Why do people choose to eliminate meat or all animal products from their diets? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 14Likes
  • 3 Post By VeggieBoards
  • 2 Post By highlyoriginal
  • 2 Post By Ad Elie
  • 3 Post By silva
  • 1 Post By silva
  • 1 Post By silva
  • 1 Post By silva
  • 1 Post By octavine

#1 Old 11-24-2015, 09:54 AM
Administrator

Why do people choose to eliminate meat or all animal products from their diets?

Quote:
Why are you a veg*n? Chances are if you ask that question in a room full of vegans or vegetarians, you’ll get more than a dozen different answers. The reasons people choose to become vegetarian or vegan are varied, and many people cite a combination of reasons. While the decision to switch to a veggie lifestyle is highly personal, not every veggie eats this way for the same reason and it helps to understand some of the different reasons people make the switch to a veggie lifestyle.
Read more here:
https://www.veggieboards.com/articles...m-their-diets/

Name:  vb.png
Views: 614
Size:  4.6 KB
LedBoots, Ladyjay and Thalassa4 like this.

Last edited by CricketVS; 04-26-2018 at 01:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-30-2015, 11:20 PM

We start remembering we're animals too - just because we believe we're the superior or smartest species does not make it so. Once you start realizing intelligence alive is better than IQ dead,
and when you start imagining your body parts or your skin etc.. when cooking as another animal would possibly see it can really give you insight on how we treat one another.

Not only do we treat one another fairly terrible and argue over pitiful stuff, but we believe sometimes even try to play the 'act' of superior species but we are terrible examples. However, working together we can all learn from one another.
#3 Old 12-10-2015, 12:57 PM
Chaotic Vegetarian

It is fun to see how our motivation can change too. As an exemple, I started doing the veggie thing mostly for the environment and now when people buy meat I see our horrible behaviour towards the animals.
LedBoots and franciababies like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bon appétit !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-10-2015, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

I have no reasons to eat animals, and many reasons too not.
I don't think we can call ourselves 'civilized' while enslaving and murdering animals.
#5 Old 12-11-2015, 12:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Where are all the references to the 'facts' stated in the article?

I'm not trying to pick or bully. There are a lot of statements that should be backed up with a reference (preferably a well-known study, science-based article, etc) in order to make this a stronger article.
#6 Old 12-11-2015, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailFin View Post
Where are all the references to the 'facts' stated in the article?

I'm not trying to pick or bully. There are a lot of statements that should be backed up with a reference (preferably a well-known study, science-based article, etc) in order to make this a stronger article.
you can find the research and references everywhere. Every hospital in the Cleveland area is endorsing vegan diets- the Cleveland Clinic has yet another cardiologist gone vegan. Kaiser permante, the American Diabetes something, AHA,
Here's a news documentary -
franciababies likes this.
#7 Old 12-11-2015, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

Another new book by Dr Micheal Gregor-
http://nutritionfacts.org/book/
The facts abound in favor of plant based diets
LedBoots likes this.
#8 Old 12-23-2015, 11:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
you can find the research and references everywhere. Every hospital in the Cleveland area is endorsing vegan diets- the Cleveland Clinic has yet another cardiologist gone vegan. Kaiser permante, the American Diabetes something, AHA,
Here's a news documentary -
https://youtu.be/BYzlfPdpAeY
A good article will have the information delivered to the reader, the references will be included. If I have to research the information myself, why read the article?
#9 Old 12-23-2015, 11:48 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
A good article will have the information delivered to the reader, the references will be included. If I have to research the information myself, why read the article?
If you click the links provided in the article, you will find the sources. If you only want straight peer reviewed scientific studies, check the journals.
#10 Old 12-29-2015, 01:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post
If you click the links provided in the article, you will find the sources. If you only want straight peer reviewed scientific studies, check the journals.
Not trying to be difficult, just trying to give some feedback that may provide for more substantial articles in the future. I've clicked through the two references provided and couldn't find any of the information that was presented in this article as fact.
#11 Old 12-29-2015, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Not trying to be difficult, just trying to give some feedback that may provide for more substantial articles in the future. I've clicked through the two references provided and couldn't find any of the information that was presented in this article as fact.
I do get you're saying, esp. coming from the forums administer!
Frankly these articles aren't very becoming. This one and esp the one about feeding your cat!
TailFin likes this.
#12 Old 12-29-2015, 03:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Why do people choose to eliminate meat or all animal products from their diets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
I do get you're saying, esp. coming from the forums administer!

Frankly these articles aren't very becoming. This one and esp the one about feeding your cat!

Agreed! The articles (especially this one) should be convincing to non-veg*ns.

Anyways, I'll stop bugging, haha.
#13 Old 01-15-2016, 05:14 AM

Go Vegan!

I became a vegetarian when I was 15 years old and saw a calf born for the first time. He was a baby bull and the farmer told me he would be turned into a hot dog. That was it for me and I have never looked back. I raised my two kids as vegetarians too. Once they grew up and got more informed, they turned into vegans. I joined them and now we are all happily and healthily vegans. Go Vegan!!
Beautiful Joe likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page