baby deer shot by scumbag oakland CA cops - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-12-2010, 10:14 AM
Veggie Regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHZTN...eature=related

7 times? a baby? cornered? Posing a threat to the public? The public is a threat to the public, seriously that terminology is outdated and doesnt mean the same thing anymore
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-12-2010, 10:51 AM

This is as atrocious as the woman who bludgeoned a fawn to death with a shovel in her garden a few months back because she felt threatened by it...
#3 Old 05-12-2010, 11:22 AM
Banned

Probably just that if these people see meat move they get confused.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Veggie Regular

These people are the threats. I can't even imagine what these little beings felt....

Atame.
#5 Old 05-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Beginner

Wow, seriously?? SICK! I have worse words for this. We have deer come through our yard all the time. My 5 year old can scare them off. This one was just trapped, and a baby. It need help, not for it's life to end. I wish, like in the movie Powder, this officer can feel the terror and pain of that dear (not that I should wish that on ANYTHING ).

And beating one to death for being in a garden?

This is the third deer story I heard in a few days so hopefully I don't have to hear anymore, deer are harmless timid creatures.
#6 Old 05-12-2010, 04:17 PM
Veggie Regular

yeah clueless, probably right.

No wonder why all the gangs shoot at cops, half of them are so corrupt and under educated with everything they may come to face on the job that the bad guys know they can fire away and still probably get away :/

Just like the times a deer is hit, cops show up and are all ready to blow it away, like "YEhaw partna, i get to use my pistol today!"
#7 Old 05-13-2010, 12:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Big macho men just probably wanted to brag they shot a deer out of hunting season.

slops, gloops, and gruels.
#8 Old 05-13-2010, 12:49 PM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

What the heck?! I can't even BELIEVE this! Why? A BABY!? What even possessed them to even do such a thing! Threat to the public... IT'S A BABY! What is wrong with this planet? I....aghhhh! *insert mad complaining here*

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
#9 Old 05-13-2010, 01:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Ugh, I just watched the entire footage.
#10 Old 05-13-2010, 08:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Well I'm not surprised, but then, I know Oakland.

However, and this is certainly not the case for babies, fully grown deer are very dangerous. More people are put in the hospital by deer attacks than bear attacks when they visit national parks. Deer can even kill people. I expect it is this widespread ignorance of the nature of deer that sets people off. They probably think "oh how beautiful and gentle", encroach on the deer's private space, get frightened or hurt by the deer acting to defend him or herself, and go overboard with revenge. It really is disgusting how many people I've seen who act out of a sense of vengeance when they perceive themselves as being harmed by an animal.

www.thesaucyvegan.com
#11 Old 05-14-2010, 12:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless Git View Post

QFT.

Tranquilize

Transport

?????

PROFIT!

ETA: Just saw the video. Wildlife people were coming to the scene with tranquilizers. Oakland is rough, but I'm sure that deer wasn't a gang member.
#12 Old 05-22-2010, 08:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah makes you wonder what else the cops shoot in their off time from hunting gang members :/
#13 Old 05-22-2010, 08:30 PM
Beginner

Well. My first response was "YOU F**KING A**H****S."

My second response is an "lol" to Clueless Git.
#14 Old 05-31-2010, 12:43 AM
Veggie Regular

people like this fill me with hate, they are so stupid, they kill harmless and even dangerous animals because they "threaten" them...its THEIR natural living place, we invaded with communities and when they want back to their home we kill them....i hate to hate, but i cant help it when i see this..
#15 Old 06-01-2010, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycoolcats View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHZTN...eature=related

7 times? a baby? cornered? Posing a threat to the public? The public is a threat to the public, seriously that terminology is outdated and doesnt mean the same thing anymore

People's attitudes towards deer these days really pisses me off. They're having all kinds of deer culls now, trying to get rid of them. And their only reasons are that people are complaining about them eating their flowers or crossing highways. This one guy here in town used to set up traps for the deer: I remember he used to put out boards with nails poking out of them in his yard. My grandma when I was a kid used to totally freak out if she saw a deer come into the yard, and my boyfriend's boss's wife told us all that a deer attacked her when she found it chewing on something in her garden.

Lately there's been articles in the paper because they're debating catching and killing deer around here and then selling them as venison. I was POed the entire day after reading that. They're also rounding up and killing rabbits around here, like at the university in Victoria. It really gets me going.

I mean, rabbits and deer never attacked nobody. What is your problem?
#16 Old 06-01-2010, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless Git View Post

Ok, I confess, that was kinda funny Git. lol.
#17 Old 06-01-2010, 01:50 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRose View Post

People's attitudes towards [animals] these days really pisses me off. They're having all kinds of deer culls now, trying to get rid of them. And their only reasons are that people are complaining about them eating their flowers or crossing highways. This one guy here in town used to set up traps for the deer: I remember he used to put out boards with nails poking out of them in his yard. My grandma when I was a kid used to totally freak out if she saw a deer come into the yard, and my boyfriend's boss's wife told us all that a deer attacked her when she found it chewing on something in her garden.

Lately there's been articles in the paper because they're debating catching and killing deer around here and then selling them as venison. I was POed the entire day after reading that. They're also rounding up and killing rabbits around here, like at the university in Victoria. It really gets me going.

I mean, rabbits and deer never attacked nobody. What is your problem?

seriously :/

its really dicusting how they say its the animals invading their property...when before that house was there the land was bambis? and the rabits thing....omg the other day at school a girl(don't like to use the term, but it paints the picture) seriusly a redneck...bragging about "headlighting" or something like that...basicly drawing the rabbit out with car head lights and well... :/ that took all my will power, every fiber of my being to not just go up and deck her....it was so sickening, and she had the nerve to defend those actions by saying "it was to keep the rabbit population in check" bs....

reason i dont(unlike most people my age) want to get my drivers license...the roads near us are so sad in the spring and summer, i cant stand going through the :/
#18 Old 06-01-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellbell View Post

its really dicusting how they say its the animals invading their property...when before that house was there the land was bambis?

Yeah, that's kinda my feeling on it. Like, where did you expect the deer to go once you put your house there? If he's not hurting nobody, you may as well just let him chill with ya. I mean, the only occassion I've ever understood where they might NEED a deer cull was the one time on this island where a foreign species of deer or whatever ended up on the island, and because they had no natural predators there the deer population really did get out of control and actually was causing humage damage to the local environment. But this is not true of the deer around these parts. This is where they're meant to be. Alls they want to do is eat some grass and stuff. Let em be!

Quote:
and the rabits thing....omg the other day at school a girl(don't like to use the term, but it paints the picture) seriusly a redneck...bragging about "headlighting" or something like that...basicly drawing the rabbit out with car head lights and well... :/ that took all my will power, every fiber of my being to not just go up and deck her....it was so sickening, and she had the nerve to defend those actions by saying "it was to keep the rabbit population in check" bs....

That's rubbish!

Quote:
reason i dont(unlike most people my age) want to get my drivers license...the roads near us are so sad in the spring and summer, i cant stand going through the :/

I'm 20 and I don't got a license. Who needs a car anyway? Expensive pieces of junk I know I'm just gonna crash *mutters to self about polluting the environment*
#19 Old 06-01-2010, 05:43 PM

I said humage damage! Hahaha. Wow- I really am dyslexic! hee hee.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page