8 Reasons to Watch Cowspiracy - Now on Netflix! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 14Likes
  • 4 Post By Werewolf Girl
  • 1 Post By Marjoram
  • 1 Post By Marjoram
  • 1 Post By Werewolf Girl
  • 1 Post By palelandscape
  • 2 Post By Shallot
  • 1 Post By Shallot
  • 3 Post By Linky
 
Thread Tools
#1 Old 09-19-2015, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator
 
Werewolf Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 16,664
8 Reasons to Watch Cowspiracy - Now on Netflix!



LINK:http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/2015/...ix-review.html

If you have Netflix watch Cowspiracy and give it 5 stars to give it more views!

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Werewolf Girl is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old 09-21-2015, 10:54 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Marjoram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 703
I don't wanna watch any more of those documentaries, they make me a mess for weeks after but I keep suggesting them to meat eaters though!

"To the world you may be just one person, but to one life you may be the world."

Marjoram is offline  
#3 Old 09-22-2015, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator
 
Werewolf Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 16,664


A message from the makers of the film. Please help boost the rating on Netflix!!!

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Werewolf Girl is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#4 Old 09-23-2015, 11:38 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)
 
LedBoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marjoram View Post
I don't wanna watch any more of those documentaries, they make me a mess for weeks after but I keep suggesting them to meat eaters though!
This one is not as graphic as many. I feel the same way as you do after watching them. This is the first one I have watched in years, and I really liked it.
LedBoots is offline  
#5 Old 09-23-2015, 12:51 PM
Beginner
 
SteveW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marjoram View Post
I don't wanna watch any more of those documentaries, they make me a mess for weeks after but I keep suggesting them to meat eaters though!
There's nothing in Cowspiracy that should make you upset.

It's a great documentary but I can't help but feel that if i'd have watched it when I was a meat eater It may not have made me convert.

People just don't care enough about the environment.

Earthlings on the other hand...
SteveW is offline  
#6 Old 09-23-2015, 11:06 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Marjoram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 703
Earthlings is what made me a vegan, I was crying so hard, both because of the animals suffering and human cruelty and because I realized I was such an hypocrite for loving so much the animals and the planet and yet eating meat and dairy. It hurt badly in my soul but I was glad to be educated at the same time. Earthlings is in your face, but some of us needed it!
Werewolf Girl likes this.

"To the world you may be just one person, but to one life you may be the world."

Marjoram is offline  
#7 Old 09-23-2015, 11:54 PM
Super Moderator
 
Werewolf Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 16,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
There's nothing in Cowspiracy that should make you upset.

It's a great documentary but I can't help but feel that if i'd have watched it when I was a meat eater It may not have made me convert.

People just don't care enough about the environment.

Earthlings on the other hand...
There is ONE graphic scene that made me cry, but the rest of the movie is fine. Just skip the part where they go to the duck farm if you want to avoid anything disturbing. The scene right after that one makes up for it.

I think it's an excellent movie and I've been seeing a lot of posts on reddit from people who are going vegan after watching it. The thing is people can be SO different, we all come from different backgrounds and have different priorities so what is effective for one person may not be effective for another.

Personally I also went vegan after seeing Earthlings and I've always been more concerned with the animal cruelty side of things, but for people who are more focused on the environment this is an excellent introduction to the issues with animal agriculture. I really liked how it started with dry facts and didn't delve into the ethical parts until the end, I think that is perfect for people who get turned off by appeals to emotion.
Shallot likes this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Werewolf Girl is offline  
#8 Old 09-27-2015, 05:07 AM
Beginner
 
SteveW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 157
Oh yeah I forgot about that duck scene, I had to skip that bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
There is ONE graphic scene that made me cry, but the rest of the movie is fine. Just skip the part where they go to the duck farm if you want to avoid anything disturbing. The scene right after that one makes up for it.

I think it's an excellent movie and I've been seeing a lot of posts on reddit from people who are going vegan after watching it. The thing is people can be SO different, we all come from different backgrounds and have different priorities so what is effective for one person may not be effective for another.

Personally I also went vegan after seeing Earthlings and I've always been more concerned with the animal cruelty side of things, but for people who are more focused on the environment this is an excellent introduction to the issues with animal agriculture. I really liked how it started with dry facts and didn't delve into the ethical parts until the end, I think that is perfect for people who get turned off by appeals to emotion.
SteveW is offline  
#9 Old 09-27-2015, 12:08 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1
I've been off and on veg for years and this documentary made me want to get back into a plant-based diet full steam and led me to join this forum.
LedBoots likes this.
palelandscape is offline  
#10 Old 09-28-2015, 06:30 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Shallot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 437
Interesting ... I am rarely swayed by emotional appeals but I love factual documentaries that back up claims with numbers and research (jeez I'm such a geek). So I will probably watch this.

I've watched a few of the documentaries out there but most of them have been about the food industry and the environmental impact. They tend not to include many disturbing scenes - which is good because I deal badly with disturbing scenes (if I'm in a bad place even an action film can set of a bout of insomnia and anxiety).
LedBoots and no whey jose like this.
Shallot is offline  
#11 Old 09-28-2015, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator
 
no whey jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: West Sussex, UK
Posts: 2,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallot View Post
I am rarely swayed by emotional appeals but I love factual documentaries that back up claims with numbers and research
My kind of woman! 😍
no whey jose is offline  
#12 Old 09-29-2015, 01:54 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Shallot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 437
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by no whey jose View Post
My kind of woman! 😍
Thanks. :-) It does just make me prematurely curmudgeonly - and shouty about lacking facts.
no whey jose likes this.
Shallot is offline  
#13 Old 10-01-2015, 06:03 AM
Son of Jupiter
 
Linky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: NYC
Posts: 100
Send a message via Skype™ to Linky
Kind of related to the topic: I got my nerdy friend to watch Cowspiracy and he's going Vegan! Wants me to take him Veggie shopping so he can learn what's safe and what's a big no.

Anyway, I saw Cowspiracy when another member on these forums put it on YouTube and wow. Good to know that helping the animals is helping the planet. Makes being a Vegan even more awesome.

Life sucks without laughter so do that more often.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Linky is offline  
#14 Old 10-01-2015, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator
 
Werewolf Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 16,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linky View Post
Kind of related to the topic: I got my nerdy friend to watch Cowspiracy and he's going Vegan! Wants me to take him Veggie shopping so he can learn what's safe and what's a big no.

Anyway, I saw Cowspiracy when another member on these forums put it on YouTube and wow. Good to know that helping the animals is helping the planet. Makes being a Vegan even more awesome.
That's incredible! You rock.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Werewolf Girl is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off