Mountain Lion Attacks Hiker in CA - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Veggie Regular

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070126/...in_lion_attack

Then game wardens go and shoot two mountain lions they came across near the site of the attack. Why?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-26-2007, 09:51 AM
Beginner

There was an article on this in my towns paper this morning. It's horrible that game wardens usually kill animals in situations such as this when there's other alternatives. Even worse, they sometimes kill them when they haven't done anything. A couple months ago in my town a bear somehow ended up behind a shopping center and when police got there they just shot and killed him, even though he was cornered so he was in no danger of hurting someone. Things like this make me really mad because humans are the one's encroaching on these wild animals territory and homes, yet we still go and kill them if they don't leave.
#3 Old 01-26-2007, 09:57 AM

I don't really have much sympathy for them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-26-2007, 10:29 AM
Veggie Regular

wait, I thought humans were at the top of the food chain?

kek.
#5 Old 01-26-2007, 10:34 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
A couple months ago in my town a bear somehow ended up behind a shopping center and when police got there they just shot and killed him, even though he was cornered so he was in no danger of hurting someone.

rofl
#6 Old 01-26-2007, 11:48 AM
Veggie Regular

I like how when people kill animals its considered a necessity or a sport. When animals do it they're ferocious and dangerous beasts that immediately need to be killed in return.

I mean.... we "help" the deer with their overpopulation problem... maybe the mountain lions were trying to help with the human overpopulation.

Pinterest: AquaLoveBird
#7 Old 01-26-2007, 06:48 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythe View Post

rofl

What I meant was, the bear was cornered with several police officers ready to shoot him so if he had decided to charge someone, they could have shot him first. So, it wasn't really possible for him to get close enough to someone to hurt them. My point was that the officers just ran him down and killed him when they could have used tranquilizers or something and spared his life.
#8 Old 01-27-2007, 01:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Are police even qualified to use tranquilizers?
#9 Old 01-27-2007, 03:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ad View Post

I mean.... we "help" the deer with their overpopulation problem... maybe the mountain lions were trying to help with the human overpopulation.

When I lived in Yosemite, the rangers had a 3 strike system for nuisance bears. They were all tagged so they could tell them apart. The first and second time a bear caused trouble, they'd be tranquilised and carted deep into the mountains and turned loose. If they caused a 3rd offense they were destroyed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page