McCartneys protest Canadian Seal Hunt. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-02-2006, 12:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-02-2006, 01:45 PM
Veggie Regular

I saw that in our local newspaper. I can't remember who said it but someone had said "their 20-year-old pictures of baby seals being killed isn't fooling anyone". I couldn't believe that was said in the paper since all the footage and photos are updated annually, so they are up-to-date evidence of the cruelty.

The whole thing about the reflex thing making people think the seals are alive when they aren't: that's a load of BS. I have seen last years footage and you can't tell me a seal that is breathing, snorting blood out his nose as his lungs are filling up with blood can possibly be dead.
#3 Old 03-02-2006, 02:38 PM
Veggie Regular

I love Paul I hope this gets the info out there to more people that the seal hunts have got to stop!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-02-2006, 03:28 PM
Veggie Regular

I too have seen a lot of footage of the seal "hunt" and I find the slaughter to be disgusting. They probably said that the picture was 20 years old, because in 1987 a law was passed which outlawed the killing of baby seals (12 days old or less) which still have their white coats. I have heard that it is illegal to film or photograph the seal "hunt" (Something called the "Seal Protection" act which is one of the greatest names ever devised) . To me that doesn't matter if they have their white coats or not (and I have never witnessed a hunt so I can't say if they still do club the white coats or not). Should we be happy that they are allowing seal pups to live until they are 2 weeks old or 2 months old before they kill them? I'm not.
#5 Old 03-04-2006, 04:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegmedic View Post

I too have seen a lot of footage of the seal "hunt" and I find the slaughter to be disgusting. They probably said that the picture was 20 years old, because in 1987 a law was passed which outlawed the killing of baby seals (12 days old or less) which still have their white coats. I have heard that it is illegal to film or photograph the seal "hunt" (Something called the "Seal Protection" act which is one of the greatest names ever devised) . To me that doesn't matter if they have their white coats or not (and I have never witnessed a hunt so I can't say if they still do club the white coats or not). Should we be happy that they are allowing seal pups to live until they are 2 weeks old or 2 months old before they kill them? I'm not.

Well according to HSUS, "Fully 95% of the seals killed over the past five years have been harp seal pups between 12 days and 12 weeks of age."

Apparently they don't have to be 12 days old or less to have white coats because I seen the footage of the 2005 massacre and the 2004 massacre and both videos showed most of the seals with white coats.
#6 Old 03-04-2006, 04:16 PM
Veggie Regular

I can't see the hunt ending, because the people in those communities in the North are dirt poor, in areas with next to no economy outside of things to do with natural resources.

I hate the hunt, but it's a very, very unpopular thing to disagree with it here in Atlantic Canada. The papers all week have had letters from readers bashing Paul McCartney & saying how the hunt is legitimate, necessary & humane. What bs.
#7 Old 03-05-2006, 08:48 AM
Banned

Go, Paul, Go!

Go, Paul, Go!

Go, Paul, Go!
#8 Old 03-06-2006, 10:27 PM
Veggie Regular

I was so happy to see this in the news - the Canadian Government had better get their act together and real fast, they are giving the country a bad name. I was elated to see this issue getting some mainstream coverage.

What incensed me was the Canadian Gov's reaction to Paul's protest - that he was breaking the law by being there! A harmless action like sitting on some ice is illegal, and it's perfectly ethical to club the crap out of innocent creatures.

The seal hunt is extremely brutal and unnecessary, absolutely appalling
#9 Old 03-10-2006, 04:33 PM
Veggie Regular

The seal hunt makes me ashamed to be Canadian.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page