill, and grumpy....

You sound like my ex wife, tired and cranky LOL

Me and HandcuffedAngel are having no problem here, it's not heated at all. you seem the only one here upset. Dang can't even have a discussion on this board. Good Grief

"Snake Savers"
#23 Old 02-27-2007, 09:41 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't have a problem. I'm doing my job.

If you have a problem with the way I perform my job, feel free to talk to my boss. But leave the grumbling out of the public forums.

and Have a Nice Day!

Nec Aspera Terrent
#24 Old 02-28-2007, 03:27 AM
Veggie Regular

Please take the pit bull discussion to this thread:

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...ad.php?t=68212

As for the personal attack crap, you can take that somewhere else.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#25 Old 02-28-2007, 02:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

Please take the pit bull discussion to this thread:

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...ad.php?t=68212

As for the personal attack crap, you can take that somewhere else.

Personal attack? Good grief!! This board has the biggest bunch of sissy's I have ever come across. I mean a bunch of wennies!!! using words like

dumbest and you all freak!!! LMBO!!!!!!!!! Half of ya'll mis-read what's said anyway, and don't understand what you do read!!

It is funny though, I did have a good laugh, How would you act on a real board! Never such a bunch of cry babies so scared to get into a little heated debate. WAY TO MANY INDIANS AND NOT ENOUGHT CHIEFS

And you can kiss my

P.S. Don't feel all cocky banning me like you are bad or something.I'm expecting it, don't give a ****, and won't even bother to check. LOL

This is the lamest board I have ever come across. LOL

(edited)

Later

"Snake Savers"
#26 Old 02-28-2007, 02:55 PM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

Posts like that are the reason I stopped debating this thread even though I have strong opinions on the subject. It's not about being a "sissy", it's just not enjoyable to have a reasonable debate with someone who shouts and yells and keeps telling you to "wake up" simply because you have a different view. Good Lord, you know these discussions are supposed to be enjoyable, don't you?

#27 Old 02-28-2007, 02:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I didn't say YOU said those words now did I? huh? WAKE UP!!

Please refrain from saying things that you don't understand LOL

"douchebag" or "stupid were said by someone a post later I think. My point was I guess someone can say those words but not dumb.

Fantastic?? ROTFLMBO Since when?

Fine where I said YOU said it! I swear, Some peoples children.

LOL; when the words "douchebag" or "stupid were used in this thread they were in reference to people not members of this board (at least how I understood it) and that is not against the TOS.
#28 Old 02-28-2007, 03:01 PM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

BTW: Is saying "no loss" when someone quits the board a personal attack?

#29 Old 02-28-2007, 03:41 PM
Veggie Regular

I suppose I could try and explain the definition of personal attack, but my head already hurts from that wall.

I might try some passive-aggressive **** like "Did I say I was talking to you?", as demonstrated earlier in the thread. But, yeah, that gets old too.

So I'll kindly pass on the ass-smooching and advise you to watch and make sure the door doesn't hit it on your way out.

#30 Old 02-28-2007, 07:20 PM
Veggie Regular

John Olexa is a hyper chap!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page