Ribbon seal spotted on a woman's dock in Seattle, WA - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-21-2012, 04:49 PM
Veggie Regular

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1219535.html

he's a cutie. I kinda hope nobody else finds it, though. idiots would probably stick it in an aquarium.

Wake up your generation! Wake up and save the nation! Wake up determination! I am afraid we're going down, Afraid we're going down in flames...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-21-2012, 04:52 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Bonneau View Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1219535.html

he's a cutie. I kinda hope nobody else finds it, though. idiots would probably stick it in an aquarium.

... no... That's not really how Washington works...

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#3 Old 01-21-2012, 07:08 PM
Banned

deleted

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-22-2012, 06:42 AM
Veggie Regular

Awww.
#5 Old 01-22-2012, 09:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post

... no... That's not really how Washington works...

considering they mentioned a previous ribbon seal that people put in a tank and it died... so yeah. they probably would. people are friggin' stupid.

granted, this is probably sarcasm on your part, but I haven't had enough coffee yet to recognize it, so. yeah.

Wake up your generation! Wake up and save the nation! Wake up determination! I am afraid we're going down, Afraid we're going down in flames...
#6 Old 01-22-2012, 09:53 AM
Banned

deleted
#7 Old 01-22-2012, 10:35 AM
Veggie Regular

I did read it was found in california, I didn't see it say when. but it still wouldn't surprise me if it ended up in a tank. he's cute, I can totally see people thinking 'oh, we can draw in a lot of money at the aquarium. let's catch him.'

regardless of whether that would actually happen or not, I do maintain that I hope he's already left and rejoined his little group of seals.

#8 Old 01-22-2012, 11:01 AM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:

considering they mentioned a previous ribbon seal that people put in a tank and it died... so yeah. they probably would. people are friggin' stupid.

granted, this is probably sarcasm on your part, but I haven't had enough coffee yet to recognize it, so. yeah.

No, It wasn't. The Orca Network is looking for information on the seal to make sure it's safe, and they are an amazing protective organization. They would not it in an aquarium.

And again, that's not really how things work in Washington in recent years, at all.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
#9 Old 01-22-2012, 11:48 AM
Veggie Regular

then good, if recent Washington is different. my opinion still stands, though. I don't think highly of people as a whole.

#10 Old 01-22-2012, 11:50 AM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:

then good, if recent Washington is different. my opinion still stands, though. I don't think highly of people as a whole.

That's very sad for you, because a lot of people do wonderful things.

Quote:
#11 Old 01-22-2012, 12:00 PM
Veggie Regular

yes, they do, and it's lovely when they do. especially if it makes the news.

but taken as a whole, I think people are very selfish and self centered.

#12 Old 01-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

I saw the picture a few days ago, squee-ed, then left the image up on the computer so every time I'd walk by I could see it. Sooooooooooooooo cute!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page