Ever had EarthFare's vegan nuggets? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-12-2009, 04:46 AM

We're going to Florida this weekend for my grandmother-in-law's birthday (my first time meeting her) so I decided to go to EarthFare and get some things I knew I could eat because she will inevitably be having non-vegan fare. I'm even baking some cupcakes (^_^).

Anyhow so I figured things that are precooked but don't have to be kept frozen were my #1 choice. I checked the deli and they had some vegan nuggets. I overheard the woman telling someone else that they were their best selling item - so OF COURSE I needed to try them!

I tried one and then bought a half pound. These things are tasty. But it's also kind of grossing me out...I've never in my life tasted a faux-meat that tasted so REAL.

Has anyone had these?? Anyone else think they taste so real you almost question them? lol (I know they're vegan, just saying they taste TOO real lol)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-12-2009, 06:44 AM
Banned

I was doing my own thing quietly and YOU are the one who created this post trying to make a big deal out of it. Keep flaming the fire. That must be what you want.

#3 Old 03-12-2009, 06:48 AM
Veggie Regular

I've never tried those but that's how I feel about Quorn cutles (not vegan). They're SO real tasting that my BF (omni) won't even eat real chicken anymore if he has a choice. It's kind of weird at first but I love that I have that option, especially at family get togethers. I feel MUCH more included during dinner time with my cutlets. I hope your trip goes well.

Peace & Love!!

#4 Old 03-12-2009, 11:09 AM
Veggie Regular

Haven't tried them since we don't have EarthFare stores in our state (Illinois). I'll keep them in mind, though, if I end up in a state that has the store chain.

And I agree about Quorn. It's freakily realistic. Unfortunately, it's not vegan.

★ Vegetarian: 7/4/07 ☆ Near-Vegan: 11/08 ☆ FINALLY VEGAN! 4/4/09 ★

♥ 4 years down and a lifetime to go! ♥
#5 Old 03-15-2009, 03:11 AM
Banned

I was doing my own thing quietly and YOU are the one who created this post trying to make a big deal out of it. Keep flaming the fire. That must be what you want.

#6 Old 03-15-2009, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydvdr View Post

I looked for them at my EarthFare, but they didn't have them. I think the Rock Hill EarthFare is the smallest one of all and its deli section is almost pitiful, especially for veg*ans (almost everything is meat).

I have been to all EarthFares except for the original, in Asheville. I will visit it someday.

The one here is the original?

...awesome.
#7 Old 03-17-2009, 05:01 PM
Banned

#8 Old 08-24-2015, 02:01 PM

Earth Fare Soy Delight Nuggets

I too questioned whether it was actual "real" meat; the taste and texture are so real. They are delicious and I feel somewhat ashamed when I eat them. Like I am doing something wrong.
#9 Old 07-10-2019, 02:42 PM

Wow I'm really late to the game. We recently got an Earth fare near me. I'm obsessed with those nuggets. We get the big container filled and within two days they are gone. I find myself just going to the fridge to take one out. Our store says it's a popular item and hard to keep in stock. They also have a mock ckn salad. That is really good also

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page