• 2 Post By VeggieSince88
  • 3 Post By silva
  • 1 Post By silva
  • 4 Post By LedBoots
  • 1 Post By SteveW

#1 Old 10-07-2015, 02:16 PM
Longtime vegetarian

Arrow 'Jackass' star Steve-O heading to jail for SeaWorld protest

Just read this article about Steve-O, whose real name is Stephen Glover, being sentenced to jail for his recent anti-SeaWorld stunt. He's been sentenced to 30 days in LA County jail, and will surrender on December 9.

I have to say that prior to this stunt--where he climbed a crane in Hollywood, set off fireworks, and basically caused quite a commotion--I had no idea that he was on our side! His form of entertainment isn't exactly my cup of tea, you know?!

Bravo, Steve-O, for standing up for those whose voices are otherwise not heard.
Werewolf Girl and warriormama like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-07-2015, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator

Steve-o had won my heart since this--
#3 Old 10-07-2015, 04:17 PM
Longtime vegetarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
https://youtu.be/R1Bc38i2ep0
Thank you so much for sharing that link.

I'll tell you right now I did not finish watching it. I stopped at the part where they switched to the factory farm. *I* don't need to see that--I've been painfully aware of that reality for many years now. However, I'm planning on keeping this video's URL handy for firing off to omnivores/hypocrites as needed.

It's really unconscionable that we--and I mean we as a society--are allowed to torture and kill SOME sentient beings, while simultaneously treating our pets so differently. A pig is a dog is a cow is a cat...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-07-2015, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

Oh geez, I should have put a warning! I forgot how graphic that is, it's so honest and real in a way I felt quite different.
I do find this the best to show people because it's just so logical.
VeggieSince88 likes this.
#5 Old 10-07-2015, 06:49 PM
Longtime vegetarian

I don't think a warning is necessary--not here on this board, you know?! Anyone stopping by here is most likely aware of what they may find.

In the video--the little bit at the beginning that I watched--I LOVE how it makes the pigs so...REAL. And I love how it makes the point that pigs are smarter than the pet animals we have. Definitely required viewing for those who haven't yet seen the light!
#6 Old 10-08-2015, 01:03 AM
Banned

I still have difficulty taking Steve-O seriously considering he still can't appear in a thread title without prefacing the fact that YES, he was in Jackass, that one show where they tempted a snake to bite their penis.
#7 Old 10-08-2015, 01:09 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
I still have difficulty taking Steve-O seriously considering he still can't appear in a thread title without prefacing the fact that YES, he was in Jackass, that one show where they tempted a snake to bite their penis.
Steve-O is now post-rehab sober and vegan. Today he would probably tell them to leave the poor snake alone.
#8 Old 10-08-2015, 01:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post
Steve-O is now post-rehab sober and vegan. Today he would probably tell them to leave the poor snake alone.
Let's stop associating him with Jackass, then. He probably regrets it.
#9 Old 10-08-2015, 10:54 AM
Longtime vegetarian

Quote:
Let's stop associating him with Jackass, then. He probably regrets it.
Perhaps, perhaps not. After all, it's what gave him the fame he can now use to promote causes dear to him. Without "Jackass," who would even know who he is? Without it, his Hollywood stunt wouldn't have received the coverage it did.
#10 Old 10-08-2015, 02:46 PM
Beginner

Quote:
https://youtu.be/R1Bc38i2ep0
That was the video that started my vegan journey, after watching that I never ate meat again.

Steve-O's been sober and vegan for a while now and he's definitely one of my favourite vegan celebs.

I watched a documentary on him and his past is pretty messed up, drugs and alcohol nearly killed him and he attempted overdoses many times, lucky to be alive.

He doesn't seem to care that he's going to jail for this either which shows me his heart is in the right place.
VeggieSince88 likes this.
#11 Old 10-08-2015, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yeah but snakes are carnivores....
#12 Old 10-08-2015, 07:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yeah but snakes are carnivores....

Whatever mistakes he's made in the past I think it's great that he's made such a positive change and is standing up for the animals. Go Steve-O!

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission

Tags
boycott , captivity , orca , seaworld , whale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page