Man In Court For Raping Dog - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-29-2004, 12:05 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Faces up to 9 years, $75,000 in fines if convicted

A suburban Chicago man is in court today facing charges he raped a female dog, facing up to nine years in prison and $75,000 in fines if convicted.

Daniel Joyner of Elburn, Ill., was arrested in the town of Geneva last month, after allegedly sodomizing the pit bull-boxer mix with a bottle before having sex with the animal himself.

"Anyone capable of this kind of cruelty poses a definitive risk, not just to animals, but to fellow human beings," said Martin Mersereau, spokesman for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

Full story...

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=39685

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-29-2004, 01:15 AM
Joe
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post

Daniel Joyner of Elburn, Ill. ...

I thought it would say, "Peter Singer of Princeton, NJ ... "
#3 Old 07-29-2004, 01:22 AM
Joe
Veggie Regular

Quote:
The dog, which suffered physical injury during the attack, is reportedly recovering in its owner's care.

Gee, it wasn't even the perp's own dog. Shouldn't he also be charged with some sort of property crime? Like vandalism? Or trespassing? Or theft of services?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-29-2004, 01:58 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post

I thought it would say, "Peter Singer of Princeton, NJ ... "

Peter Singer doesn't support 'heavy petting' when the animal involved is harmed or discomforted in any way. It must be mutual enjoyment.

Though I'm assuming you knew that and were making a joke?
#5 Old 07-29-2004, 02:24 AM

Quote:

Gee, it wasn't even the perp's own dog. Shouldn't he also be charged with some sort of property crime? Like vandalism? Or trespassing? Or theft of services?

depends. It doesn't say in the article if the dog was taken from the owners, or if the dog just ran off.
#6 Old 07-29-2004, 06:55 AM
Veggie Regular

He should get the same punishment as if he had raped a human.
#7 Old 07-29-2004, 07:04 AM
Veggie Regular

i wonder how they found out, someone must've walked in on him ?
#8 Old 07-29-2004, 07:34 AM

That is completely cruel and SICK!
#9 Old 07-29-2004, 07:50 AM
Rie
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by '[MiA View Post

]i wonder how they found out, someone must've walked in on him ?

Yeah, that's what I was wondering.
#10 Old 07-29-2004, 09:38 AM
Veggie Regular

That's horrible. That dog should have bit his d*** off.
#11 Old 07-29-2004, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkmommy View Post

That's horrible. That dog should have bit his d*** off.

That would be a nice punishment for rapists, wouldn't it? Fewer repeat offenders, I'm sure.
#12 Old 07-29-2004, 12:19 PM
Joe
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikie View Post

Peter Singer doesn't support 'heavy petting' when the animal involved is harmed or discomforted in any way. It must be mutual enjoyment.

Though I'm assuming you knew that and were making a joke?

I was only half-joking. Since dogs cannot talk, they cannot express their alleged "consent" or "mutual enjoyment." It's the rapist that does the talking.
#13 Old 07-29-2004, 12:21 PM

If someone hurt MY dog like that, she wouldn't have to bite anything off. I'd rip it off and feed it to her (my dog isn't vegan, like I am).

The Rev
#14 Old 07-29-2004, 02:24 PM

Ugh. What a sick piece of f**k. Rev, once again I agree with you. I'd definitely be doing some heavy ripping on the sicko if he did that to my Bruno.
#15 Old 07-29-2004, 02:30 PM
Veggie Regular

I saw this article on the internet last night and just could not believe what I was reading. How can someone do something like this??
#16 Old 07-29-2004, 02:35 PM

um...Woof?

~glamboy
#17 Old 07-29-2004, 02:39 PM
Veggie Regular

This guy will likely have a rough time in prison if the other 'mates find out why he's living with them.
#18 Old 07-29-2004, 11:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainvegan View Post

This guy will likely have a rough time in prison if the other 'mates find out why he's living with them.

Would really hoping for this make me a bad person?
#19 Old 07-30-2004, 01:21 AM
Veggie Regular

What's sad is that this is by no means an isolated incident. Any time you hear about something like this once, it's gone on for some time and in greater numbers than anyone ever realized.
#20 Old 07-30-2004, 01:44 AM
Veggie Regular

All I can think of to say (that is fit to post in a PG rated forum) is

That is just SO wrong.

