Imperial Sugar - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Veggie Regular

I've recently decided to "go with the flow" and accompany more friends to dinners and such and just bring my eating back to a bit more of a social aspect (since there are few vegans I know) I didn't see any definitive answer here on the site, and I have found sources saying that yes imperial sugar company is vegan, and I've read that they aren't vegan. Weekend so can't email right now, wondering if anyone might have already emailed them or have more sited information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-13-2009, 01:12 AM
Banned

A good trick a vegan friend of mine used to do in the US was to carry around a little box with small jar of vegan sugar and another small jar of vegan 'creamer' they could use in their coffee when out and about and visiting friends. Easy peace of mind.
#3 Old 04-13-2009, 05:20 AM
Veggie Regular

My main reason for asking is cause the only place in town that makes a really good pita uses imperial sugar. I would never purchase it for use in my house, but trying to find out if I can eat these pitas.

I found one place saying they were all good, and another said they use bone char, so I'm not sure which to believe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-13-2009, 05:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetoTheTyrant View Post

My main reason for asking is cause the only place in town that makes a really good pita uses imperial sugar. I would never purchase it for use in my house, but trying to find out if I can eat these pitas.

I found one place saying they were all good, and another said they use bone char, so I'm not sure which to believe.

Bone char is being used less and less in favour of more efficient cost effective non-bone char techniques so there is a very strong possibility that Imperial used to use bone char but does not anymore and the websites are outdated.

But the best thing to do is call them up and ask.
#5 Old 04-13-2009, 05:43 AM
Veggie Regular

Of course I plan on calling, but no answers on the weekend. I'll call them later on today if I get some time. But if anyone has already spoken to them in '09 I would be interested in hearing what they had to say.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page