What do you do for breakfast - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-17-2009, 07:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Lately I find myself waking up around 7-8, and thinking about breakfast till around 10-11 when I decide I'll just wait to eat something for lunch a little later.

I don't know where my mental block for breakfast is coming from, other than lack of breakfast variety. My favorite breakfast is potato+ breakfast tacos, but it seems if I'm having breakfast that's what I'm eating or some really similar variation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-17-2009, 09:09 AM

Oatmeal, cooked in water, with any or all of the following: nuts, seeds, dried fruit, fresh fruit, soymilk, honey.
#3 Old 05-17-2009, 09:15 AM
Veggie Regular

I like lunch/dinner food for breakfast

I had pancakes, applesauce, and yogurt with flax & pine nuts for dinner last night
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-17-2009, 09:20 AM
Veggie Regular

I usually have a couple of pieces of fruit, or a piece of fruit and a granola bar... Or cereal and almond milk
#5 Old 05-17-2009, 09:43 AM
Veggie Regular

It takes me a while to get my **** together in the morning so I'm not into cooking anything too elaborate, therefore, toast or cereal is usually the order de jour. I'll eat a bacon sammie if someone else wants to make it for me though.

m8itcanw8.com
#6 Old 05-17-2009, 09:58 AM
Veggie Regular

It's usually a toasted bagel smeared with hummus and juice. Once in awhile I have faux sausage and toast, or a peanut butter sammie. On the weekends when there's more time I have tofu scramble and potatoes or breakfast tacos. Some days I have tomato soup if I'm not too very hungry and that will tide me over till lunch.
#7 Old 05-17-2009, 10:10 AM

I love oatmeal or kamut flakes with different seasonings/add-ins. Quick, cheap, easy and TASTY
#8 Old 05-17-2009, 10:19 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm not very original when it comes to breakfast really, but I don't have much time. It's usually cereal with some kind of milk, toast or fruit.
#9 Old 05-17-2009, 10:34 AM
Veggie Regular

Lately my breakfast consists of cereal with rice milk and an orange.

www.sharksavers.org
#10 Old 05-17-2009, 10:48 AM
Beginner

During the week I will have coffee first thing, and then fruit once I am hungry. On the weekends it is anything from cereal to pancakes to muffins, depending on what I am in the mood for.
#11 Old 05-17-2009, 10:53 AM
Veggie Regular

I always grab a quick bite before taking the kids to school and then off to the park to walk. A bagel, piece of toast with jam, or cereal with almond milk. When I have time, I will make vegan pancakes or waffles.

"Women & cats will do as they please, & men & dogs should relax & get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein
#12 Old 05-17-2009, 11:15 AM

Porridge with banana, spices (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg or similar ones), with PB and sometimes a little splash of unsweetened soy.
#13 Old 05-17-2009, 11:39 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm not a huge breakfast person either - usually just fruit and coffee on weekdays. Weekends I go all out for my kids: waffles, homefries, toast, tofu scramble, veggie sausage...
#14 Old 05-17-2009, 12:17 PM

I don't eat very much for breakfast, since it's the first thing I do in the morning (after I've put my glasses on, that is). I always have the same thing: Crispbread with whey cheese and a fruit.
#15 Old 05-17-2009, 12:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi!
#16 Old 05-17-2009, 12:27 PM

Whoa, my first post! I mean second!
#17 Old 05-17-2009, 12:38 PM
Veggie Regular

I almost always have a toasted bagel with Earth Balance (or at least half a bagel with EB). Sometimes that's all I have, sometimes I have fruit (I've been eating kiwis for breakfast lately) and sometimes I have baked beans with it.

I'm sure I'll get off my bagel kick eventually. I usually don't eat "breakfast" foods. I tend to lean more towards leftovers or frozen meals if I'm not eating a bagel.

