cow cuddling - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-03-2004, 08:18 AM

Sometime last week, my local news channel did a story about "cow cuddling"-a new form of relaxation therapy used in the netherlands. The people actually pay to go out into a field and cuddle a cow. They showed pictures and it was really sweet.

Anyway, I haven't been able to find any info on it since then. Did I just DREAM this, or has anyone else ever heard of it?

P.S. Also, I don't know if these cows are raised to 'cuddle' or if thats just one more way for the people to make money before they send them off to a terrible fate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-03-2004, 08:51 AM
Veggie Regular

I dunno, but I've cuddled a cow and it was very relaxing. It was when I was 16 in Ireland. My great-uncle has about 6 cows as family pets and for milk.

I got to feed a calf who's mother died at birth. He was so sweet and I got to hand feed him out of a bucket (cornmeal, milk, and water. it was wierd)

He'd suck my hand up to my elbow! But I actually got to lay with him in the field...it was a great experience! <----for lack of cow smiley
#3 Old 11-03-2004, 08:54 AM

You're lucky! I would LOVE to cuddle a cow! They are so beautiful!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-03-2004, 01:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah I agree that that's nice if the cows are being treated nicely and there are no plans to hurt them. I've never cuddled a cow. lol so not sure exactly how that works, but maybe it will help some open minded people see that cows are friends, not food.
#5 Old 11-03-2004, 03:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Cow cuddling sounds cool! Now wheres that cow smilie...
#6 Old 11-03-2004, 03:09 PM
Tom
Veggie Regular

I've never actually cuddled one, but I've petted a few easygoing ones and been slurped by them.

I like them, but they're so big, I'd find it hard to really be at ease around one. A few people have told me that they sometimes don't like people fussing with their heads... sort of like how cats don't always like people messing with their paws or stomachs.

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
#7 Old 11-03-2004, 03:31 PM
Beginner

I think this sounds like a wonderfull idea! I've always loved cows, and I'd certainly pay money to cuddle with one, assuming they weren't slaughtered afterwards.

Cows rock!
#8 Old 11-03-2004, 03:36 PM
Veggie Regular

I've hugged a cow. We had six dexters living here once, they were pets

(someone elses) and very affectionate. And curious and intelligent.

It was a cow that made me into a vegetarian. A thought flashed into my mind of the connection between beef and cow and that was that.
#9 Old 11-03-2004, 04:58 PM
kat
Veggie Regular

cows

Not the one you were talking about but similar, I don't think these are bred solely for cuddles. They're such big things cows, be nice to cuddle one.

Kat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page