Pets abused during burglary - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-26-2010, 04:22 PM
Banned

This is my nightmare.

Quote:
Albuquerque, N.M. (KRQE) - Two pet rabbits were beaten and their ears torn and a live kitten stuffed in the trash during a break-in at an apartment in northeast Albuquerque Tuesday.
Josh Smith said he got home about 3 am Tuesday to find his house ransacked. As he was assessing the damage he heard a meow. When he went to investigate he found his kitten stuffed in a trash can under glass and other trash.
Smith said he was even more shocked to find what had been done to his two rabbits named Elmer and Elsie.
"I pulled out a half dead, bloody rabbit," Smith said.
Elsie's teeth had been shattered and her right ear torn.
"She was banged up. She was scared, in shock. She had peed everywhere," Smith said. "I think they grabbed her by her ears and slammed her against something really, really hard."

Quote:
A group called the New Mexico House Rabbit Society, which fostered Elsie and Elmer for two years, is doing something to help catch the person responsible. They are offering a $1,000 reward leading to an arrest and conviction.

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/b...011_emailshare
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-26-2010, 04:26 PM

I hate people who do that. its inhumane and not fun for the owner.
#3 Old 11-26-2010, 04:29 PM
Veggie Regular

That's so awful.. It wasn't enough to break into the man's home and violate his stuff and privacy, but they had to nearly kill his poor animals? For no reason whatsoever.. (I could maybe see the intruders getting angry at a barking dog, but rabbits and a kitten? Ungh..)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-26-2010, 04:44 PM
Veggie Regular

I couldn't even bring myself to click on the article. What you posted was enough for me to read. Whoever did this is one sick, twisted individual and needs to be locked up. I hope they find whoever is responsible and justice is served.
#5 Old 11-26-2010, 04:59 PM
Veggie Regular

This is horrible, but I'm not surprised. The type of person who thinks it's a good idea to invade people's homes are usually prepared to harm someone if they happen to be home, and generally go the whole nine yards when they do. I figure they only left without taking something because they lost track of time while hurting the poor little things, so left quickly afterwards.

These sorts of people deserve the worst.

"A-yup. Ya wasted yer life, son"

- Old Man
#6 Old 11-26-2010, 05:31 PM
Veggie Regular

See I don't get people who do that. It's bad enough that they are breaking into someone's home and stealing their possessions.

A fear of mine is that someone will burglarize my home when I'm not here.

My BIG fear is that someone will break in when I'm at home and I will be forced to use deadly force. I have to assume that if they break in at an hour when you can reasonably expect someone to be home, they assume *I* am home and hence intend to do me harm.

My BIGGER fear is that someone will break in when I'm not here and will not only steal my things but WORSE will harm my pets. WHY? What did they do to anyone? I have firearms; I can defend myself. They can't.

What a nightmare for this poor person. I hope they find the scrote responsible and punish him accordingly but animal cruelty laws are toothless in so many states.
#7 Old 11-26-2010, 06:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by smob View Post

What a nightmare for this poor person.

Yeh, it would be horrific for sure and I feel for them. But to turn up the vegan rhetoric for a mo, it's hard not to think about the sick irony of how that same person probably eats meat and is right this minute in denial or blissfully unaware about the half-dead, bloody animals being dragged around slaughter houses. I so wish we could get more people to accept that the abuse is the same.

m8itcanw8.com
#8 Old 11-26-2010, 08:48 PM
Banned

deleted
#9 Old 11-27-2010, 11:56 PM
Veggie Regular

This is a big fear of mine too. I'm scared someone will break in and my dogs will run away, or my extremely timid dog will bark ferociously out of fear and they will hurt/kill her.

People can steal all of my stuff, I would really prefer they don't, but don't hurt my babies. I only hope that if someone is determined to break into my house, they are deterred by my big dog's bark. She looks huge and has a very loud bark. My Beagle also makes tons of noise and I'm sure would attract attention, something the scumbugs wouldn't want.

Poor kittens and bunnies.

Pinterest: AquaLoveBird
#10 Old 11-28-2010, 05:14 AM
Ira
Banned

OMG how horrible, I hope those poor animals recovered.....
#11 Old 11-29-2010, 10:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Disgusting. I'll never understand why some people behave this way. Stealing is obviously wrong, but IMO going out of your way to hurt defenseless animals (who pose no threat to you) is much worse.

"I am a woman of science. At least that's what my horoscope said."
#12 Old 11-29-2010, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by smob View Post

My BIGGER fear is that someone will break in when I'm not here and will not only steal my things but WORSE will harm my pets. WHY? What did they do to anyone? I have firearms; I can defend myself. They can't.

That's one of my biggest fears too, that something will happen to my babies either in a burglary, fire, or earthquake. It makes me sick just thinking about it.
#13 Old 11-30-2010, 09:34 AM
Veggie Regular

that's horrible. i hope the animals recover physically and psychologically. i also hope karma gets that *******
#14 Old 12-04-2010, 06:36 PM
Veggie Regular

If someone broke into my house and hurt my family members, you can bet that somehow, you'd see a kid beating the hell out of an armed burglar.

Absolutely disgusting.

Enjoying the view over at http://forum.veggieviews.com/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page