Forum Jump: 

#61 Old 02-05-2007, 02:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

Sorry I somehow misinterpreted you.

Jeebus! LMAO!

Can you show me where I said this?

"From the way you sounded at the beginning of this thread, you wanted every pitbull eradicated because you didn't trust them"

I never said that, I would never say all pit bulls should be killed ever. I'm sorry you really need to stop. Like I said earlier you have a really interesting way of interpreting things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 02-05-2007, 02:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodveg View Post

Jeebus! LMAO!

Can you show me where I said this?

"From the way you sounded at the beginning of this thread, you wanted every pitbull eradicated because you didn't trust them"

I never said that, I would never say all pit bulls should be killed ever. I'm sorry you really need to stop. Like I said earlier you have a really interesting way of interpreting things.

Oh, pot, the kettle just called. Guess what it said?

When you say a breed should be outlawed (and yes, you said that), I don't think Wolfie's interpretation of your statement is a stretch.
#63 Old 02-05-2007, 02:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tame View Post

Oh, pot, the kettle just called. Guess what it said?

When you say a breed should be outlawed (and yes, you said that), I don't think Wolfie's interpretation of your statement is a stretch.

LMAO!

You always love to chime in and stir the **** don't you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#64 Old 02-05-2007, 02:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Tame, you've got my head spinning, all of this agreeing with me. Or maybe that's just the overdose of caffeine I've had today.

Hollywoodveg, I must not be the only one who misinterpreted you, if your inbox was filled with hate mail. (Just so everyone knows, none of his hate mail was from me.)
#65 Old 02-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Tame, you've got my head spinning, all of this agreeing with me. Or maybe that's just the overdose of caffeine I've had today.

Hollywoodveg, I must not be the only one who misinterpreted you, if your inbox was filled with hate mail. (Just so everyone knows, none of his hate mail was from me.)

LMAO!

Why don't you and Tame just get a room already.
#66 Old 02-05-2007, 02:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinga View Post

Wolfie, Addie sends her love I hate that so many dogs like Addie will never be given a chance, but the fact that people like you still exist gives me hope!

FYI - We've added a female husky/collie/shepard mix to our pack. The three dogs are still trying to figure out their roles, but no one has tried to eat anyone elses face off.

Give Addie my love. And Jake too. They're so cute. Congrats on the third dog. One can't have too many dogs if you ask me.
#67 Old 02-05-2007, 02:50 PM
Banned

Quote:

LMAO!

Why don't you and Tame just get a room already.

Yeah, me and Wolfie are just the bestest of friends.

Why don't you just admit you have been talking out of your hiney hole? It would save some bandwidth.
#68 Old 02-05-2007, 02:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, Tame and I don't see eye to eye on, well, hardly anything. So if he's agreeing with me . . .

I'd pick you for my dodgeball team before I'd pick Hollywoodveg though, Tame.
#69 Old 02-05-2007, 03:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Awwwwwww, a match made in heaven. How cute.
#70 Old 02-05-2007, 03:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Ok children... no fighting, play nice (J/K, I've always wanted to say that!)
#71 Old 02-05-2007, 03:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Ok, enough thread hijacking.

Please stop fighting. We are all animal lovers here, we should be fighting omnis instead of each other.
#72 Old 02-05-2007, 03:09 PM
Veggie Regular

I think omnis should be outlawed. I've had a lot of experience with them, and I'll never trust one.

#73 Old 02-05-2007, 03:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I think omnis should be outlawed. I've had a lot of experience with them, and I'll never trust one.

#74 Old 02-05-2007, 05:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Nope, just Pitts actually.

You must be privvy to the fact many people breed Pitts so they will fight each other, no? Sure you can argue they do this with other breeds, but anyone involved in animal rescue knows this happens primarily with Pitts and this has caused the breed to turn very aggressive.

sighhhh...... for starters though I do not condone nor have I ever participated in dog fighting; pit dogs are not breed to be human aggressive. Prior to a fight (at least back in the day) the owners/handlers would take the opposing dog and bathe it to check for weapons and such. Any sign of human aggression and the dog would be disqualified from the fight and in all likelihood taken out and put down.

Fighting dogs were not bred for human aggression and a well bred pit should not be human aggressive. What we are seeing today is the intentional mistreatment of a bred of dog to bring out it's worst characteristics.