★ Vegetarian: 7/4/07 ☆ Near-Vegan: 11/08 ☆ FINALLY VEGAN! 4/4/09 ★

♥ 4 years down and a lifetime to go! ♥
#18 Old 05-17-2009, 01:03 PM
Veggie Regular

I usually have a green smoothie. I don't like anything really heavy in the AM. If I'm short on time then it's cereal with some fruit and vanilla soymilk.
#19 Old 05-17-2009, 01:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Either toast or porridge normally, the toast with marge and marmite. Though a couple of days ago I made myself some granola with coconut, coconut oil, raisins, apricots and sesame seeds. Was good!
#20 Old 05-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Veggie Regular

MMMM. I love breakfast. I usually only eat fruit in the morning and I never get bored of it. I cut up some strawberries, bananas, blueberries, and blackberries and eat that. Sometimes I will only have strawberries or apples or just a banana. I don't usually have time to make pancakes or whatever, so fruit works for me. Today, though, I had some cereal with soy. I made some DELICIOUS rice pudding tonight though, so maybe that will be my breakfast in the morning.
#21 Old 05-17-2009, 11:12 PM
Veggie Regular

If I am up way early for me, I want breakfast, but if I can sleep in...it's brunch or lunch.
#22 Old 05-17-2009, 11:48 PM
Veggie Regular

I eat the same thing for breakfast almost every day: a HUGE bowl of http://www.bobsredmill.com/product.php?productid=3567&cat=110&page=1]Bobs Red Mill 10-Grain Cereal[/url] with dried fruit, brown rice syrup, cinnamon, and soy milk mixed in, a big glass of soy milk, and a cup of white tea. Breakfast of champions and the Godsyou cant beat it for ultra-low glycemic index, loooong lasting energy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetoTheTyrant View Post

My favorite breakfast is potato+ breakfast tacos, but it seems if I'm having breakfast that's what I'm eating or some really similar variation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyomally View Post

On the weekends when there's more time I have tofu scramble and potatoes or breakfast tacos.

What are breakfast tacos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu-N-Sprouts View Post

Weekends I go all out for my kids: waffles, homefries, toast, tofu scramble, veggie sausage...

I dont suppose youd be willing to adopt me, would you?
#23 Old 05-18-2009, 05:01 AM
Veggie Regular

A taco with breakfast like items in it. breakfast sausage potatoes egg, tofu, beans, you name it its a breakfast taco
#24 Old 05-18-2009, 02:25 PM
Veggie Regular

I usually ate one of the following:

- fruit (one or two pieces)

- or cereal (it can be wheat flakes, corn flakes, muesli or oatmeal - when I eat oatmeal I mix some sweetner, tiny bits of fresh tasty fruits and a bit of cinnamon, yummy )

- or toast with cheese or a natural fruit compote
#25 Old 05-18-2009, 02:33 PM
Veggie Regular

During the week, I like to drink my breakfast. (No, not that kind of drink. I'm not that sad in life yet.) This morning I had a smoothie with peaches, apples juice, strawberries, and ground flax seed.

Sometimes I might have a bowl of oatmeal. On weekends, I like scrambled tofu or pancakes. Something that requires a little more time and effort.
#26 Old 05-18-2009, 03:13 PM
Veggie Regular

I love breakfast foods such as potatoes, veggie sausages, scrambles, etc. But I'm not really a morning person and it takes me a while to really get going. I used to not eat breakfast at all up until about a year ago. I know that isn't healthy, so I do eat now. Normally my breakfast consists of a banana plus some other type of fruit and a cup of coffee. I've decided to kick the coffee out, so starting otmorrow morning it'll be the banana and whatever other fruit and a cup of soy milk. On the weekends I'll sometimes make a nice breakfast, but that's usually only about once a month.

As long as there are slaughterhouses there will be battlefields. - Leo Tolstoy
My blog -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#27 Old 05-18-2009, 03:37 PM
Veggie Regular

I like to eat quinoa stewed with water, raisins, apples and cinamon. I top it with this fake yogurt thing I make which is blended firm tofu sweetened with raisins, banana and mango pulp. Pretty good if you ask me. I die without a big breakfast!
#28 Old 05-18-2009, 04:16 PM
Veggie Regular

i just started making oatmeal smoothies and they are so good, i even hate bananas and w/ the oatmeal it actually doesnt taste so banana-y.
#29 Old 05-18-2009, 07:16 PM
Give peas a chance

Fresh orange juice with:

- oatmeal, cinnamon and banana or

- tofu scramble, hash browns and banana or

- banana and my version of scrapple (fried puree of lentils, barley and spices)

Vegan Cookbooks Illustrated

http://vegan-cookbooks-illustrated.blogspot.com/

http://pinterest.com/VeganCookbooks/

#30 Old 05-19-2009, 08:57 AM
Veggie Regular

I normally don't eat until after I am at work, so I grab simple things that I can eat at my desk such as: a piece of fruit, string cheese, or some granola.

I have never been a big eater in the morning. I used to never eat breakfast until about 2 years ago.

I love to have breakfast foods for dinner though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page