#21 Old 07-30-2004, 09:18 AM
Joe
Veggie Regular

Well, I guess I have to take many of you to task here. Don't you know that rape is a crime of violence, not of sex? Did you sleep through your Women's Studies classes?

If a rapist is castrated or has his genitalia removed or chemically neutralized or whatever, he can just use a stick or broom or bottle or some other tool or implement to continue the violence.

In fact, in this news story, it said he sodomized the dog with a bottle before raping her.
#22 Old 07-30-2004, 10:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfiedog View Post

Would really hoping for this make me a bad person?

I hope not, because I'm thinking the same thing.
#23 Old 07-30-2004, 12:14 PM

Quote:

Well, I guess I have to take many of you to task here. Don't you know that rape is a crime of violence, not of sex? Did you sleep through your Women's Studies classes?

If a rapist is castrated or has his genitalia removed or chemically neutralized or whatever, he can just use a stick or broom or bottle or some other tool or implement to continue the violence.

In fact, in this news story, it said he sodomized the dog with a bottle before raping her.

They say that serial killers start with animal victims, then move on to humans. I wonder if this guy is of the same stripe(?). Perhaps, putting him in jail now will save future human suffering, as well as animal.

The Rev
#24 Old 07-30-2004, 03:36 PM
Joe
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rev View Post

They say that serial killers start with animal victims, then move on to humans. I wonder if this guy is of the same stripe(?). Perhaps, putting him in jail now will save future human suffering, as well as animal.

The Rev

I think that is very probable. At least, that is what I would be inclined to do with him if it were up to me--unless there were some facts about the case that I don't know and so could be persuaded otherwise.
#25 Old 07-30-2004, 04:22 PM
Administrator

Well I think it all comes down to whether or not the individual is truly attracted to animals or if they're only doing it because they can't find a willing (human) partner. If it's the latter than I'd say they're obviously at very high risk for repeating the incident on a human victim.

All comes down to what floats their boat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#26 Old 07-31-2004, 06:33 AM
Joe
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post

Well I think it all comes down to whether or not the individual is truly attracted to animals or if they're only doing it because they can't find a willing (human) partner. If it's the latter than I'd say they're obviously at very high risk for repeating the incident on a human victim.

All comes down to what floats their boat.

If rape is really a crime of violence, then it is not really an issue whether this guy has a sexual outlet. He can use his hand. Or get a hooker. But that is sort of beside the point.

If it is really a crime about violence and power, then a "willing" partner will not do.
#27 Old 07-31-2004, 06:44 AM
Administrator

I was referring to the likelihood that he would ever move on to raping humans. If his attraction is to animals then he would probably be less likely to move on to a human victim. If he's attracted to humans and only raped the dog because it was an easy target he'd be more likely to move on to a human victim.

#28 Old 07-31-2004, 01:42 PM

Joe's right, it's about power, not sex. Many rapists actually have a sexual partner. I forget the percentage, but it's quite a bit.

I was mostly kidding about the castration thing, but it would serve them right either way.
#29 Old 07-31-2004, 02:14 PM
Veggie Regular

ugh..thats awful...

poor dawg...
#30 Old 07-31-2004, 11:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals has taken more than a casual interest in the prosecution here of an Elburn man charged with engaging in sexual conduct with a dog.

Martin Mersereau, manager of the Domestic Animal Abuse case division at PETA's Norfolk, Va., headquarters, said PETA officials are watching the prosecution of Daniel J. Joyner, of Elburn, who will be in court Thursday on two counts of engaging in sexual conduct with an animal. He also is charged with one count of criminal damage to property.

Mersereau said PETA sent a letter to Kane County Assistant State's Attorney Debra Bree, "urging her to vigorously prosecute" Joyner. He said the letter was more a reminder of PETA's interest in the case, not an indication PETA officials fear the state's attorney's office will take it lightly.

"I have every faith in Debra Bree," Mersereau said. "We just wanted to send a little note to remind people of the link between sexual abuse of animals and sexual abuse of human beings."

Full story...

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/b.../a28dogsex.htm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page