Banning pit bulls will not stop the problem only make those that would abuse the breed move on to another breed such as the Caine Corso, GSDs, Dobbies.

What Wolfie was trying to express to you was in the past there have been other breeds of dog with very bad reputations: Dobermans in particular were known to turn on their owners and were considered viscious dogs, in the 70's James Garner played a sherrif in a movie titled "They Only Kill Their Masters" (maybe owners) in which a doberman was being blamed for the death of its owner.

Kids get bit because their parents don't train them how to properly interact with dogs; almost everytime we meet new kids it turns into a training lesson for both kids and parents........ as an example explaining to mom not to let her kids hug dogs since dogs are apt to take it as a challenge, and numerous other things kids do such as pulling tails, ears, poking and hitting, etc.......

I truly am sorry you only see the worst of a breed, not sure what exactly you expected to see in a shelter, most are after all not exactly on their best behavior, and probably scared witless.
#75 Old 02-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiz View Post

I definately remember the doberman hysteria too, though when I was young it was all about shepherds. German Shepherds were all bred to kill - because they were bred to kill wolves they'd see young children as threats too, you could never trust a shepherd around a kid etc etc.

actually it was not that GSDs were breed to kill wolves, because they weren't; there is evidence to suggest that some wolves were used to create the breed though.
#76 Old 02-05-2007, 05:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post

I asked this question in the slut thread, but maybe someone here can give me their thoughts on certain traits that are bred into dogs? How does it work, exactly?

"At the risk of sounding ignorant, can someone explain how aggression is bred into a dog? I get it that if you have a pit bull puppy that you can teach it be mean, aggressive, etc. So does that mean when it is grown up and you mate it with another pit bull who was taught to be aggressive, that the resulting puppies will be aggressive? It doesn't make sense to me but then I'm not a dog expert so I really don't get it. What am I missing? "

Thanks!

one breeds for certain traits. Ringo has a dominate personality and tends to be a little pushy with other dogs (aggression) Lassie is a dominate female and can be pushy with other dogs. Let the 2 tie and chances are you will produce more dominate pups. Keep the breeding stock closed and continually breed for certain traits whether it be a look, temperment, agility, smelling ability, etc. Eventually (forget how many generations) with a closed breeding program you will have eventually created an independent breed.

If it is something you want more info on I can try and find an old link I have for some people I know of that were trying to create a new breed.
#77 Old 02-05-2007, 05:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

You are doing a really good job of proving my point for me. Keep up the good work. Show me where, from your very own link, it says pits are dangerous to humans. Check the Myths link from that site. I'll give you they're more likely to fight other dogs than some other breeds. I never said they weren't. Still doesn't turn them into the people-eating machines you seem to think they are.

For the second time, AGGRESSION TOWARDS OTHER DOGS DOES NOT INDICATE AGGRESSION TOWARDS HUMANS. I said it last night and your very own site also says it.

Anyone breeding pits for fighting certainly doesn't want a dog that will turn on him after it's finished off another dog.

I have two Australian shepherd mixes (no, not mixed with pit) and a husky that have aggressive tendencies towards other dogs. Do you want to condemn them too?

I can't remember which test it is, has to do with dealing with the public CGCA maybe, anyway pits always score really high on that test, right up their with goldens and labs, the canines that tend to be used for service work.... odd.
#78 Old 02-05-2007, 05:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Yeah, I never said that. You seem to have a very interesting way of interpreting things.

It's been real.

actually you did say that.
#79 Old 02-06-2007, 01:26 AM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

Quote:

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petb...rownstein.html

Do you think it's good that all of these pit's are killed or maimed for dog fighting?

Honestly, I don't think you're reading our posts at all. I don't understand how on earth you got I think dog-fighting is good.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#80 Old 02-06-2007, 01:30 AM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by havocjohn View Post

actually it was not that GSDs were breed to kill wolves, because they weren't; there is evidence to suggest that some wolves were used to create the breed though.

I wasn't meaning to imply that's what German Shepherds were bred for, I was merely reiterating the hysterical hyperbole that I heard about German Shepherds as a kid, and attempting to draw a correlation between similar hyperbole about pit bulls. I definately remember the "they were bred to kill! They'll kill your kids too!" line of reasoning.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page