What's the last thing you ate, or are currently eating? - Page 152 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#4531 Old 01-28-2013, 11:38 PM
Banned

The last thing that I ate was a PB and J. For dinner I had boiled cabbage and a Sun Burger, and for lunch a veggie sub.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4532 Old 01-29-2013, 01:33 PM
Banned

Making some Greek Pizza and Cheese Alfredo pizza for dinner here soon. I will try to remember to take a pic.

#4533 Old 01-30-2013, 12:38 PM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

Kung pao tofu and then a soft pretzel.

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4534 Old 01-30-2013, 01:38 PM
Banned

Leftover pizza for breakfast, veggie sub for lunch and for dinner chik'n fried seitan and sides. I was gonna make spinach chickpea burgers but I didn't make it to the store for burger buns.

#4535 Old 01-30-2013, 06:59 PM
Baby Love

I'm working my way back to being veggie plus cutting out soda, so I'm just going to post my whole day. This is my official Day 1:

B - Black Bean Burger on Whole Wheat w/ Colby Jack Cheese. Water.

L - TJs Veggie Gyoza, Edamame, Red Grapes, Iced Green Tea ... TJs Candy Cane Sandwich Cookies, Soy Milk

S - Choc Chips. Red and Green Grapes. Water.

D - Baked Beans, loads of Kale w/ Sweet Onions and Garlic, Oven-fried Potatoes, Iced Green Tea  ... TJs Candy Cane Sandwich Cookies, Soy Milk

More Water.

A little work to be done cutting back on sweets and upping the produce, but it's a good start. I felt great and was very satisfied :) I've already packed my veg lunch and made myself some Potato and Leek soup to enjoy tomorrow.

Werewolf Girl likes this.
#4536 Old 02-01-2013, 06:59 PM
Banned

Roasted Eggplant Pasta with Feta Cheese...so good.

#4537 Old 02-01-2013, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

I'm having creamy blended potato, broccoli, kale, carrot soup with lots of garlic and sriracha grin.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#4538 Old 02-02-2013, 03:50 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

I'm having creamy blended potato, broccoli, kale, carrot soup with lots of garlic and sriracha grin.gif

That sounds lovely. Can you link the recipe please?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein
#4539 Old 02-02-2013, 03:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Barley and vegetable soup with a large salad. Sounds boring but was super tasty.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein
#4540 Old 02-02-2013, 04:22 AM
Impeach the gangster

I love barley soup!

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#4541 Old 02-02-2013, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone T View Post

That sounds lovely. Can you link the recipe please?

No recipe, it's just something I made up that I like.

Basically you chop up a bunch of onion, garlic and mushrooms if you like them and saute them in a little oil in a big soup pot until tender.

Then you add water and bring to a boil with chopped potatoes, broccoli, carrots and whatever other vegetables you like, oh and also a large can of white beans or you can use dry beans if you cook them first. At this point you can also add whatever seasonings you like, I tend to use a no-chicken bouillon cube, rosemary, pepper, paprika, and Sriracha hot sauce.

Once everything is cooked until tender (usually about half an hour) you add a large bunch of chopped kale and turn off the heat. In about a minute once the kale is just a little cooked you scoop a bunch of the soup in the blender, blend until smooth and then pour it back in the pot with the rest. You can just blend everything if you want but I like to leave some chunky bits in there. Then it's ready to eat!

Sorry I can't be more specific or give exact amounts, it's a very flexible 'recipe' and I change it up every time. I usually make a large amount at once and freeze some, so I use a large onion, a few cloves of garlic, a few handfuls of chopped mushrooms, one handful of carrots, 4 or 5 cups of water, 6 or 7 large potatoes, a large stalk of broccoli and an entire bunch of kale. Hope that gives you some idea of how to do it! tongue3.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#4542 Old 02-02-2013, 08:55 PM
Baby Love

Werewolf Girl, that's how I cook, too. Even when I have a recipe, I always adjust everything to suit my tastes/needs.

Today is day 4, I think. I didn't post days 2 and 3. I stuck with it ... just can't remember all of what I ate.

