NYC Bar Owner Bans Fur Coats - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-21-2011, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/fur...-nyc-bars.html

Quote:
The owner of several Manhattan bars has banned customers from wearing fur coats in his establishments. He welcomes all visitors, but tells them the fur cant come in. Door men examine pelts both fake and real before customers are allowed in. If someone is trying enter wearing a real animal fur they are told they can only enter if they remove it. One woman wearing a real fur was refused entry and she called the police, but that backfired as they were upset and almost arrested her for wasting their time.
On the popular Yelp! reviews site, one of the bars Revision has a solid four out of five stars, which means it is a well-liked place,and some customers referenced the use of recycled materials within the bar, though no one mentioned the fur-free policy.
The Back Room has 290 reviews and some people also like the 25 years old or over policy on weekends. Only one reviewer mentioned the no-fur policy and seemed to believe leather is also banned, but that is not true.
The owner of the bars instituted the fur ban because he wants to support animals also he became a vegetarian eight years ago. In addition to banning fur, he said he will not serve foie gras or veal because they also are the products of animal cruelty.
Decades ago, ban fur within bars, or within a whole city might have been nearly unthinkable, but today there is much greater awareness of animal cruelty, so perhaps the fur banning trend can expand. For example, the city of West Hollywood recently enacted a ban on animal fur products. This town has a population of about 34,000.

If I lived in Manhattan I would drink more just to give this guy business, too cool!

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Banned

#3 Old 12-22-2011, 01:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
some people also like the 25 years old or over policy on weekends.

nope.jpg

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-22-2011, 09:05 AM
Banned

Wait, why isn't leather banned?
#5 Old 12-22-2011, 12:06 PM
Veggie Regular

interesting. i happen to know that they've served meat in one of the rooms there & its not like this ban just happened today or anything so it was after that this happened.

auto correct can kiss my ask
#6 Old 12-22-2011, 02:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post

nope.jpg

All ages or GTFO. Right?

Tam! RUGH!
#7 Old 12-22-2011, 02:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Well, I guess it's a step in the right direction anyhow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh James xVx View Post

All ages or GTFO. Right?

Obviously, how could I else bring my harem of underage schoolgirls?

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#8 Old 12-22-2011, 02:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Er...well...that's not the exact ethic I was going for but I guess that's another reason.

Tam! RUGH!
#9 Old 12-22-2011, 02:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh James xVx View Post

Er...well...that's not the exact ethic I was going for but I guess that's another reason.

Oooh, but yeah, I mostly disagree with arbitrary age restrictions like that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page