"5 reasons to try a vegetarian diet" - Fox news posted a pro-veg article! Will wonders never cease. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Even if you’re not interested in becoming a vegetarian or vegan, there are plenty of reasons to up your intake of plant-based meals. In my private practice more of my clients are experimenting with meatless cuisine than ever before, and they’re reaping the rewards. Here are five powerful benefits to embracing your inner herbivore–even part-time.

Read the reasons here: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/10/10/5-reasons-to-try-vegetarian-diet/

This is a very superficial puff piece (lose weight and improve your sex life by eating vegetables!!!) but I still think it's a great sign that Fox is posting anything pro-veg when they are notorious for disapproving of anything that might make them seem like they support hippies and liberals. laugh.gif
River, Jennifer C and Colorsntrees like this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-10-2013, 07:14 PM
Veggie Regular

are there comments? i need entertainment
#3 Old 10-10-2013, 08:42 PM
Zelda Freak

I can't believe Fox would post anything pro-veg. Next thing you know they'll post a semi-decent pic of Obama! 

Colorsntrees likes this.

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 +

* Find me:
+
+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-10-2013, 09:28 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirpkatze View Post

are there comments? i need entertainment

No comments, sadly. I'm always amused reading fodder for the stupid things omnivores say thread too. tongue3.gif
Colorsntrees likes this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#5 Old 10-10-2013, 09:42 PM
Veggie Regular

I was going to post something "not complimentary" about Fox consumers. I shouldn't have even thought it but I did. Something to work on I guess.
Jennifer C and Colorsntrees like this.
#6 Old 10-20-2013, 11:18 PM
Beginner

I also clicked on the article mostly for the comments, too bad they're not enabled.

Werewolf Girl likes this.
#7 Old 10-20-2013, 11:31 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali View Post

I also clicked on the article mostly for the comments, too bad they're not enabled.

Maybe they're disabled because the author of the article knew how horrible they would be. tongue3.gif

#8 Old 10-21-2013, 08:24 AM
Zelda Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

Maybe they're disabled because the author of the article knew how horrible they would be. tongue3.gif

Someone told me that Fox has recently disabled comments on almost all new posts due to the insane amount of crazy comments they get.

That makes sense I guess, but the funny comments did used to make me laugh so I miss them. Hilarious comments is the only reason to ever visit Fox. 

Back to the topic at hand: I thought it was nuts for Fox to post a pro-veggie article and told this teen vegetarian I know about it and she said, "They probably posted it because their key demographic readers are all having heart attacks and dying from all the steaks - they want their readers to live longer." 

Now that's funny. And maybe super true.

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:

+

* Find me:
+
+
#9 Old 10-21-2013, 04:09 PM

I like how they preface the article with 'even if you're not interested in becoming a vegetarian or vegan'. Republicans, interested in vegetarianism as a philosophy? Get out of here.

Which makes me wonder what I'd say if someone asked me if gun ownership is vegan or not.

Check out my blog,
, a reflection of anime, veganism and animal rights!
Latest post: Serial Experiments Lain and the Upper Layer of Reality

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page