arsenic & chickens - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-18-2006, 11:34 PM
Veggie Regular

The Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy has released a new study revealing arsenic is present in most non-organic chicken products. Testing of 155 samples from supermarket chicken products found 55 percent carried detectable levels arsenic, a highly toxic carcinogen. All 90 fast food chicken products contained arsenic. The toxin levels are due to the industry practice of adding arsenic to chicken feed with the goal of killing parasites and promoting growth. Arsenic is not allowed in organic chicken feed.

http://www.organicconsumers.org/food...enic060405.cfm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-19-2006, 09:08 AM
Veggie Regular

Arsenic and Old Lace
#3 Old 04-19-2006, 11:35 AM
Beginner

That was a damn good play. My high school put it on once. It rocked so many mothers.

OP: HALLELUJAH! Now I have ammo to get my omni BF to at least stop eating FF-Chicken!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-20-2006, 06:40 PM
Veggie Regular

i saw an article about this in the meat department at my work a couple weeks ago....kind of sickening really.

whats even more pathetic is that it wont get the majority of people to even stop and think about what they are shoving down their throats......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page