Popsicles......vegan ones, please - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-31-2009, 06:46 PM

So summer is here and I'm dying for a BigStick popsicle....does anyone know if they're vegan? I have been everywhere online and can't find an ingredient list. Has anyone already done this research? I know I can enjoy the 100% fruit bars, and all the wonderful soy, rice and coconut treats, but sometimes you just want a blast from your childhood, and that pineapple and cherry concotion was my FAVORITE!! Peace....Jana
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-31-2009, 06:58 PM
Banned

I was doing my own thing quietly and YOU are the one who created this post trying to make a big deal out of it. Keep flaming the fire. That must be what you want.

#3 Old 05-31-2009, 07:04 PM

I did a quick google search and this was the first result:

http://www.peertrainer.com/DFcalorie...B.aspx?id=9461

Quote:

Ingredients: WATER, PEAR JUICE (FROM CONCENTRATE), SUGAR, CORN SYRUP, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYR-UP, CHERRY JUICE (FROM CONCEN-TRATE), PINEAPPLE JUICE (FROM CONCENTRATE), GUAR GUM, CARBO-HYDRATE GUM, LOCUST BEAN GUM, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, CITRIC ACID, MALIC ACID, ASCORBIC ACID, RED 40, YELLOW 5 & 6. CONTAINS 10% FRUIT JUICE.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-31-2009, 07:05 PM
Veggie Regular

They look vegan to me from the ingredient list (I'm no expert though!) They do list "natural and artificial flavors" so you're probably best just checking with the company to make sure. Here's the website I found with the ingredients list:

http://www.peertrainer.com/DFcalorie...B.aspx?id=9462
#5 Old 05-31-2009, 07:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh man, animal lover beat me to it!
#6 Old 05-31-2009, 07:07 PM

You were a minute too slow!
#7 Old 05-31-2009, 07:13 PM
Banned

I'm pretty sure they're vegan. I avoid them because of the HFCS. We're a homemade popsicle makin' family lol
#8 Old 05-31-2009, 07:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabileLotus View Post

I'm pretty sure they're vegan. I avoid them because of the HFCS. We're a homemade popsicle makin' family lol

I almost bought one of those popsicle mold at Dollar Tree the other day. I think I may go back and buy one. I like making my own popsicles. Though, if I buy anything at the store, it's the whole fruit bars like the Edy's whole fruit bars.
#9 Old 05-31-2009, 07:22 PM

I love whole fruit bars
#10 Old 05-31-2009, 07:25 PM
Veggie Regular

I buy fruit popsicles from Trader Joe's which I believe are vegan. Mango and Lime, although there are other flavors that I haven't tried yet.

*this space not for sale*
#11 Old 05-31-2009, 11:09 PM

The tangerine whole fruit bars... I can eat the whole pack if it's really hot outside.
#12 Old 06-01-2009, 04:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaganNC View Post

I almost bought one of those popsicle mold at Dollar Tree the other day. I think I may go back and buy one. I like making my own popsicles. Though, if I buy anything at the store, it's the whole fruit bars like the Edy's whole fruit bars.

You might want to try a different mold. My mom sent me a couple of the ones from dollar tree, almost all of them broke with me trying to get the popsicles out...they were a pain in my rear lol
#13 Old 06-01-2009, 05:02 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

You might want to try a different mold. My mom sent me a couple of the ones from dollar tree, almost all of them broke with me trying to get the popsicles out...they were a pain in my rear lol

I've been considering getting the ones from Dollar Tree also but I've been hesitant because I feared that they would break because they look pretty flimsy. Now I know they are! Thanks for the heads up.
#14 Old 06-01-2009, 05:30 AM
Banned

^ No problemo
#15 Old 06-01-2009, 10:59 PM
Veggie Regular

I have a couple popsicle molds. The one I got from Dollarama hasn't broken...yet.
#16 Old 06-02-2009, 04:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Thanks for the heads up. Guess in this case, you definitely get what you pay for.
#17 Old 06-02-2009, 04:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Make your own!
#18 Old 06-02-2009, 04:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelwing View Post

I have a couple popsicle molds. The one I got from Dollarama hasn't broken...yet.

You should take a picture and let me see what they look like. The ones at the dollar tree were just...bad lol
#19 Old 06-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Veggie Regular

I just wanted to mention that I was in Whole Foods today, and I saw fruit popsicles in the frozen case. I checked the ingredients for the lime flavor, and they appear to be vegan.

*this space not for sale*
#20 Old 06-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Beginner

Quote:

We make our own too. We purchased our molds at Bed Bath and Beyond. They were more expensive, but they're good quality. I've also seen some recently at Target for a lot less.

You can make popcicles out of so many different things. My kids like smoothie popcicles. You can also make them using paper cups coated with wax inside. Just pour in your liquid and cover top with plastic wrap.....stick in a pop stick and freeze. The plastic wrap keeps the pop stick in the center. Warm up with hands and wiggle back and forth and the popcicle will slide out.

I've also read about people using the plastic yogurt cups and cutting a slit in the lid for the stick. Unfortunately our local grocer doesn't carry any yogurt with lids.....but it seems like it should work well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page