Puppy gnaws off baby's toes, police in La. say - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 12-21-2006, 02:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantih View Post

It's a sad day when you don't know if it was your puppy or your ferret that ate your baby's toes.

This is really really horrible of me..

but this made me laugh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 12-21-2006, 03:14 PM
Banned

I say it's an extra sweet puppy if it didn't eat the ferret.
#33 Old 12-21-2006, 03:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpickell View Post

sigh.

ETA: I can assure you that dogs and kids can get along great. In this news story you have very unresponsible parents and a puppy that was weaned too early and not being supervised properly. It's unfortunate that people would use news stories like this to reinforce their own prejudices against animals, try and look past the stories involving idiot owners.

Yup, that's why a golden retreiver with no history of problems mauled a 7 year old to death near me a few years ago. Or how a perfectly kid-friendly black lab mauled my neighbor's little toy dog. Of course I know 1000 stories of kids having great pets and only a handful of stories where something goes wrong, but in my personal experience I've been jumped on, scratched, and barked at enough times to know they hate me as much as I hate them. Which is fine with me ;-)

I agree its not the animals' fault. They are just animals. But thats it. I just don't trust animals. Kudos to those who like them, but I really don't like animals at all. That's why I don't eat them ;-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 12-21-2006, 05:13 PM
Veggie Regular

I agree with kp. This has nothing to do with the dog, or the ferret, or whatever else. This was the parents, through and through.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#35 Old 12-21-2006, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggielove View Post

Yup, that's why a golden retreiver with no history of problems mauled a 7 year old to death near me a few years ago. Or how a perfectly kid-friendly black lab mauled my neighbor's little toy dog. Of course I know 1000 stories of kids having great pets and only a handful of stories where something goes wrong, but in my personal experience I've been jumped on, scratched, and barked at enough times to know they hate me as much as I hate them. Which is fine with me ;-)

I agree its not the animals' fault. They are just animals. But thats it. I just don't trust animals. Kudos to those who like them, but I really don't like animals at all. That's why I don't eat them ;-)

what if a vase fell off the countertop and cracked open junior's melon? are you against vases then? or if precious caught her fingers in the car door, will you get rid of your car? you can't remove all the dangers in a child's life, and noone is telling you to get a dog, but in this case, the only creature to blame is the cracked out parents.
#36 Old 12-21-2006, 07:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Do they think arguing that the ferret did it is going to help them? As long as it would take for a puppy to chew off a baby's toes, imagine how long it would take a ferret.

These morons need to be forcibly sterilized with a dull knife.
#37 Old 12-21-2006, 07:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Is the ferret in protective custody, as well?

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#38 Old 12-21-2006, 09:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Fark had a great headline for this a few days ago:

Louisiana couple can't agree which pet chewed their baby's toes off, the pit bull or the ferret, but submitter suspects the child would be better off living in the wild with either breed
#39 Old 12-21-2006, 10:40 PM

WTF? If the parents were educated, they would know that puppies need chew toys when they are teething. The dog is absolutely not at fault! The parents? need to be held fully accountable for this unfortunate mishaps. After being quarantined, I think the dog should be put up for adoption and be offered to a more loving family.
#40 Old 12-21-2006, 11:09 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Plastic Straw View Post

These morons need to be forcibly sterilized with a dull knife.

Maybe the dog or ferret could be trained to chew off the father's nuts. That would at least ensure no further breeding.
#41 Old 12-21-2006, 11:14 PM
Veggie Regular

^^^The funniest thing I've read in the general forums on VB all day.

#42 Old 12-22-2006, 11:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Verdict in: baby and sib placed with grandparents, both pets taken away and put up for adoption (not euthanized), parents plead to crap charge.

Article Link
#43 Old 12-24-2006, 12:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggielove View Post

There's more to these stories than either of us know, and since I don't know anything other than what you've wrote I can't comment on them at all.
#44 Old 12-24-2006, 12:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medesha View Post

Verdict in: baby and sib placed with grandparents, both pets taken away and put up for adoption (not euthanized), parents plead to crap charge.

Article Link

That's very good! Thank you for the update.
#45 Old 12-24-2006, 01:10 AM
Veggie Regular

The children are with a grandparent who raised one of these *parents*. Poor kids.
#46 Old 12-25-2006, 06:05 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm amazed that 4 gnawed off toes is only a $250 fine.
#47 Old 12-25-2006, 06:53 PM
Beginner

This makes me so mad. As a long time fan of the APBT and a champion for the breed, this just breaks my heart. Grrrrrrrrrrr!! STUPID people...
#48 Old 12-29-2006, 11:27 AM
Veggie Regular

At least neither have been euthanised

I slightly agree with delicious on the dubious skills of the grandparents, but as far as we know the parents still have all their toes, so they could well be an improvement.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page