Burger business ready for big time (vegetarian burger franchise) - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 03-22-2004, 03:25 PM
Banned

I'm just baffled the first mainland location is in Montana.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 03-22-2004, 03:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tame View Post

I'm just baffled the first mainland location is in Montana.

Yeah, I thought that too... but then I did a Google search and found out that Vegetarian Times named Missoula one of the 13 most veg-friendly small towns. http://www.findarticles.com/cf_dls/m...le.jhtml?term=

Still seems a bit weird...

Jim
#33 Old 03-22-2004, 03:34 PM
Veggie Regular

I guess they figure if it can survive there, it can survive anywhere...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 03-22-2004, 07:11 PM
Veggie Regular

It's quite an expensive franchise!!!! I wonder how many will go for it. It seems to be quite a high risk one as well.
#35 Old 03-22-2004, 07:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Ann Arbor, eh? If I go to Michigan, I am so going to be their number one customer...
#36 Old 03-22-2004, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post

It's quite an expensive franchise!!!! I wonder how many will go for it. It seems to be quite a high risk one as well.

Actually is is very inexpensive as franchises go. The franchise fee alone for a Subway is more than $100,000!

Yes, it is risky, but it will be all about advertising & getting people to try it. The people who developed Goodburger's really know what they are doing & the taste is like nothing else you have ever had - any brand of frozen veggie burger will never be the same after you have had a Mr. Goodburger's.

Mr. Goodburger's is poised to change the quick serve restaurant business - it can be good AND healthy!
#37 Old 03-22-2004, 08:45 PM
Banned

I'm glad to see them, and I hope they fly, but I personally wouldn't invest in one or the company as a whole. Seems to be a bit of a niche market still.

'Course, if I stumble on to one, and really like it, then my opinion may change.
#38 Old 03-22-2004, 09:39 PM
Veggie Regular

I've been dying to make a trip to Honolulu ever since this was first posted!! If someone wanted to start one over here in Hilo, I'd be your first and happiest customer!!

Nec Aspera Terrent
#39 Old 03-22-2004, 09:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Tame, you weren't the only one who was surprised that the first on the mainland was in Montana. That was my first thought!

Oh man, how exciting is this though? The chance that there could be a successful vegetarian chain of restaurants? This is one chain I'd be all about supporting!
#40 Old 03-22-2004, 09:46 PM

There is a write up on Mr. Goodburger in the newest VegNews. Someone, open one up in Atlanta!
#41 Old 03-22-2004, 11:29 PM
Veggie Regular

I met a well-off real estate investor yesterday... We both agree that we need one in L.A., but neither of us wants to take the time to actually run it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page