VeggieBoards banner

Burger King veg burger lawsuit (doh!)

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Tom 
#1 ·
A lawyer is filing a class-action lawsuit against Burger King, because its Impossible Burger is cooked on the same grill as their beef burgers (unless the customer requests microwave preparation).

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/lawsuit-claims-burger-kings-impossible-204229221.html

Well, what an act of genius. This will only serve to discourage fast food restaurants from selling vegan foods. This perfectionism doesn't help the animals. These types of lawsuits make the vegan movement look crazy.

#3 ·
I agree with both of you.
Rather than tearing down existing meat based restaurants for attempting to offer plant based options they should take the opportunity to start vegan fast food restaurants!
Perfect time to say "Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good!"

#4 ·
Interestingly, my ex-husband went to BK recently to try the Impossible Whopper (or whatever it's called). He was disappointed and said it was no different from a Morningstar Griller (original). Since that BK does offer Grillers, I said that maybe that's what he got and someone just made a mistake. He waited a few weeks, went to another BK and ordered the Impossible thingie and again got what he believes is a Morningstar Griller. Both these BKs advertise the Impossible burger, btw.

He called someone (corporate? regional? local store?...I don't know) and was assured that no one would confuse the two products because of blahblahblah. So...the questions remain... Is the Impossible burger that much like a Griller, or are these BKs selling Grillers as Impossibles for some reason (cost, etc.)?

#5 · (Edited)
Hmmm... maybe this is why the BK Impossible Whopper is so expensive: to pay their legal fees. :p I'd have to double-check, but I think it's a bit more expensive than their beef Whopper. BRB....

Edited To Add: Yup. The standard Whopper is about $4.59; the Impossible Whopper is about a dollar more (both prices are before tax). I don't know that this is BK's doing; the Impossible Burger patty itself may cost more than a beef patty.

I was thinking about an Impossible whopper for lunch today- I've had one before, and they are quite good IMHO. But I would have had to take a longer lunch break to go get it, and the home-made meal of brown rice, kidney beans, a bit of oil, and diced canned Italian-style tomatoes I brought from home was probably cheaper as well as healthier. (It would have been better still with some steamed broccoli, but I didn't get to the supermarket)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.