Today:

B - Potato Chips and Gatorade (still working on improving my breakfasts!). Breakfast is a challenge for me. I always feel so lazy in the morning. Thinking I need to plan ahead and pre-pack something the night before. I also no longer am a big fan of most breakfast-y foods. Two mornings ago, I had a huge bowl of leftover kale ... Obviously way better than chips ;)

L - Homemade Potato Leek Soup, leftover Roasted Zucchini and Peppers, small slices of White Cheddar

S - Choc Chips, couple Apple Slices

D - Jimmy John's Veggie Sub, Chips, Diet Coke. I'm doing much better soda-wise. Even though I've had some, I no longer have it in the house and I'm no longer pre-occupied with going out and getting some immediately upon a craving. The feeling of urgency is gone. Tonight was also my first re-veg challenge ... eating out. There are plenty of veg options out there, they just don't thrill me much. The stuff I make at home is way better, so I think I'll be eating in more!

#4543 Old 02-03-2013, 09:30 AM
Banned

Peanut Butter Tofu stir fry with veggies over rice....lick.gif

#4544 Old 02-03-2013, 03:08 PM
Baby Love

B - Leftover Noodles and Spaghetti Sauce

L - TJs Vegetable Gyoza, Carrots and Dill Dip, Red and Green Grapes, White Cheddar, Tea

S - A few Candies, Pretzels, Caffeine-Free Diet Coke

I haven't cooked dinner yet, but it's prepped and ready to cook ...

D - Pan-fried Tofu, Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Sweet Potato

#4545 Old 02-03-2013, 04:13 PM
Banned

Grilled portobello mushroom and onion sammich with Gorgonzola and roasted garlic mayo lick.gif

#4546 Old 02-03-2013, 06:01 PM
Beginner

I am just done with whole wheat bread toasts with smelt vegan dark chocolate with sesame seeds on top!!! yummy!tongue3.gif

#4547 Old 02-03-2013, 08:38 PM

Nate's Italian meatballs with mashed potatoes and roasted broccoli,green beans,carrots and brussel sproutsin olive oil,lemon and rosemary.

I'm Snowqueen,clean,green,and not to be seen.For now.
#4548 Old 02-04-2013, 05:24 PM
Banned

Veggie Sub...

#4549 Old 02-04-2013, 08:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Larry's Sunday Buckwheat Pancakes from Dr. Esselstyn's book. I substituted wholewheat for buckwheat, and I used earth balance butter on the skillet because my nonstick is noneffective.
#4550 Old 02-05-2013, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator

I recently discovered how much I love dates! A fellow VB member brought a sticky toffee pudding made with dates to a potluck awhile back that I loved and now I randomly decided to buy some and eat them on their own, they are so gooey and almost like caramel, yum I need to put these in a smoothie with bananas and almond butter... drool.gif

#4551 Old 02-25-2013, 05:04 AM

cereal, yay

#4552 Old 02-25-2013, 07:39 AM
Veggie Regular

Steel cut oats with cinnamon and coconut milk
#4553 Old 02-26-2013, 09:44 PM

split pea soup from Colleen Patrick Goudreau's book Color Me Vegan and a hickory smoke tofurkey sandwich with lettace,veganaise,tomato on a English muffin

#4554 Old 02-27-2013, 04:02 AM

A vegan, fair trade blueberry bar
#4555 Old 03-03-2013, 01:39 AM

I had beetroot soup last night!! I was delish!smiley.gif  with home made bread buns too! Super pleased they actually worked carrot.gif

#4556 Old 03-03-2013, 03:28 AM

Mmm.. good ideas in here :)

Broccoli and leek soup (homemade)

A plate of fried rice.. (leftovers from last night).

#4557 Old 03-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Veggie Regular

avocado sandwich, so yummy.

"Somewhere along the way, someone is going to tell you, 'There is no "I" in team.' What you should tell them is, 'Maybe not. But there is an "I" in independence, individuality and integrity." Â George Carlin
#4558 Old 03-09-2013, 09:48 PM
Beginner

Banana and peanut butter :P
#4559 Old 03-12-2013, 03:18 PM

Made a Tofurky roast yesteray and tocay I cut up some of it and put it in a big salad of field greens with dijon vinagrette dressing.  Good stuff.

#4560 Old 03-13-2013, 09:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Just finished:

Carrot and coriander soup

Leek and sundried tomato quiche and cauliflower

Bananas mashed with greek yoghurt and honey

There is joy and beauty in everything around us, just take time to see it!

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page